Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @689.83 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 65/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Collections!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Collections!  (Read 2794 times)
lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: lime360
iMood: lime360
Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2024 @393.84 »

i collect some old software and youtube videos.

as for physical media, i collect various discs, you know, cds, dvds and blu-ray discs

Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2024 @924.83 »

I collect and most importantly read, comic-books. I've started in 1995 with Spawn #1 because my mom spent too much time choosing a knitting magazine and I was laying on the floor believing I'd die of boredom. Never thought it'd stick but that's my thing I guess ! I started the website to make an inventory of everything I own because I read both in English and French.

Variant covers are a trap for me. I've bought the same issue a couple of time so I made my own database within the website. It's long and a bit tedious but once I'm up to everything I own, I will only have to add monthly hauls, which will be much faster. I blame Panini Comics France for publishing so many different books and scatter some issues in those.

I started my own database beacuse I didn't wanted to pay for English AND French softwares, plus I don't struggle entering old issues since I don't need ISBN or whatever. Good ol' keyboard typing. If you have questions feel free to ask but be prepared to receive a ton of infos in the face with my replies !

MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎

{this personal text box intentionally left blank}

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2024 @123.45 »

It's not as interesting as some of the other stuff in this topic, but I collect music! I'm up to about 3000 songs digitally and about 100 physical CDs of my own. I get music from all over the place, but the large majority of my library is ripped from CDs that I either bought myself or borrowed from friends/family. I've really been trying to move away from a Spotify subscription, so this plus a small portable radio is really helping.

I also used to collect old Apple computers when I was younger, but it's a heavy, expensive hobby. Still have a G3 SE and a G4 laying around in working order, plus a Mac Plus on display with bad capacitors (don't have the technical skill to fix it   :sad: .

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2024 @822.00 »

I also collect stickers!! but I will have to put pics in here later, lol.

I collect Diddl (2000s-teen europeans prob know what that is lol)

As a kid I used to collect those tiny tea-bag "handles" ?? Ya know the little paper tab on tea bags. I still have them, but I stopped collecting. Maybe I should start again.

I also love like, stationary stuff...pencils, erasers etc.

None of this I collect like crazy (I'm too frugal hehehe) but if I come across something I like, I get it.

WK_0

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2024 @94.78 »

What a cute little bunch of clowns OP has. Congrats on Mr F 2 for the new clownlette! (clownlette? clown pup? what would a young clown even be called? Hm...)
As for me, I used to collect Pokemon cards. But then I realized that's a pretty expensive hobby, especially if you're a completionist, so I moved on to the next best thing. Playing cards!

I moved onto collecting all sorts of card decks mostly for the myriad of designs there are out there. Most of them are from the Bicycle company since they're one of the bigger playing card manufacturers where I live, but I have found a fair share of other packs produced outside of their reach, including a few independently produced decks. The groups pictured are just half of what I've amassed so far.

"Extra Stuff"
Then again, I hadn't necessarily left trading cards behind. I still intend to complete my Dragon Booster premiere deck someday. I'm still missing a lot of cards from there, but booster packs for this one are pretty hard to come across.

I also, as a dude, collect cars. Toy cars, that is. But I don't exactly display them in a neat line as much as I just let 'em hang out wherever they can fit across my room (and workstation).

[close]
keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2024 @124.33 »

As for me, I used to collect Pokemon cards. But then I realized that's a pretty expensive hobby, especially if you're a completionist, so I moved on to the next best thing. Playing cards!

You have such a nice collection of playing cards!! I love getting playing cards from the places I go that are themed after the location. What's your favorite deck?

xoxo, lolo =3

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
WK_0

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2024 @259.51 »

You have such a nice collection of playing cards!! I love getting playing cards from the places I go that are themed after the location. What's your favorite deck?

xoxo, lolo =3

Thanks! I'm actually curious to see some of your packs when you get a chance, I don't think I've seen many card decks that're location themed (then again I rarely ever travel, heh).

What I'd count as my favourite is kinda nebulous. I like collecting purely based on design sensibility, and I happen to have different facets to what I like. Sometimes I'm drawn to uniquely themed decks, like space card decks (come to think of it there's five in the previous group pictures, the trio of Stargazer decks, the Zero Gravity, and Constellation decks), sometimes I'm drawn to a good backface design because I'm very particular about that part (the Guardians, Zero Gravity, and Gents of Fortune decks have beautifully done backface designs, imo, and anything designed by theory11 goes beyond my expectations), and sometimes I like things that're either antiquated or just plain simple (the Aviator and Bee decks are as simple as can be, but that's the charm I like about 'em, and my Fox deck is the oldest deck I own so of course it carries some sentimental value to me).

And sometimes I get drawn to the cheapest, most tacky decks there is like this Playstation-themed deck I found at a Five Below. Design-wise it's kinda lazy, and the backface design makes my brain itch, but goddamn it I had to have this one.

And believe it or not, I don't just collect the traditional 52-count decks either. I also get interested in any tarot or Uno decks too, though I don't stumble upon as many interesting designs in-store as the standard 52-card decks.

rinni
Casual Poster

IS YOUR MEMORY CARD SET CORRECTLY?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2024 @307.05 »

I collect Figment Merchandise!! You know?? Figment the purple dragon from the hit Disney's EPCOT  attraction Journey into Imagination with Figment?!??!?!?! That everyone loves?!?!??!!!!!! I don't have my collection with me right this moment-- But I'm planning on making a page for it in my website and i'll definitely link to it here when it's done!!

I also collect pins and keychains and stickers and all that good stuff-- but my Figment collection is one I'm actively working on and it's my most specific one-- I love Figment. I love Figment so much.

itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2024 @746.91 »

Decided to share my bunny collection as well!

The painting I did in memory of my late bun Broadway (may his little bun soul rest in peace).

The woodcut bunny is something my late grandfather did. It was part of a lamp at one point but the lamp part broke so I just kept the bunny.

Vroom vroom
Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2024 @807.45 »

Oh man, I absolutely FEEL you ! I sued to collect Pokémon cards and I had to give up because of prices and scalpers. It's not a kid game anymore just some weird money laundering system. They put out new sets every few months and with the super rares and whatever it's super expensive and almost impossible to complete if you're really invested. It's just cardboard...

plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2024 @115.74 »

i collect books, notebooks, posters for my wall, stickers, pins, and whatever nonsense i can find on the ground.

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

View Profile WWW

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2024 @849.88 »

i got new garfields so ! updated group photos!

god their sitcom would be insane. i just know they'd have the craziest beef with random humans

PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2024 @108.77 »

My most deliberate collection is probably my (meagre) iPod collection/my Apple collection in general. I have photos of them up on my iPods and iStash page on my site for anyone who wants to see! There are too many for me to comfortable add all the photos here. I'm hoping to add a functioning iBook G4 to my Mac collection soon to be my daily laptop—we'll see if I can find any good ones. I only have three iPod nanos and one iPod touch at present, but I want to get more soon!

Besides that, I have a tonne of books and stuffed animals that I've accumulated over the years, to the point that one could call them a collection. I don't plan to take them all with my when I move off to college though, whereas I plan to take all my iPods (and my iBook if I get one) with me. I also collect digital music and other files, but that's just data hoarding LOL.

i like taking photos with flash... makes them look really bad... i like it.. yay!

So do I! It definitely lends them a 2000s feel for some reason, so I generally do it unless it would otherwise make for an uber-pretty photo.

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

aribluejeans
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/they

iMood: aribluejeans

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2024 @739.19 »

I saw the "what do you collect?" and got so excited to share. I collect a lot of different stuff, but I'll just share one group for now, because...

I have clowns, too! I might get other pictures later (the first one is a group photo but I could show them off individually), but I rounded mine up for a few quick pictures.

This is the main bulk of my collection! My first one was the one in the front right. What a cutie! He's full of sand so he's nice and heavy.

For Christmas, my sister bought me the black and red one behind the sand fella mentioned before. It has a wind-up music box in it that plays The Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera. The tag says they're handmade and individual so no two are alike. The given name is "Chipolte", and yes, it is indeed spelled like that.

This one is so big that I had to photograph it alone in a desk chair.

I had to bring this little wooden one home because the poor fella is missing an arm. The least I can do is give him a loving home.

aribluejeans
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/they

iMood: aribluejeans

View Profile WWW

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2024 @741.01 »

I forgot to mention in my last post, but my clowns are a part of a bigger collection of dolls, statuettes, and even some puppets. I may post a few of those later if I get the chance.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi