Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @351.61 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects
| | |-+  Melon's Gallery Maker! - Info/Question Thread

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Melon's Gallery Maker! - Info/Question Thread  (Read 2632 times)
Mo/Otto
Casual Poster ⚓︎

they/them, ecto/ect

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cloudydusk
iMood: cloudydusk

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024 @11.81 »

Quick question! I want to implement figcaptions in my gallery that only show up when the JS viewer is active (either to the right of the image or between it & the back/next buttons, depending on The Vibe). I don't know enough JS to jump in the code & try it myself. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
(PS: If you need a reference page, I'm aiming to get this working on my 2024 gallery before rolling it out to the other folders.)

shydeer
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2024 @609.94 »

hi, i also have a question! i successfully set up a one-album gallery using this tool yesterday, and tried to update it with two more albums later on, but kept getting this javascript error? does anyone know how to fix this?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2024 @630.72 »

Quick question! I want to implement figcaptions in my gallery that only show up when the JS viewer is active

This is doable, you'd need to set captions for your images, then hide them with CSS. Then you'd need to modify the viewer script to pick out the caption that's below the image its displaying and show it in a lil div under your viewer - I do think it might be a lil tricky for a JS novice, so I'll have a look later if I get the time, but I believe it can be done  :ha:

hi, i also have a question! i successfully set up a one-album gallery using this tool yesterday, and tried to update it with two more albums later on, but kept getting this javascript error? does anyone know how to fix this?

It seems like something has gone wrong with your gallery json files, but I dunno what!
  • If you navigate to your gallery source folder and get the file from "MelonGallery/settings.json"
  • And navigate to your gallery output and get the file called "manifest.json"
  • Email both of those to webmaster@melonking.net and I can study them to find the issue!
Deleting both files should fix the issue and allow you to regenerate your gallery - try just deleting the "manifest.json" file first, and see if that fixes your issue - it wont effect anything major, deleting the "settings.json" on the other hand is fine, but you'll have to do your settings again ^^

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2024 @627.00 »

In case anyone finds it useful, I wrote about my noob experience of building the Gallery Maker on my Arch based system (EndeavourOS), in case anyone needs that in the future :smile: the gallery is here.

What I've noticed since sending you that email, Melon - I have yet to figure out how to select between the different templates, how does it work? I just created the default one, and wouldn't know how to pick the bubble one for example.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024 @629.36 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2024 @926.85 »

I have yet to figure out how to select between the different templates
There's no fancy method! When people download a built version the "Extra Templates" folder is included in the zip, if you wanna use a template you just copy its files into your gallery templates folder to replace the default ones ^^ If you're building from source you'll find those extra templates in the "extras" folder of the source.

But point taken, I should include a txt file in that extra folder that explains what to do with them!

Its always a trade-off between time and making things easy for people - so it's good to hear the bits you got stuck on so I can polish them a bit more :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2024 @960.52 »

I'm currently having a bit of an (admittedly self-created) problem that I am not entirely sure how to go about in the smartest way because I don't know how and what the software checks overall and how to get it to work as well as possible with how I created my gallery :grin: I hope you can maybe give some possible pointers, otherwise I will have to trial and error it or let it generate new code I copy paste into my files via the website editor.

I didn't take advantage of all the features in the gallery maker when I made my first two galleries - for example, I let it create everything but then edited the CSS manually instead of including it in the source folder as stated, I had forgotten to untick the titles so I removed them manually, I removed some title and icon stuff etc etc.
Now I have the overall gallery list page that lists two gallery pages on my website and I can download that as a zip.
I would love to be able to easily update one of the galleries because I need to add one more picture and maybe switch the order of some, but manually editing it in ruins the design and the arrangement of it all breaks visually. And I do know the gallery maker can detect existing gallery files and modify them and I would love to do that.
Completely recreating it from scratch erases all my CSS changes so I try to avoid that.

How would I best go about getting the creator to recognize the contents of my zip file (extracted) and just put in one more image, for example? While keeping most of the CSS design of the pages intact? And what do I need to know for the future when I periodically wanna include a new image and make it as painfree as possible?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2024 @1.60 »

I need to add one more picture and maybe switch the order of some, but manually editing it in ruins the design and the arrangement of it all breaks visually
The images are always sorted alphanumerically based off the names of the original files. The next version will be adding a few more sorting options - but for now the best way to organize images is to name them in the sequence you'd like them to show up! - I recommend something like art_10.jpg art_20.jpg etc, that way if in the future you wanna move an image in between two others you can set it to art_15.jpg and so on.

Completely recreating it from scratch erases all my CSS changes so I try to avoid that
So every time you click Make, it will re-generate all HTML files, replace CSS and audio files etc. The finished gallery files will have a "manifest.json" file that lists all images, and this is what it reads to decide which images need to be re-generated and uploaded.

You are making things very difficult for yourself, but here's some steps :ok:
  • Update the templates with your new CSS and HTML, just copy the CSS file into the source/MelonGallery/templates folder and let it replace the default one. Once you do that it will include your file every time it re-generates
  • Add your new image to the source folder and rename them to get the order you'd like.
  • Uncheck titles in the maker settings etc.
  • Regenerate the gallery.
  • At this point it would be great to have the auto uploader, but thats not ready for nekoweb yet - your gallery is quite small, so the easiest thing for you is just just delete the one that online and reupload it.

After that future updates should be as simple as adding a new image to your source folder, clicking Regenerate the gallery and, uplading the modified HTML files along with the new image, thumbnail and manifest file (for future use) - you can do that manually, use a changes tracking program, or hopefully the built in uploader will be done soon!

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2024 @18.53 »

Thank you so much, I will try your steps soon :grin:

EloiPodio
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2024 @605.23 »

Any fix for kernel issues on windows 7? The program tries to start but then throws a kernel error at me (fig. 1) :sad: ... I'd love to use this it looks so cool!! And everything you make has such a vibe! pls help  :smile:

Fig. 1:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2024 @740.16 »

Any fix for kernel issues on windows 7?

Hi, I was not sure if this would be possible, but after a little tinkering I got it working  :ha: , I have released a special Windows 7 download on the downloads page ^^

EloiPodio
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2024 @620.42 »

Hi, I was not sure if this would be possible, but after a little tinkering I got it working  :ha: , I have released a special Windows 7 download on the downloads page ^^

Tysm!!!  :cheesy:
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

chiptune maker!

Started by cinniBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 6
Views: 2400
Last post March 08, 2023 @308.04
by Gans
[Transit Pass Gallery] 🚂

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 8
Views: 2556
Last post October 13, 2022 @888.02
by SilkSkull
poetry thread: stuff you write, stuff you like

Started by DarmodejBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 12
Views: 2383
Last post July 26, 2024 @639.64
by spiralstaircase

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi