Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @862.95 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  ⁉︎ Community Events!
| | | |-+  The Video Game Club

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Video Game Club  (Read 3336 times)
demonologi
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: February 22, 2022 @181.49 »

like a book club....except with games! :omg:k:
i've always kind of wanted something like this, to encourage sharing (and actually finishing) games. although, beating the game 100% is not mandatory.

here's how this thread will work, if it takes off: i'll pick a game at random once a month (a month should be plenty of time before switching to the next game, to get a full experience of the game, if not at least complete it entirely.)

if you've already played your fill of it, or if you've already finished it, you discuss it in the thread replies.

avoid scrolling through the thread if you don't want spoilers!

You can obtain the game however you'd like, purchasing it to an account, borrowing it from a friend, or other means. (but supporting the developer is always encouraged, if you end up liking it!)

maybe even you've already bought it at some point, and never bothered to finish it. well, here's your encouragement to do so! and if you've already played through it many times even, here's a chance to go back and do it all over again.

First Months Game Is (Feb 21 2022):

Fable: The Lost Chapters
[info on isthereandydeal]

i wonder if this thread will take off, at all, but the idea sounded fun.

versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

StatusCafe: versidue

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022 @872.52 »

I love this idea. I have a lot of games that I've barely played, and of course there are even more games that I've never heard of.

I don't have Fable: The Lost Chapters, but I have heard of the Fable series and wanted to try it. I don't know if a week will be enough time to play much of it but I'm willing to give it a go!

hooray8

filthy frank come back pls

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022 @928.04 »

sounds fun!  :ozwomp:
fable is one of my fav childhood games, i have og pc box with game so i will participate 100% :ozwomp:

WARIO WILL STEAAL YOUR LIVER IN NEXT 3 HOURS
demonologi
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022 @949.06 »

I don't know if a week will be enough time to play much of it but I'm willing to give it a go!
you actually have til same time next month to play it! due to posting it on a whim (already near the end of the month) i figured we could just change it same time each month (the 21st, give a day or two if i'm late to update the main thread post)

i just graduated from training at the heroes guild myself. i've never played it before this either, i keep trying to press the spacebar to jump.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022 @28.88 »

Ooo, Iv so many projects to work on but Iv had Fable Anniversary (The same game just with revamped graphics I think?) sitting in Steam for YEARS waiting to be played. I will try and force myself to finally play it this month :ozwomp:

I'm not sure how popular it is with Fable fans but I really enjoyed Fable 3 (Its the only one I played, in fact its one of the like 5 games I ever completed)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022 @168.13 »

you actually have til same time next month to play it! due to posting it on a whim (already near the end of the month) i figured we could just change it same time each month (the 21st, give a day or two if i'm late to update the main thread post)
Oh, good to know! :grin:

Just started playing today, some first impressions:

The graphics remind me very much of a slightly more grown-up Fate

Something about the camera is making me kind of motion sick when I move around x_X

I also keep trying to jump with space! I haven't accidentally punched someone yet but it's only a matter of time :happy:

The guild seems kind of messed up so far... like I appreciate that this kid is probably part of a prophecy or something but they really did just basically kidnap this freshly traumatized child and then send him out into the woods by himself to fight giant bugs XD He cried himself to sleep the night before! This kid needs a hug, not more violence!!

_____
Mini liveblog
_____

ooh cool skeleton dude

Whisper doesn't seem to age o_O
...actually no one but me seems to age...

I have now accidentally shot several people with lightning... thankfully no one seems to care.

I do NOT want to exterminate the sparrows :angry:

It's kind of weird they don't acknowledge that we just murdered three guys in the woods.
"Real battles will be rather more... lethal, than this." yeah maze I know. I watched my whole village get slaughtered and also I killed three guys last year

_____

Aaand graduated! I do like how this guild is, in universe, basically training people to be player characters. I'm choosing to believe that the experience orbs are real things that really exist that you only have access to if you're in the guild. (or perhaps other similar institutions?)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022 @207.51 by versidue » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022 @25.07 »

You got to about the same point as me, I just graduated from the guild!

Also dude this game is rough. At the kid stage some dude asked me to guard his barrels, so I was like sure; then this stupid kid came and was telling me to break the barrels and I was like no, then he left and I went to check the barrels; they were fine but then the dude came back and was like "I TOLD YOU TO STAND THERE AND YOU WERNT THERE", and I was like "dude I was checking your barrels", but he said I was a bad person or something; so I went and found the kid and started beating him up, and then the guard started chasing me saying I needed to amend my ways and I was like "IM TRYING", but he was lame so I tried punching him; anyway my dad was disappointed in me, but I know I was in the right and I saved some lil girls teddy bear form a bully so that's ok I guess.

Anyway, I got an A+ at swording and A+ at magic although I almost shocked the guildmaster to death, but I suck at archery.

Also I found the camera a little jarring at first too, I had to turn my graphics right down and then it got a little better.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
demonologi
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022 @931.86 »

The graphics remind me very much of a slightly more grown-up Fate
I thought that too when i first started playing it! FATE is one of my all time favorite games.
I played it when I was younger on Wildtangent, and later bought it on Steam to play it again.

I have now accidentally shot several people with lightning... thankfully no one seems to care.

LOL. I accidentally shot a dude I hired to be a follower with an arrow while fighting a weird giant golem thing. He briefly yelled at me, seemed to have forgotten about it, then was crushed to death by the golem so I guess everythings ok in the end.
By the way, kind of relevant because it happened on this side quest, when you go through the dark woods to take some merchants to a trading post, do NOT let the guy who's been bitten follow you, apparently, he really IS infected.

Also dude this game is rough. At the kid stage some dude asked me to guard his barrels, so I was like sure; then this stupid kid came and was telling me to break the barrels and I was like no, then he left and I went to check the barrels; they were fine but then the dude came back and was like "I TOLD YOU TO STAND THERE AND YOU WERNT THERE", and I was like "dude I was checking your barrels", but he said I was a bad person or something; so I went and found the kid and started beating him up, and then the guard started chasing me saying I needed to amend my ways and I was like "IM TRYING", but he was lame so I tried punching him; anyway my dad was disappointed in me, but I know I was in the right and I saved some lil girls teddy bear form a bully so that's ok I guess.

I did really similar. He asked me to stand there so I did, but when the kid started heckling me, I just dropped everything to beat him up. So, I got in trouble for beating the crap out of him AND leaving the post to do so...i can't believe you tried to punch the guard too LOL

i've been trying to find the blue mushrooms for the antidote to cure the "sick" kid (who is actually just tripping balls on mushrooms), so i ended up wandering way into the wilderness and ended up running into these traders that wanted to hire me to take them to the trader post, ended up running into weird lizard-looking werewolves and somehow managed to kill a golem blocking the final path through (by sacrificing a random guy who definitely wasn't paid enough for this) and apparently, this entire derailed journey was the right route, because somebody was selling the blue mushrooms at the trading post, just in case anyone took that up and didn't know where to go LOL. the path is past the lake through the gorge i think, next to the farm where you take the quest to fight the bandits

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2022 @854.19 »

Today session:

Dude I just found a beard on a bench after killing some mondo overfed wasps! But its -48 attractiveness
DUDE x2 I went into the city and that dumb kid I beat up is there and hes still a kid! (I tried to find him again after the cut scene to beat him up more but I could not find him)
Ugh Iv been shamed for my basic equipment.
Omg you can get married in this game??

SO, I was in a bar and I asked two women to follow me and they were following me around like I was a rapper or something, but then there was some unfortunate actions in a fight with some bandits and one of them died and the other ran away and I feel bad for bringing them into this situation :ohdear:

Ok done for the day! I just did the Twinblade fight, it was a lil tedious. I would say overall the gameplay is a bit ehhh, its basically just room after room of bad guys to kill. However the voice acting is SUPER and I enjoy most of the story too, by far the best bit of this game is the quirky weirdness that goes on with NPCs.

I'm not sure whats happening here but its worrying.

I walked up a waterfall and he started flying for some reason..

versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2022 @11.62 »

I've played a couple more times since my last post, I think I like this game. It's been pretty fun so far! I agree that the gameplay is basically just running around and fighting stuff, but the voice acting is hilarious and the environments are fun to explore. I'm pretty bad at the combat... I can use ranged weapons for like, sniper shots at the beginning of fights, and sometimes I can get some magic in, but mostly I'm just hitting stuff and failing to dodge. The guildmaster keeps telling me to get my combat modifier up but it's never going to happen.

I have been on some adventures...

I went back to my hometown, had a ptsd flashback, dug up some gold to give to a ghost's wife, played a round of !!CHICKEN KICKIN'!!, bought some haircuts from a traveling trader which apparently applies them right away

I think I will keep this look.

Discovered you can get infinite money if you buy trade goods from a traveling merchant and then just sell them back to the same merchant over and over again. I made about 2000g this way before I got bored and bought a house.

Found 3/4 blue mushrooms, went to a spooky house in the woods and was ambushed by zombies, then dug up a tattoo from a nearby grave. Found some sort of evil murder church in the woods, and also a brothel. I'm not sure who this game was made for? It seems like it's for kids, but there's a brothel and a statistic that keeps track of how many times your character has had sex

Defeated Twinblade, discovered my sister grew up to be a feral bandit prophet (goals), and I think that's where I'm at now.

I definitely still think there's something off about the guild. I stole a book from someones house, and it's a satire about the guild, with an ominous note about how the author vanished soon after publishing it. Also there are mutually exclusive quest cards where you can, say, either protect someone from a bandit raid or join in! Was there a quest card for the burning of Oakvale? Is that why Maze knew to come? Did he let it happen and just turn up after the fact to grab the kids from the powerful bloodline?? I wouldn't be surprised!

I thought that too when i first started playing it! FATE is one of my all time favorite games.
I played it when I was younger on Wildtangent, and later bought it on Steam to play it again.

Oh, same actually! I played the free trial version of it as a kid on various computers, and then finally as an adult got to play the full game. I think it is the only steam game I have all the achievements for.

By the way, kind of relevant because it happened on this side quest, when you go through the dark woods to take some merchants to a trading post, do NOT let the guy who's been bitten follow you, apparently, he really IS infected.

hahaha, oh no
I did not allow him to follow us, nice to know my callousness was justified :happy:

I went into the city and that dumb kid I beat up is there and hes still a kid!
What!! I totally missed that!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2022 @36.45 »

Discovered you can get infinite money if you buy trade goods from a traveling merchant and then just sell them back to the same merchant over and over again. I made about 2000g this way before I got bored and bought a house.

I haven't had a chance to play again yet, but I was talking to a friend about it. Apparently if you buy a house and put trophies in it, the value of the house is raised and you can sell it for a profit. Then you can break in, steal the trophies back, lowering the houses value, then buy the house back at the lower price. Rinse and repeat and you get a lot of money :ziped:

versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022 @725.23 »

I haven't had a chance to play again yet, but I was talking to a friend about it. Apparently if you buy a house and put trophies in it, the value of the house is raised and you can sell it for a profit. Then you can break in, steal the trophies back, lowering the houses value, then buy the house back at the lower price. Rinse and repeat and you get a lot of money :ziped:

hahaha, I will have to try that once I am able to break into buildings!

wilhelm
Newbie ⚓︎

An old soul lost in this new age

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022 @82.23 »

That's a great idea!

I'm actually doing the same thing with some local friends of mine, we've put together a list of games to randomize bi-monthly, it's been quite great getting to know loads of new games and thus, knowing more about me friends in the process! I'm in!
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2023 @705.50 »

its not too late for me to join in no?
I remember playing through the first stage but I never got around to finish it

TYOMA !!
Casual Poster ⚓︎

all play and no work!

iMood: helianthuspetal

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023 @963.51 »

Oh this is awesome!!!! I might have to miss this (last?) month's game since I'm broke (and don't have Fable :drat:) but sharing about a game definitely seems like a better way to get me to finish my backlog haha!

now, we're not insane, we're just pretending... 'least i think we are...
well, who really cares that much anyway?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1688
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1847
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1837
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi