Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @184.51 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What's your favorite animal?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite animal?  (Read 1132 times)
grovyle

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 23, 2023 @87.73 »

What the title says! I'm a big animal nerd and want to see everyone's answers. The weirder the better!  :ozwomp:

My favorite animal is the okapi! It's from the same family as giraffes, has stripes like a zebra, big ears, a long tongue and the cutest face in the world  :4u: Also it's only found in Congo and was just discovered in 1901, crazy late for an animal that size!!

Also honorable mention to my favorite reptile: the tuatara. It's just a lizard if you're not sure if you want to click on an unknown reptile pic lol. BUT LOOK AT ITS EYES  :blush: and it's also basically a living fossil, nature found a model that worked and hasn't updated it in like millions of years. Legend behavior

Anywayyyy show me your fav creatures now  :dive:
starlitPrimrose
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: etherealprimrose
iMood: violetPrimrose
PicMix: starlitPrimrose

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023 @271.61 »

my go-to animal when im asked this question is usually wolves :dog: wolves were my favorite animals growing up, i'd spend a lot, and i mean a lot of time pretending to be one haha. in general im just an animal lover tho, and there are tons of animals out there that i just love.

one that i'd like to bring special attention to is the glass frog -- these guys have transparent abdomens, you can see their organs which i find so fascinating, like why are they like that??? who knows! evolution is a crazy thing!  :ozwomp:

Memory
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023 @322.00 »

cats and birds. umm... in the way of birds, I'm very fond of geese, pigeons and cockatoos. sorry I've got nothing particularly wacky or cool to mention.
Mela
Casual Poster ⚓︎

PicMix: Melaaaa

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023 @492.50 »

I might sound basic but I really like dogs. There are so many kinds of dogs and they're all so different! I'd say horses as well, I went horse riding for a few years. I like them but they also scare me a bit...
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023 @540.36 »

I really love giraffes, armadillos, and sand dollars. The last one may be particularly odd, especially because people just think of sand dollars as their skeletons on the beach, but they are actually pretty sweet little buddies and I love their fuzzy underside.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023 @545.25 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Memory
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023 @624.20 »

I've been told that my favourite is kind of basic, but I have an autistic love for COWS!!!

In particular, the classic black and white Holstein's, as well as Highland cattle because I see them so often since I live in Scotland! There are a few farms in my local area that keep them and they're so cute... Another favourite of mine is the Chillingham cattle because they remind me of angels (which are another one of my special interests).

I could go on about cows for days, and I love how they're basically big puppies a lot of the time! When I was younger I cried so hard for days over the fact that my mom said we didn't have enough room to keep a pet cow in our back garden... I mean she was right, but I was heartbroken!

bugfeli
Casual Poster

as above, so below!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: bugfelii
iMood: bufeli

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023 @719.48 »

I've been told that my favourite is kind of basic, but I have an autistic love for COWS!!!

I could go on about cows for days, and I love how they're basically big puppies a lot of the time! When I was younger I cried so hard for days over the fact that my mom said we didn't have enough room to keep a pet cow in our back garden... I mean she was right, but I was heartbroken!

agree! cows are adorable even if they're ""basic"". i grew up in a rather rural area, never had cows of my own but my neighbors definitely did! i would run under the fencelines and ask to pet them all the time with my friends, we used to call them field puppies. i remember our favorite diary cow had a calf that was the same size of us at the time, absolutely adorable <3 ^^

everything is ok!

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Any/All

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023 @881.11 »

sand dollars. The last one may be particularly odd, especially because people just think of sand dollars as their skeletons on the beach, but they are actually pretty sweet little buddies and I love their fuzzy underside.

That's fascinating! Didn't know about the "legs" on the underside. Might make this my new favorite.  :ha:

:ozwomp: my beloved

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2023 @255.59 »

Exotics:
Dinosaurs... eh... Cassowarys. Colorful and deadly.

Vultures. More respect to those who clean up. Their stare is deeply serious.

And for mammals, the odd looking Tapir. Whoever designed it, props for that slick aerodynamic shape. No nonsense whatsoever. The most animals of animals you can imagine.

Moray Eels. Needs no words.

Tortoises. They remind me of how slow things go.

Home Animals:
Redstarts. Where I live, they have a red tail, which they deliberately shake when landing. They have to compensate for their small size through being very aggressive and teasing everybody. Their call is like two rocks scrambling together.

Swifts. Birds with crippled feet. They are only good at going as fast as possible and screaming excessively while doing so.

Aphids . Small winged green shperes. They get caught very easily in my hair. Probably carrying a couple of them right now.

And Isopods. I like them for hiding in the shadows, nobody can deny their emo right to do so. They look like being from another galaxy (UFO like).

And the Geese of course. Had to compensate for not having aggressive Dinosaur-likes around probably. 
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2023 @643.44 »

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU, I also live in an area with lots of cattle and have been begging my mom for a cow for as long as I can remember haha. It's one of the few domestic animals that I'm still considering getting, if I ever have a big enough yard. I love that they are basically gentle giants :blush:

Vultures. More respect to those who clean up. Their stare is deeply serious.

Swifts. Birds with crippled feet. They are only good at going as fast as possible and screaming excessively while doing so.
I volunteered in a place that had a turkey vulture and a black vulture, and I loved just sitting down to watch them! The black vulture was my favorite because of its personality, but I kept telling people how you could see straight through the turkey vulture's nose if you looked from the side. Found that so freaky and so interesting!!
Also didn't know about swifts. CRIPPLED FEET????? That sounds like an evolutionary nightmare, I might go into a research rabbit hole with those guys.

Love how geese keep getting mentiones as well. There was a flock of them at my volunteer place as well and I love chatting with them lol. They would quack back!! Easily the least deranged geese I have ever meet, there was people coming and going all day and they didn't even TRY to bite them!!! There was like 40 and I could recognize only one, a female named Cora that went everywhere with her boyfriend. I took this picture of them on Valentine's day thinking they kind of resembled the shape of a heart... looking it back now I'm not sure that's true hahaha
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2023 @696.49 »

I like cats, wolves, and horses (I actually volunteer at an equine therapy center so I get to see horses every week :)

But secretly... I also really like spiders! I've wanted a pet tarantula since I was in middle school but it's not happened (yet). I do like observing spiders that live outside my house though, some years back there used to be this huge colony of social spiders living in the bushes outside my front room's windows and it was so awesome to observe them raise their slings together and construct this absolutely huge web they all lived in together (which emerged unscathed from a hurricane once). Most spiders are solitary so it was really interesting seeing a social species up close. I didn't know what specific species they were for years but recently I went looking for what they may have been and I'm like 90% sure they were Cyrtophora citricola!

plantovision
Jr. Member ⚓︎

born to ":3" forced to ":)"

StatusCafe: plantovision
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2023 @746.16 »

Crabs and Penguins are both great animals, but Jerboas are CRIMINALLY underrated. I mean look at them! They were born to be silly!

born to be silly, forced to be stupid
deuil
Casual Poster

iMood: deuil

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2023 @831.69 »

what about the greenland shark ? i don't know if i have a favorite animal but i do have animals i really love ! and greenland sharks can grow up to 7m (23.0 ft) and live up to 400 years !

Spoiler
[close]

maybe i'll make a greenland shark fun fact page on my site...

devils
Full Member ⚓︎

Oh? What's that?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2023 @788.02 »

My favorite animal? The cicadas, of course. Especially min-min and 17-year cicadas. They are cute and loud and won't shut up, just like yours truly :4u:

Remember to eat dessert <3
Anno

StatusCafe: anno

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2023 @982.57 »

My go to answer for this question is always tortoises! I think they are so cool and resilient, and they live for so long. I also think having a shell would be pretty cool. I don't tell a lot of people about it but I also enjoy deep sea creatures. Things like vampire squids, blobfish, or oarfish are very fascinating to me. Anything that can evolve to live that deep in the ocean is crazy!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Oo Animal Crossing Towns oO - Share your town!

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 8
Views: 2293
Last post November 07, 2023 @41.97
by soapfriendo
What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 16
Views: 4173
Last post May 07, 2024 @217.47
by Icey!
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1892
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi