Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @201.86 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials
| | |-+  I made a themable last.fm status embed thing

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I made a themable last.fm status embed thing  (Read 571 times)
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!

StatusCafe: winrg
iMood: winrg
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 11, 2023 @163.06 »

I remember seeing like, a "XYZ is listening to" embed on someone's site ages ago. Anyways I got bored and decided to make some software to do that for me. I personally run my site and stuff on a VPS with linode so I can run stuff server side but, on acct of neocities doesn't allow server-side stuff, and you'd need to expose your api key to the public, and some people don't wanna have to learn all that, and anyways my point it it's self-hostable and I run a public instance.

You can run it yourself by downloading a copy and following the README at https://git.aleteoryx.me/cgit/lfm_embed/about.

You can put it on your own page by adding
Code
<iframe src="https://lfm.aleteoryx.me/user/<your last.fm username>"></iframe>

I'm going to add more themes in the coming weeks, but for now there's just the default "plain" one, so you don't really need to specify the theme. Like it says in the readme, add the query parameter ?dark to enable dark mode.

So that I don't end up spamming the last.fm API, there's a 1 minute cache on all users. It might miss like, OST tracks or Jack Stauber's micropop or something, but for most songs that should be plenty of time. Anyways, hope some of y'all find this useful or whatever.

PS: I personally find that setting style="height: 3.2cm; width: 10cm;" on the iframe looks the best, although if you tend to listen to longer-named songs you might wanna up the width.

PPS: There's docs for writing and testing out your own theme in the README, specifically at the bottom. If you make a cool theme I'd be happy to add it to the main project(with credit ofc).

PPPS: (wow adding a lot of these) If you end up running your own instance uhhhh lmk and I'll add a link on the README.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 11
Views: 2492
Last post May 09, 2024 @874.49
by BUTCHBONEZ
My new side project: status.cafe

Started by m15oBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 27
Views: 5895
Last post May 05, 2024 @882.11
by Paprika
Website status (Check replies for part 2)

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 8
Views: 2373
Last post December 26, 2021 @841.50
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi