Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @151.02 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery
| | | |-+  OC stories?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: OC stories?  (Read 1778 times)
Tommie ΘΔ
Casual Poster ⚓︎

It's not gay if it's the floor...

iMood: anchorgutz
PicMix: brynnstic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 09, 2023 @608.55 »

Anyone have any OC lore they'd like to share? i love hearing about other people's OCs online :D Theyre always so interesting! Feel free to just rant on this topic about ur characters!! I love love love reading people's stories

also, if youre writing a book/short story for your characters, lmk how its going!!

Last night I drove to Harper's Ferry and I thought about you...
Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: kolo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023 @829.29 »

Ah man. OCs. These are my lifeblood; they're the whole reason I ever got into website making at all. Even now, everything I learn in relation to websitemaking is to facilitate making information about my OCs easier to read or access. Most of what I do in my day-to-day revolves around OCs. I draw and write for them daily, I poke at the lore articles constantly, I'm making little UI elements for myself to manage the sites better. The media I read/watch/play? In service of projecting my OCs onto them, or finding new ways to explore ideas to turn into OCs. You could call it obsessive; "passionate" is a nicer word though hehe.

I've had the same universe since 2010ish, and have been building on top of it like a jenga tower ever since. So I have... a lot of OCs, a lot of lore. Half the fun of designing my sites is figuring out how to present it in a easy-to-access way. I don't really expect anyone else to read it (the idea of that feels... almost entitled to me, I guess?) but I want it to feel natural either way. I haven't linked my sites on my Melonland profile because they can contain some darker topics, and I didn't want them to show up randomly in the Surf Club without warning.

It can be hard for me to summarize the story I'm working on currently, because there's many layers of jargon involved, but the basic jist surrounds a group of people tasked with protecting/preserving a bundle of worlds that were made "incorrectly" and have far-reaching fundamental problems due to being made incorrectly. This sounds bleak, but the focus of the story is on perseverance, determination, and the inherent worth of these places and people despite (and in hand with) their struggles. I'm very interested in stories of people in insurmountable odds holding onto idealism and hope in whatever way, and that's the undercurrent running through my entire world, I like to think.

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ there is a dream world many miles inside me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ and i go there when i can ... many miles haunting me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023 @17.94 »

Ohhhh, I love talking about my OCs. (Side note: this is a gallery of all my OCs, only a couple of them have pages of their own at the moment but you can see all their names, at least)

Lately I've been wondering about possibly doing a webcomic for a particular group of my OCs (their names are Soda, Leigh, Nerys, Morella and Cassius) because I have a bunch of worldbuilding and stuff on their backstories, relationships, etc. but I feel like I'm not good enough at drawing to do it. That's a stupid reason to not do it, of course so I might do it at some point but I have too many other projects at the moment. Instead, I shall tell you about these OCs and the relationships between them.

(It should be noted that the universe these OCs exist in is like an urban fantasy setting with faeries and stuff)

So the "main character" of sorts (aka the one that's existed for the longest and is also my favourite) is Soda (she/cherry). She's an ordinary human  that's studying fashion at university. Cherry is super cheerful and loves wearing brightly coloured clothing.

The character I designed next was Leigh (fern/fernself). Leigh is a faerie and the princess of the autumn court. Fern got sick of dealing with the court faeries so fern ran away to the human realm. Leigh now has a house in the human realm and spends ferns time gardening.

Then there was Nerys (she/her) who actually came to me in a dream??? She's the princess of a human kingdom within the faerie realm. She's quiet and kind and is also pretty religious. It's rumoured that her family is distantly related to faeries but no one has any proof.

Next up is Morella (she/her) who I've drawn the least despite not being the newest of my OCs. She's some kind of mushroom faerie and is the autumn court's healer. She and Leigh were childhood best friends.

And the most recent one is Cassius (he/it). Cassius is some kind of mothman (wings, antennae, four arms, he's a funky looking dude). He's super shy but is very nice when you get to know it.

Soda, Leigh, Nerys and Morella are all dating each other and Soda's dating Cassius. Soda actually met Cassius while cherry was studying in the university library. The library is generally rumoured to have some kind of cryptid (Cassius) roaming the shelves at night. One night, Soda stays in the library studying past dark without realising and accidentally comes face to face with Cassius. He startles and runs away but Soda returns again and again to see it and eventually they become friends. It takes a long while for them to end up dating but, when they do, Soda coaxes him out of his shell a little. Leigh doesn't like Cassius (for no particular reason) and Soda gets kind of annoyed by that because when they argue, she's kind of stuck between the two of them.

So, um, yeah. Those are my OCs! I have loads more than just those five but they're the ones I've put the most thought into, I think (other than Cruz but they're a fandom OC. I'm working on a fanfic about them, though!). I love talking about my OCs so this was really fun. I love hearing about other people's OCs, too! It's always interesting seeing what kind of OCs people make and the stories that connect them.

Boots (it/he)

Tommie ΘΔ
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023 @677.89 »

>>BananaBoots WOW I never even thought about making a website to host character descriptions and such- Thats so cool!! Same with the Pinterest boards :0 U should totally do a webcomic with ur ocs!! I have one with mine and I love writing it :D

Tommie ΘΔ
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023 @681.28 »

>>Kolo Maybe you could try Toyhou.se to organise ocs! I know a server that gives away free toyhouse codes :D I use it for posting oc art and such, so I think it could totally help ya :D Ik its hard to explain ur story, as you said, but honestly, it sounds super interesting :D ALSO I love it when ppl work on the same oc stories for ages. I have some super cringe ocs who im trying to fix up (made them circa 2014 maybe?) to make them work better lol. Its cool to see the differences between my old stories and my new ones  :ha:

anyway, if u need the toyhouse code server i can totally share it with ya!!

Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023 @64.39 »

>>Kolo Maybe you could try Toyhou.se to organise ocs! I know a server that gives away free toyhouse codes :D I use it for posting oc art and such, so I think it could totally help ya :D Ik its hard to explain ur story, as you said, but honestly, it sounds super interesting :D ALSO I love it when ppl work on the same oc stories for ages. I have some super cringe ocs who im trying to fix up (made them circa 2014 maybe?) to make them work better lol. Its cool to see the differences between my old stories and my new ones  :ha:

anyway, if u need the toyhouse code server i can totally share it with ya!!

I have a Toyhouse! I've been on TH since 2015ish :) And used to give out Toyhouse codes often myself hahaha. My account is, aptly, Kolo hehe. I just want to have my own site for them, too! Toyhouse is great but... there's something incredibly freeing to me about having it all on my own site, organized exactly how I want it, looks exactly how I want, made entirely by me... it's nice!

I'm also glad you found my little summary interesting! I don't really revamp OCs a lot of the time myself (except for a handful) but I absolutely love seeing how other people's change over time... it's really cool to see before/after pictures too, like years apart, to see how designs and stories have evolved! I'm also a big fan of seeing how the themes and focus of people's work changes over time; what things do they value now? What things do they still value and want to center in their work? And how has their way of expressing those ideas shifted over time? It's fun!

The server invite is very kind of you...! I'm always terrified to join Discord servers especially if they're big though OTL I wouldn't say no to an invite (I do like options) but I can't guarantee I'd join or anything unfortunately

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2023 @740.08 »

I very recently completed a short visual novel for a pair of OCs that I have!! (Please mind the trigger warnings; they're on the game's page!) It was for a weekend-long game jam! It's basically about a pair of childhood friends where one of the two gets terminally ill. Them trying to fix up their church's organ is supposed to mirror Kylian's own sickness. It also has themes of religious shame (as all of my OCverses MUST have).

I was super happy to complete that game!! Especially as I tried to participate in a game jam a couple of months ago, and the project fell through because of the programmer being a jerk. I ended up with lots and lots of finished sprites, and a finished script, but nowhere to put them... Ugh. It was supposed to be about an angel and a demon in an established relationship, where you can get an ending where the angel becomes a demon, or the demon becomes an angel! I'm still very fond of the story and the characters~

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Tommie ΘΔ
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2023 @845.21 »

I very recently completed a short visual novel for a pair of OCs that I have!! (Please mind the trigger warnings; they're on the game's page!) It was for a weekend-long game jam! It's basically about a pair of childhood friends where one of the two gets terminally ill. Them trying to fix up their church's organ is supposed to mirror Kylian's own sickness. It also has themes of religious shame (as all of my OCverses MUST have).

I was super happy to complete that game!! Especially as I tried to participate in a game jam a couple of months ago, and the project fell through because of the programmer being a jerk. I ended up with lots and lots of finished sprites, and a finished script, but nowhere to put them... Ugh. It was supposed to be about an angel and a demon in an established relationship, where you can get an ending where the angel becomes a demon, or the demon becomes an angel! I'm still very fond of the story and the characters~

WOWOW a visual novel?? Ill check it out soon as possible :D Id love to make a visual novel with my ocs. Honestly, I might next summer if i find time/inspiration eheh

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2023 @246.22 »

I already shared my two OCs on the Sparklepack boards, but I didn't go into too much in-depth about them. I'm happy to dump my lore onto anyone who's willing to listen though lmao.

Benjamin:

Spoiler
Benjamin is a bird-like creature resembling a plague doctor known as a maskbeak. In the world of Macabria, their role is to collect herbs, craft elixirs, and help animals pass on peacefully into the afterlife. They have a really complicated relationship with humans, mainly because they fear them greatly and they've been known to place curses on people who displease them. However, in times of need, humans will seek them out and humbly request their aid, usually during plagues or famine periods.

Benjamin is the son of Glacain, the lord and ruler of his brood. This technically makes him a prince, but he's hardly respected for being both a runt and a mute. Thus, he's pretty much ignored by everyone, including his father. His mother Rosemary adores him though, since she is the oldest maskbeak in the brood (about 10,000 years) and remembers when maskbeaks were respectful to all living creatures and treated their death with respect. Under Glacain's rule, their culture has shifted to viewing other beasts as comparatively lesser and using their deaths as an opportunity to harvest their remains. Benjamin is a gentle and kind soul who forms bonds with beings outside of his species, so he's the only reminder of their former values she has left.

One day, a deadly disease spreads all throughout Macabria and ends up infecting the queen. The kingdom's ruler, King Aridam, approaches the brood with a desperate plea to heal his wife. For the past several months, the kingdom's forces had been cutting down the forests and laying waste to their home, leaving Glacain with bitter and hostile feelings about humans as a whole. In an act of revenge, he gives him a sample of poison under the guise of a cure, which greatly worsens the queen's condition and eventually kills her.

However, Benjamin feels remorse for his father's actions and travels to the castle to possibly make amends or offer a truce. But at the very moment he arrives, he's taken as a prisoner and used as a hostage. Glacain is hesitant to act, viewing Benjamin as expendable, but Rosemary is devastated and immediately goes off to save her son. She's able to break into the castle and cause enough chaos for him to escape, but she ends up getting killed in the process.

Benjamin is deeply traumatized from witnessing his mother's death, but Glacain uses it as an excuse to rage war against the kingdom. Likewise, King Aridam's knights make a vow to hunt down the brood and aim for their total annihilation. As the situation escalates, Glacain starts taking his rage out on Benjamin by physically and verbally abusing him, declaring Rosemary's death as his fault. Unable to take it anymore, he decides to run away.

After nearly a month of traveling and nearly starving to death, he comes across Malloran, the poverty-stricken slums of the kingdom. Once he's seen by the public, a mass panic breaks out, as having a maskbeak in a human village is seen as an omen of death. He tries to escape, but ends up getting captured by Isaac, an eccentric scientist living on the outskirts of town (my sister's OC!). Isaac takes him to his mansion and observes him as a research subject for several days, but he gradually starts to recognize the humanity in his behavior and realizes his gentle nature. After granting him freedom, he ends up semi-adopting him as he becomes his little assistant.

[close]

Jeckle:

Spoiler
Jeckle is a morph, a shapeshifting beast that can transform its body in a variety of ways and has a lizard-like appearance as its default (the closest thing they resemble is a raptor with some chameleon elements mixed in). They live extremely deep within the southern jungles of the world and have a great amount of intellect. On the outside, their behavior is very non-sapient, with them acting like regular animals for the most part. They hunt and only make noises like any other species, but their minds have more potential than one would realize. As creatures that were once unknown and undiscovered by humanity, they only had the behavior of other animals to replicate and base themselves off of.

Jeckle was once an ordinary morph, living with his mate and offspring deep within the jungle. But once Macabria was hit with the plague, a group of royal scientist were sent out to search for either a cure or the disease's possible source (for example, some kind of animal bite). As they scour through the jungle, Jeckle and his family are accidentally discovered as a new species and taken into captivity. They're later brought into a science lab, where their shapeshifting abilities are revealed and put through various tests. For about a year and a half, the morphs are put under constant experiments exploring how their transformation skills function and the inner-workings of their body. These tests weigh heavily on Jeckle's mind, as he feels trapped and powerless, but whats worse is that the endless surgeries and experimentations end up killing both his mate and children. At the end of it all, Jeckle is left completely alone and later gets donated to a circus freak show.

For another few months, Jeckle is made into the show's most popular attraction. Audiences gawk and gaze upon the bizarre new discovery, but something peculiar happens. As time goes on, Jeckle learns to mimic and imitate his captors, to the point where he can now take on a perfect human form (except for his eyes, which are still yellow slits) and speak english. With his new abilities, he speaks to his handlers and convinces them of what he's capable of, as he's more than a simple beast. Yearning for the autonomy humans have, he's done with being an animal. The humans are offset by this at first, but they see quite a lot of potential in him. Soon after, he is given a new role as a clown and thus, becomes the starring attraction. His shapeshifting allows him to shift and perform mind-bending tricks that horrify all who see him. But most importantly, what Jeckle loves is being both feared and admired by the people around him. He loves being able to trick, intimidate, and amaze the species he once felt beneath. To them, he's both an anomaly and a wonder, something they can never understand and never compare to. His role as a clown gives him a sense of superiority, as he'd rather cause terror and cause chaos than ever feel as helpless as he did before.

(I didn't draw these two pieces of art btw. My sister did~)
[close]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023 @247.67 by MrsMoe » Logged

Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2023 @289.61 »

I already shared my two OCs on the Sparklepack boards, but I didn't go into too much in-depth about them. I'm happy to dump my lore onto anyone who's willing to listen though lmao.

Benjamin:

Spoiler
Benjamin is a bird-like creature resembling a plague doctor known as a maskbeak. In the world of Macabria, their role is to collect herbs, craft elixirs, and help animals pass on peacefully into the afterlife. They have a really complicated relationship with humans, mainly because they fear them greatly and they've been known to place curses on people who displease them. However, in times of need, humans will seek them out and humbly request their aid, usually during plagues or famine periods.

Benjamin is the son of Glacain, the lord and ruler of his brood. This technically makes him a prince, but he's hardly respected for being both a runt and a mute. Thus, he's pretty much ignored by everyone, including his father. His mother Rosemary adores him though, since she is the oldest maskbeak in the brood (about 10,000 years) and remembers when maskbeaks were respectful to all living creatures and treated their death with respect. Under Glacain's rule, their culture has shifted to viewing other beasts as comparatively lesser and using their deaths as an opportunity to harvest their remains. Benjamin is a gentle and kind soul who forms bonds with beings outside of his species, so he's the only reminder of their former values she has left.

One day, a deadly disease spreads all throughout Macabria and ends up infecting the queen. The kingdom's ruler, King Aridam, approaches the brood with a desperate plea to heal his wife. For the past several months, the kingdom's forces had been cutting down the forests and laying waste to their home, leaving Glacain with bitter and hostile feelings about humans as a whole. In an act of revenge, he gives him a sample of poison under the guise of a cure, which greatly worsens the queen's condition and eventually kills her.

However, Benjamin feels remorse for his father's actions and travels to the castle to possibly make amends or offer a truce. But at the very moment he arrives, he's taken as a prisoner and used as a hostage. Glacain is hesitant to act, viewing Benjamin as expendable, but Rosemary is devastated and immediately goes off to save her son. She's able to break into the castle and cause enough chaos for him to escape, but she ends up getting killed in the process.

Benjamin is deeply traumatized from witnessing his mother's death, but Glacain uses it as an excuse to rage war against the kingdom. Likewise, King Aridam's knights make a vow to hunt down the brood and aim for their total annihilation. As the situation escalates, Glacain starts taking his rage out on Benjamin by physically and verbally abusing him, declaring Rosemary's death as his fault. Unable to take it anymore, he decides to run away.

After nearly a month of traveling and nearly starving to death, he comes across Malloran, the poverty-stricken slums of the kingdom. Once he's seen by the public, a mass panic breaks out, as having a maskbeak in a human village is seen as an omen of death. He tries to escape, but ends up getting captured by Isaac, an eccentric scientist living on the outskirts of town (my sister's OC!). Isaac takes him to his mansion and observes him as a research subject for several days, but he gradually starts to recognize the humanity in his behavior and realizes his gentle nature. After granting him freedom, he ends up semi-adopting him as he becomes his little assistant.

[close]

Wow... I love Benjamin's story and how you've explained it here. The series of tragedies in his life... I'm glad he ends up somewhere safer and hopefully more comfortable. I also really love the motivations behind Jeckle's decisions to stay at the circus and perform the tricks he does; it's a small way for him to grasp back power and autonomy and I just really like it. It feels very believable.

Macabria also sounds like an interesting setting; how long have you been working on it? Do you have any other species (like the maskbeaks, or the morphs) in it? I'm very curious to hear more if you're willing to share.

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2023 @865.69 »

Wow... I love Benjamin's story and how you've explained it here. The series of tragedies in his life... I'm glad he ends up somewhere safer and hopefully more comfortable. I also really love the motivations behind Jeckle's decisions to stay at the circus and perform the tricks he does; it's a small way for him to grasp back power and autonomy and I just really like it. It feels very believable.

Macabria also sounds like an interesting setting; how long have you been working on it? Do you have any other species (like the maskbeaks, or the morphs) in it? I'm very curious to hear more if you're willing to share.

Macabria is a shared world between me and sister we've been developing for about a year now. Basically, imagine a fantasy world forever stuck within the gothic victorian ages (although they're steadily making advancements in science and technology). Story-wise, I think the best way to describe it would be like if Bloodborne had an animated series with the same dark yet sometimes comedic tone of Gravity Falls/OTGW. We actually pitched "The Twisted Tales of Macabria" as the title if this hypothetical show ever did exist lmao.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten really far with developing those two species. Like I said, it's a story I've made with my sister, but we haven't actually sat down and fully planned out the world or entire arcs yet. It's more like an excuse to have some little characters rattling around in our brains and make headcanons for them.

But to make up for that, he's some fun extra character info:

- Over the course of the story, Isaac develops a fatherly attachment to Benjamin. He's reluctant about it at first and just tries to treat him as nothing more than an assistant, but he really learns to care about it. Isaac has a lot of familial issues of his own, so it plays a huge role in him getting a found family (also we've always jokingly compared them to Mob and Reigen from Mob Psycho 100 lmao).
- Benjamin is very anthropomorphic, but he has a lot of bird-like traits and mannerisms. He collects shiny things, blinks with three eyelids, makes little chirping sounds when he's happy, the feathers on his neck bristle occasionally, and eats any of the rats lurking around Isaac's mansion. Isaac even gave him a regular bed to sleep in, but he just ended up making a nest in the corner of his room instead. Also, maskbeaks have arms and hands resembling talons and retractable wings they can fly with.
- At first, Benjamin has to wear a crappy, poorly-made human disguise whenever he has to be out in public. His identity is eventually revealed, but a major source of conflict is some of the villagers refusing to trust him and always assuming the worst of him.
- Maskbeaks as a whole were mainly inspired by the skeksis from The Dark Crystal.
- Jeckle is pretty much a character that never stops moving. If he were ever animated, he'd be extremely loose with his form, constantly transforming into other things and people as he talks.
- Jeckle has a straight man foil named Darron. Darron was originally his handler when he was still stuck in his animalistic form and he technically still is, but his job now is just to keep him from causing shit. Unfortunately, he's really bad at it. He has a very grumpy and pathetic personality, believing that other people should give him a chance and recognize him for his talents (...despite the fact that he doesn't have any).
- Like with Isaac, Jeckle grows a bond with Benjamin and becomes hesitantly attached to him. At the start, all he does is take advantage of Benjamin's innocence and naivety to get him into some shenanigans, but he starts to grow more protective of him as time goes on. In a few ways, Jeckle and Benjamin both parallel each other with how they've been othered in one way or another. The biggest difference is that while Jeckle uses it as an excuse to wreak havoc and make other people fear him, Benjamin still chooses to be kind and empathize with those less fortunate. Jeckle soon recognizes this and it gives him a whole lot of perspective. If Isaac is like Benjamin's adoptive father figure, then Jeckle is like his weird fun uncle/older brother.
- Jeckle's headcanon voice is Will Wood~

Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2023 @648.75 »

Yes absolutely I love talking about my little guys that live in my head.

Most of my oc's (at least the one's with the story) are separated into three different "universes", since I envision each as it's own comic. And I will eventually make pages for them, that is one of the reasons I started a website- I thought it might push me to finally organize their stories.

• Bastard's sword- the oldest one, this is a universe I built with a friend which started more as a fantasy world parody but slowly we built lore about it, including world map, and culture for each section of the map. we really became the thing we were paroding.
    It follows a bard that cannot play a instrument to save their life but has great dream of becoming a hero, and their friend, a surprisingly tall half goblin who kinda hates people and knows that if the bard even tries to save a princess or whatever heroes do they will die, horribly. also she has a pet rat names Ratthew, yes he is the best character.

After some low stakes hijinks they stumble upon a frog the bard wants to keep as a pet and when they kiss the frog with so much love in their heart they are devastated to learn that it is actually a guy. A prince actually, that is not dealing very well with the loss of his beloved and is on a revenge quest against the evil magic entity that took away the one he loved (and turned him into a frog hoping he dies as well).
    He recruits the little group to help find a magic item that supposedly can grant anyone one wish - the Bastard's sword (and he is stuck with this useless group since nobody else believes it exists. the bard does believe since they are a dreamer, and their companion is just happy for a job that won't get them killed).

I actually wrote the whole bastard sword myth and also what actually happened that spawn the myth as it stands and I have to rewrite i since it was like two years ago but I remember it being one of my favorite things I've written.
    I would show art but most of it is outdated I am not gonna lie it needs a rework.   

• Dead Sea-The story basically follows Riaan (a workaholic that his routine is everything to him) as one day on the way to work, to his horror, the zombie apocalypse happens. Thrown outside of his schedule he need to figure out what to do now and how to live like this.
    After a while he meets Cooper, a zombie that somehow (I got a in world reason for that but it's mostly an excuse for me to make a zombie character not gonna lie) still acts human that used to be a carefree (commitment averse) guy who got zombified in the first day of the outbreak and had been just kinda lonely since.

After a brief freaking out session from the side of Riaan they form a little team that makes their way through the ruined city with the goal of reaching a safe zone they keep hearing about on the radio. They bond, they influence each other (Copper makes Riaan live in the moment more and Riaan makes Copper more grounded), they help each other work though things that happen in the before world.

Will they reach the safe zone? Will Riaan ever figure out they will never let a zombie in the safe zone? Is Cooper immortal now or is he just slowly rotting? I have the answer to all because the only part of their story I actually wrote down is the end of it.

Some art:
    Spoiler

A very sappy comic with the lyrics of the song "dead sea" by the lumineers

[close]
  • Doesn't have a name yet- Follows two "Mary" (she/they) and "John" (he/him) (placeholder names). their world is kinda urban fantasy (you got old cars and music tapes and duo to one joke, a gun). They work as mediators - people called to the scene when people and the fey have somesort of disagreement in order to figure out a solution.

"Mary"- been working much longer in the field, has a carefree and open unprofessional way of behaving, but actually is very well versed in fey culture (and to be clear it's not real fey culture it is whatever I decide work best in the story), and is very good at their job.
    "john"- new to being in the field and it surprised by how much he learned from the books is actually kinda wrong, at the start is put off by Mary but quickly comes to respect her, leading to them becoming inseparable.

Their story is supposedly the shortest, but instead, here is quick trivia:
    • Mediators is kinda of a new job, before that a special branch of cops handled fey related incidences- this is where Mary started.
    • Mary wears an oversized coat stolen from her previous chief they took as a prize.
    • When alone, Mary exclusively listens to ska music. John only listens to the radio or gets one of those "100 hottest hits of (time period)"
    • The case that put Mary on the map involved her giving her dreams away to someone else, which means she can not dream anymore. She has been secretly regretting it since then. (angst)
    • The whole story involved Mary asking John to trade names, which he declines at first since giving your name away is something that can be very dangrous. and because it is so integral to the story I've been unable to pick names for them.
    • Giving away names, dreams, and other abstract concepts is a thing people can just kinda do in this world, but not without consequences.
    Some art:
    Spoiler

[close]

Finel ✡ - He/They
Tommie ΘΔ
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2023 @661.45 »

Yes absolutely I love talking about my little guys that live in my head.

Most of my oc's (at least the one's with the story) are separated into three different "universes", since I envision each as it's own comic. And I will eventually make pages for them, that is one of the reasons I started a website- I thought it might push me to finally organize their stories.

• Bastard's sword- the oldest one, this is a universe I built with a friend which started more as a fantasy world parody but slowly we built lore about it, including world map, and culture for each section of the map. we really became the thing we were paroding.
    It follows a bard that cannot play a instrument to save their life but has great dream of becoming a hero, and their friend, a surprisingly tall half goblin who kinda hates people and knows that if the bard even tries to save a princess or whatever heroes do they will die, horribly. also she has a pet rat names Ratthew, yes he is the best character.

After some low stakes hijinks they stumble upon a frog the bard wants to keep as a pet and when they kiss the frog with so much love in their heart they are devastated to learn that it is actually a guy. A prince actually, that is not dealing very well with the loss of his beloved and is on a revenge quest against the evil magic entity that took away the one he loved (and turned him into a frog hoping he dies as well).
    He recruits the little group to help find a magic item that supposedly can grant anyone one wish - the Bastard's sword (and he is stuck with this useless group since nobody else believes it exists. the bard does believe since they are a dreamer, and their companion is just happy for a job that won't get them killed).

I actually wrote the whole bastard sword myth and also what actually happened that spawn the myth as it stands and I have to rewrite i since it was like two years ago but I remember it being one of my favorite things I've written.
    I would show art but most of it is outdated I am not gonna lie it needs a rework.   

• Dead Sea-The story basically follows Riaan (a workaholic that his routine is everything to him) as one day on the way to work, to his horror, the zombie apocalypse happens. Thrown outside of his schedule he need to figure out what to do now and how to live like this.
    After a while he meets Cooper, a zombie that somehow (I got a in world reason for that but it's mostly an excuse for me to make a zombie character not gonna lie) still acts human that used to be a carefree (commitment averse) guy who got zombified in the first day of the outbreak and had been just kinda lonely since.

After a brief freaking out session from the side of Riaan they form a little team that makes their way through the ruined city with the goal of reaching a safe zone they keep hearing about on the radio. They bond, they influence each other (Copper makes Riaan live in the moment more and Riaan makes Copper more grounded), they help each other work though things that happen in the before world.

Will they reach the safe zone? Will Riaan ever figure out they will never let a zombie in the safe zone? Is Cooper immortal now or is he just slowly rotting? I have the answer to all because the only part of their story I actually wrote down is the end of it.

Some art:
    Spoiler

A very sappy comic with the lyrics of the song "dead sea" by the lumineers

[close]
  • Doesn't have a name yet- Follows two "Mary" (she/they) and "John" (he/him) (placeholder names). their world is kinda urban fantasy (you got old cars and music tapes and duo to one joke, a gun). They work as mediators - people called to the scene when people and the fey have somesort of disagreement in order to figure out a solution.

"Mary"- been working much longer in the field, has a carefree and open unprofessional way of behaving, but actually is very well versed in fey culture (and to be clear it's not real fey culture it is whatever I decide work best in the story), and is very good at their job.
    "john"- new to being in the field and it surprised by how much he learned from the books is actually kinda wrong, at the start is put off by Mary but quickly comes to respect her, leading to them becoming inseparable.

Their story is supposedly the shortest, but instead, here is quick trivia:
    • Mediators is kinda of a new job, before that a special branch of cops handled fey related incidences- this is where Mary started.
    • Mary wears an oversized coat stolen from her previous chief they took as a prize.
    • When alone, Mary exclusively listens to ska music. John only listens to the radio or gets one of those "100 hottest hits of (time period)"
    • The case that put Mary on the map involved her giving her dreams away to someone else, which means she can not dream anymore. She has been secretly regretting it since then. (angst)
    • The whole story involved Mary asking John to trade names, which he declines at first since giving your name away is something that can be very dangrous. and because it is so integral to the story I've been unable to pick names for them.
    • Giving away names, dreams, and other abstract concepts is a thing people can just kinda do in this world, but not without consequences.
    Some art:
    Spoiler

[close]

UR ARTSTYLE IS SO?@>?$#RHUFI I LOVE IT RAGH

Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2023 @671.18 »

UR ARTSTYLE IS SO?@>?$#RHUFI I LOVE IT RAGH

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!! I work on it very hard so I appreciate that!

Finel ✡ - He/They
Grimlock
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Harley | He/they |

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: dinosaur
iMood: Grimlock

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2023 @386.91 »

i only have two oc universes at the moment and my webpages for them aren't quite done, but i have a bunch of my oc story summaries written up! one is a fantasy setting and the other is a modern setting like our world (underlined for fantasy world stories and bolded for modern world stories).

Maldwyn & the Merry Men
The technically not progressing but not done adventures of Maldwyn Icecrow my DnD Character and their conflicts with the other members of the Merry Men. A crime dynasty gets overthrown thrusting one, Maldwyn Icecrow into a world that is infinitely strange to interact with. Still believing they should still be just as cut throat and evil, they cause conflict with the newest group they've joined up with by refusing to change their ways even around their supposed "friends" creating a rift between them. Will they ever learn to let their guard down and improve themself or spiral back into the worst person possible once again?
Empty Town
Making the child you trained up to kill from when you adopted them immortal too early surely cannot have serious consequences. Maldwyn (Monsterwyn) wakes up after an accident that should have killed them, in the wake of something terrible happening to the town they live in. Finding themself now immortal they embrace brutality even more thanks to their dad. Stealing riches, killing people, taking over towns and castles for fun. Eventually though, something goes wrong when Maldwyn wants to impress their dad and it turns how they feel about immortality on its head forever. Going on hijinx to being agonized about what they'd done and have been doing, it can be a bit of a rollercoaster.
Wyrmsun
A mini event that occurs during Empty Town, a scientist from Wyrmsun gets a much better catch than she was expecting when catching the long-lived wyrms and lizards from a nearby cove to study. Now, having caught a immortal being she's been given all the free reign she's dreamed of in the labs. Preforming experiments that she couldn't before to further progress science, but failing to account for what would happen if the immortal escaped after all that torture.
The Blizzard and the Heatwave
An ice themed magic user named Thorn Icecrow, and a fire themed magic user only known as The Heatwave get tangled in superhero vs supervillian type conflicts with each other after having a few fights against on another. Thorn sees this as a way to "put on a show" for the townsfolk, while Heatwave has been taking it 100% seriously this entire time.
The Hero with Mercury in His Lungs
A young elf boy named Glynnxiros (Glynn for short) gets sent on a chosen one quest to slay the monster that has just ravaged his town by a entity he meets in a dream. It introduces itself as Mercury and appeals to every one of his childish desires to be a hero, claiming to be from a lost civilization and bestowing upon him a magic spell he can use to "defeat" this monster. It's suspiciously just after this happens but he's too blinded by his desire for revenge to think about it. Mercury seems to be not telling Glynn something but he doesn't end up noticing until its way too late what it really wanted

Amberhaunt
Amberhaunt is an interactive webcomic leaning into horror/supernatural elements. Can you uncover the mystery? Or more importantly for now, sort through mail? Take the role of a ghostly audience while you haunt our protagonist through the story! Taking place in a town with odd happenings, Holly returns after years, but something in the town remembers her...
Persistent Adaptation
In the distant future aliens come seeking the unique resources the planet has to create the "ultimate lifeform" out of one of their own. though they enlist one of the cheapest and unreliable bounty hunters to help them. This causes internal issues between them until there's a disaster on the ship, causing said bounty hunter to switch sides.

a lot of my guys have changed over time but i've been pretty fond of the shift in Monsterwyn's character where they're more like an annoying housecat who wants to be close to people again. but that's mostly contained to an RP setting where they're in a modern world working for a sketchy company to kill people as their only payment.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

Coming Out Stories

Started by dotmidiBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 17
Views: 1251
Last post September 10, 2023 @977.75
by Thorn
What are some rough idea drafts for stories you have?

Started by hotpinkhellhoundBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 14
Views: 563
Last post June 14, 2024 @512.52
by Dibs

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi