This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @494.63
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ♺ ∙ Snippets & Materials
| | | |-+  I made a themable last.fm status embed thing


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: I made a themable last.fm status embed thing  (Read 2836 times)
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: winrg
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: winrg

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Summer, 11 Aug 2023 @163 » Toggle Font Embed

I remember seeing like, a "XYZ is listening to" embed on someone's site ages ago. Anyways I got bored and decided to make some software to do that for me. I personally run my site and stuff on a VPS with linode so I can run stuff server side but, on acct of neocities doesn't allow server-side stuff, and you'd need to expose your api key to the public, and some people don't wanna have to learn all that, and anyways my point it it's self-hostable and I run a public instance.

You can run it yourself by downloading a copy and following the README at https://git.aleteoryx.me/cgit/lfm_embed/about.

You can put it on your own page by adding
Code
<iframe src="https://lfm.aleteoryx.me/user/<your last.fm username>"></iframe>

I'm going to add more themes in the coming weeks, but for now there's just the default "plain" one, so you don't really need to specify the theme. Like it says in the readme, add the query parameter ?dark to enable dark mode.

So that I don't end up spamming the last.fm API, there's a 1 minute cache on all users. It might miss like, OST tracks or Jack Stauber's micropop or something, but for most songs that should be plenty of time. Anyways, hope some of y'all find this useful or whatever.

PS: I personally find that setting style="height: 3.2cm; width: 10cm;" on the iframe looks the best, although if you tend to listen to longer-named songs you might wanna up the width.

PPS: There's docs for writing and testing out your own theme in the README, specifically at the bottom. If you make a cool theme I'd be happy to add it to the main project(with credit ofc).

PPPS: (wow adding a lot of these) If you end up running your own instance uhhhh lmk and I'll add a link on the README.

Logged
moos
Newbie
*
View Profile

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 05 Jan 2025 @725 » Toggle Font Embed

thats awesome! ive been looking for something like this for my site. now I just have to get over the fear of revealing my music tastes xD thank you for making this!  :ha:

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe