Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @641.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 64/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Collections!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Collections!  (Read 2793 times)
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2023 @68.06 »

I collect plushies and that's pretty much it! I might make a page cataloguing them on my website at some point, but not sure. They currently all sit in a neat orderly row along the top shelf of my desk (except for one my partner gave me, she's a pig shaped like a pillow and her name is Piggy because I am very creative, she's on my bed most of the time).
KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

One little spark is all it takes

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2023 @741.22 »

times change fast, for the first time in my life i have my own space :) ive started collecting various vintage and retro trinkets!

I like things that are pretty but also weird. I guess kitsch would be the word.

I just got this porceline doll and bear at a farmers market/thrift store type thing where people set up tables to sell stuff. I swear people just give stuff to me, my sister says its because i go up to the tables looking all sad like a victorian child lol

The doll actually has a sweet story, the womans daughter had moved out and didnt want them anymore, she had about a dozen she was selling. I could tell she cared about them. I only had 5 bucks and they were 8 but she gave it to me because she said my eyes just lit up when i saw them, and she was right.

I know people tend to find stuff like this creepy, and ive just never seen it. My great grandma has dolls like this all over her house, has since she was a kid, and when my mom would call them creepy, i would always smile and agree. But i didnt get it... i thought they were lovely

they are defiantly a bit unsettleing or weird, but i think that adds to the charm, and makes them more appealing. I love how this one has a raggedy anne type doll.

I made the duck with the clay face, and the dear like doll with the long hair. Everyone finds the duck creepy, but again, i think hes cute. I also made the puzzle with lace.

Make a little birdhouse in your soul
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2023 @860.68 »

i collect books, old tech, plushes and much more but today i'll stick to sharing my plush collection :^)
(old photo)

old photo, but pretty accurate. my plush collection is 67%found in the trash,,12% bought, and 3% gifted to me... i pretty much know all the best spots for dumpster diving*

*i dont actually rummage in there. people just tend to leave things they don't need but still work on the ground beside the trash. still counts as found in the trash. to me :^)

my clowms! the small ones are twins! the green one's a circus/jester clown mix and i'm still figuring out the red one's breed :^) their names are a sceret, they wont tell me..
the big one is Alberto Manuel Soares, she's a hobo clown i rescued from a thrift store that was using her for mascot appeal; they made her flip signs for 30 cents an hour D^:

this is clown souplé, he's a french hobo/party clwon mix and he's still on the way to my country, can't wait for him and my creatures to meet :^3

(i talk about my clowns like they're real live creatures as some sort of roleplay, it's a subculture called clown husbandry, don't get scared ^_^)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2023 @877.41 by egbert » Logged

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2023 @786.08 »

I like to collect retro games, VHS tapes, Laserdiscs and the occasional Blu-Ray.

I've also been getting into collecting 90s and early 2000s gaming magazines, particularly ones focused on systems I enjoy. It's very interesting reading about the opinion on games before they come out, and what they thought of them once they did. They also help with the immersion if I'm playing the same console, it feels like I'm sort of back in time, if that makes sense.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2023 @854.04 »

I like to collect retro games, VHS tapes, Laserdiscs and the occasional Blu-Ray.

I've also been getting into collecting 90s and early 2000s gaming magazines, particularly ones focused on systems I enjoy. It's very interesting reading about the opinion on games before they come out, and what they thought of them once they did. They also help with the immersion if I'm playing the same console, it feels like I'm sort of back in time, if that makes sense.

i collect magazines too, both old and new. the oldest ones go back to the 90s, i collect panflets and zines too... i started doing it because while they might not be old now, they'll be old someday :^P i found the older ones in, you guessèd it. the trash. not IN THE trash. on the floor beside it. someone must have died or something... the censored magazines are hometown publications... dont wanna doxx myself....

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2023 @854.83 »

i like taking photos with flash... makes them look really bad... i like it.. yay!

SleepyCalaban
Casual Poster ⚓︎

He/They/It

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: sleepycalaban

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2023 @415.93 »

Ooooo I love this questtiiioonnn

In real life I like to collect plushies, bottle caps, crystals, random trinkets, hotwheels, and I want to get back into collecting littlest pet shop pets!! I'd also like to get into collecting pokemon cards and maybe animal crossing amiibo cards.

Virtually I like to collect various items in my videogames and specific pets on some of my virtual pet websites. Some examples are My Egg Cave hoard, you'll need to scroll past my profile info to see them, and my final outpost horses collection!!

Interested in virtual pet sites? Check out my masterlist!
Swiftpaw

it/its

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2023 @747.22 »

Maybe we'll take pictures later, but we collect anything Pokemon (plushies, toys, books, games, etc), stuffed animals (mostly Webkinz, Beanie Babies, and "zoo" stuffed animals), gemstones or rocks, and action figures and toys. We also have a small collection of tarot and playing cards.

Kala
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2023 @225.35 »

I collect CDs, Manga, DVDs and Littlest pet shops. things I want to collect but don't have enough for a collection are; Cheburashka merch, things related to radioactivity and gas masks!

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2023 @400.95 »

ah, im so happy that people took interest in this thread... !
clown souplé got here a few days ago... he and that royal guard thing are awfully close...
i'll now recap their existence..!

from left to right: Alberto Manuel Soares - hobo clown i rescued from an antique store where they exploited her with unfair working conditions (she/he), Mr. F 2, Mr. F 1 - twins i met at a flea market who pay 5cents a month to live here. they wont tell me their real names… or breeds but i think Mr F 2 may be a circus/jester mix… (they/them) , Clown Souplé - french party clown tourist who’s here to sightsee :^) he’s a simple man. i mean clown. (he/him) he's very clearly a party clown but i predict he'll start developing hobo characteristics

posting pictures of your own collections is encouraged... yay!..yay!

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2023 @169.18 »

I got into collecting Pokemon cards recently! I enjoy the trading card game so I have a deck I can play with. But I drew some great cards in packs so now I am collecting cards!

I collected all the cards with the amigurumi pokemon photos in near mint holofoil!

I also have the Sword & Shield Eeveelutions, and I'm collecting cards with art by Yuka Morii. Yuka Morii makes clay figures of pokemon and photographs them out in nature!

And the big thing I'm collecting is Fairy cards! Fairy pokemon aren't legal to play anymore, but many of the cards are super cheap! I like them because I like the whole concept of the Fairy energies and stuff. So I collect any Fairy cards I can find even if they aren't full art or they're not holofoil.

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2023 @993.23 »

I like collecting stickers.

Also plushes and tiny (usually bunny-themed) knick-knacks.

Vroom vroom
bugfeli
Casual Poster

as above, so below!

StatusCafe: bugfelii
iMood: bufeli

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2024 @804.51 »

as of right now i have 39 dvds with give or take 74 films on them of horror movies (with a few random choice films in there too). most of them come from 2014-2022 but i do have a few that go back to 1950-1996. my most recent additions are the house of wax, the crow, and se7en. a lot of them are just whatever i could find at resale shops and thrift stores and i'm not actively looking for particular films (i'm also mostly against buying them online unless they're one of my favorite films or they complete a series i've started to collect). i do watch all of the movies (some more than others) and i cherish my collection greatly!

My DVD Shelf
[close]

everything is ok!

Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2024 @951.00 »

I've started Comic-Books in 1995 when I was young. Spawn #1 was my first issue and if I hadn't been laying on the floor that day because my mom was taking too much time choosing her knitting magazine, I would have probably never started it. It was the first issue I actually owned for myself, previous comics were a couple of SPider-Man at my cousin's home but other than that it was the usual "franco-belge" (Asterix, Tintin, Lucky Luke, Mélusine, etc) stuff. Spawn really blew off my mind and sparked my interest for more. I don't have a giant collection but it's a collection of things I actually like and read. Too many people nowadays are focused on investing, buying encased issues or whatever collector they think will be valuable in several years.

Reading and collecting is most of the fun for me !
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2024 @934.25 »

mr f 2 gave birth... i didnt know he had it in him.. hes a he/they now btw

his daughter thumbellina.... (she/her)

drew them

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi