Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @833.59 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 86/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Collections!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Collections!  (Read 2795 times)
Sorcer
Casual Poster ⚓︎

:)

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2024 @36.10 »

They're spread across my rooms in both of my parents' homes so it's a bit hard to show off, but I mainly collect figures/plushes and enamel pins! I would like to show off some, but I'm having trouble adding images.

I collect Figment Merchandise!! You know?? Figment the purple dragon from the hit Disney's EPCOT  attraction Journey into Imagination with Figment?!??!?!?! That everyone loves?!?!??!!!!!! I don't have my collection with me right this moment-- But I'm planning on making a page for it in my website and i'll definitely link to it here when it's done!!

I also collect pins and keychains and stickers and all that good stuff-- but my Figment collection is one I'm actively working on and it's my most specific one-- I love Figment. I love Figment so much.

Oh, I love Figment! Him and the Orange Bird are awesome as characters local to WDW, my home park. I have the Figment pin of him sleeping under a rainbow. Would love to see your collection!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024 @39.44 by Sorcer » Logged

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2024 @753.50 »

The tea bag uh tabs??? I collected as a kid. I wasn't so careful with them, lol. I had shoved them in a small drawer in my dollhouse, haha.

I think I'm gonna start collecting again, lol.

thesolitarygamer
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2024 @91.78 »

I collect CDs mainly, here's a somewhat out of date picture of my current collection!

It has grown a lot since this image lol, been slowly trying to collect the discography of Nine Inch Nails and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

View Profile WWW

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2024 @659.40 »

my other clown gave birth the baby's name is jared

can YOU spot him?

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2024 @661.89 »

I saw the "what do you collect?" and got so excited to share. I collect a lot of different stuff, but I'll just share one group for now, because...

I have clowns, too! I might get other pictures later (the first one is a group photo but I could show them off individually), but I rounded mine up for a few quick pictures.

This is the main bulk of my collection! My first one was the one in the front right. What a cutie! He's full of sand so he's nice and heavy.

For Christmas, my sister bought me the black and red one behind the sand fella mentioned before. It has a wind-up music box in it that plays The Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera. The tag says they're handmade and individual so no two are alike. The given name is "Chipolte", and yes, it is indeed spelled like that.

This one is so big that I had to photograph it alone in a desk chair.

I had to bring this little wooden one home because the poor fella is missing an arm. The least I can do is give him a loving home.

uwahhh i want a bigger clown too... i saw multiple big ones at the lisbon flea market but i didnt feel like carrying them around ughhhhhhh
so cool..

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2024 @911.94 »

i collect physical media mostly but i also collect fountain pens, anime figures, stuff like that

here's my physical media bookshelf which houses the most of my stuff (:

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
SilentHope33

The current Hokage

iMood: optimistic

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2024 @283.87 »

Here is SOME of my manga collection, I will take more pics as time goes on hopefully when I have my comic collection started.

Some manga anthology Magazines

Some individual Graphic Novels or Tankōbons

Some more Tankōbons

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2024 @982.43 »

Some of what I collect is junk, some of it isn't.

I've been collecting books and ephemera about my home city, Bristol, UK for as long as I can remember, and been writing about the place for 20 years. Someone found the site and this morning sent me a photo of a book asking if I knew anything about it that made me gulp. I'm almost as excited as they should be owning it.

It's one of the Weare's Bristol Collection volumes and very rare. One of the volumes, from around 1810, came up for auction in 2021 and it's valued at around £30,000 (a bit under $40,000). I don't know any private owners and the only places I know that have copies are the Bristol City archives and the British Museum.

In 1789, William Barrett wrote "History and Antiquities of the City of Bristol". What George Weare Braikenridge did was go through the book, find all the documents referenced, some dating from the 15th century, had them all engraved and created his own series of books.

The second photo is from my own collection and are:

Rev. James Dallaway - Antiquities of Bristow [An old spelling of Bristol] - 1834
John Evans - Chronological Outline of the History of Bristol - 1824
J. Britton - Historical and Architectural Essay Relating to Redcliffe Church - 1813

* IMG-20240307-WA0000.jpg (132.61 kB, 1600x757 - viewed 2 times.)

* bristol-books-152250-800.jpg (400.74 kB, 800x703 - viewed 5 times.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024 @983.94 by brisray » Logged
dekopon
Newbie ⚓︎

dreaming in a dream

StatusCafe: faegarden333
iMood: faegarden333

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2024 @114.86 »

what a fun topic wow ^__^ seeing everyones collections makes me feel both joy and validation as a hoarder AJAJJSJ

figure 1: back when i used to be a prolific sparkling water drinker i would collect the bottles and use them as stationary holders. color of the can dictated the color of the contents. ive since stopped drinking so much sparkling water tbh and also i basically have every color i need so i stopped adding to this collection.

i also jus collect pretty bottles i dont want to throw away. for example, tho not pictured here, i have this bottle that used to have green tea with a cute rilakkuma wrapper on my desk. also a lychee ramune bottle someone at school gave me one time. other notable members of this bottle/can collection are my two arizona cans, one diet and one classic teal and cherry blossom.

figure 2: again, back when i drank sparkling water a ton i collected the tabs since i had to take off the top of the can anyways if i wanted to put anything in it. it also sort of just became a fun operation id routinely do on all the sparkling water flavors i drank. when i opened a new can, id push down on the tab and then pull it back up, twisting it a little around till they fell off. then id pocket them till i got home from school and put them in the container pictured above; an empty gum container i think i found at school and washed (duh) and repurposed for this

im not sure what to do with all this tho tbh??? i thought about jewelry or something but i dont know cause im not like crafty like that.

figures 3-5: i dont know whats with me always collecting food-related items but i also collect candy wrappers and stuff. theyre scattered around my wall hence the many pictures. (dont worry the chobani yogurt tops are washed)

i collect the chobani tops because i had a streak of buying them at costco and i liked the pictures of fruit a lot because i just love fruit. i collected those strawberry candy wrappers in figure 4 because i love strawberries and even tho i only really like 2 of the 5 flavors of those candies, i love the visual appearance of strawberries so i saved all of them (only 3 pictured here) in figure 5, you can see some more candy wrappers i collected. the hello kitty wrappers were candy given to me from the same person who gave me the ramune, lol.

also, side note, with the discovery of my love of candy wrappers ive developed a way to open wrappers up without harming/taking off the top, side, etc. if you turn it to the back and tear at the base of the small flap in the middle found on most candy wrappers, you can open it from the back without any harm to the design in the front or the edge.

okk sorry for writing up so much. i hope someone finds this interesting tho :4u:

:transport:
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2024 @517.74 »

what a fun topic wow ^__^ seeing everyones collections makes me feel both joy and validation as a hoarder AJAJJSJ

figure 1: back when i used to be a prolific sparkling water drinker i would collect the bottles and use them as stationary holders. color of the can dictated the color of the contents. ive since stopped drinking so much sparkling water tbh and also i basically have every color i need so i stopped adding to this collection.

i also jus collect pretty bottles i dont want to throw away. for example, tho not pictured here, i have this bottle that used to have green tea with a cute rilakkuma wrapper on my desk. also a lychee ramune bottle someone at school gave me one time. other notable members of this bottle/can collection are my two arizona cans, one diet and one classic teal and cherry blossom.

figure 2: again, back when i drank sparkling water a ton i collected the tabs since i had to take off the top of the can anyways if i wanted to put anything in it. it also sort of just became a fun operation id routinely do on all the sparkling water flavors i drank. when i opened a new can, id push down on the tab and then pull it back up, twisting it a little around till they fell off. then id pocket them till i got home from school and put them in the container pictured above; an empty gum container i think i found at school and washed (duh) and repurposed for this

im not sure what to do with all this tho tbh??? i thought about jewelry or something but i dont know cause im not like crafty like that.

figures 3-5: i dont know whats with me always collecting food-related items but i also collect candy wrappers and stuff. theyre scattered around my wall hence the many pictures. (dont worry the chobani yogurt tops are washed)

i collect the chobani tops because i had a streak of buying them at costco and i liked the pictures of fruit a lot because i just love fruit. i collected those strawberry candy wrappers in figure 4 because i love strawberries and even tho i only really like 2 of the 5 flavors of those candies, i love the visual appearance of strawberries so i saved all of them (only 3 pictured here) in figure 5, you can see some more candy wrappers i collected. the hello kitty wrappers were candy given to me from the same person who gave me the ramune, lol.

also, side note, with the discovery of my love of candy wrappers ive developed a way to open wrappers up without harming/taking off the top, side, etc. if you turn it to the back and tear at the base of the small flap in the middle found on most candy wrappers, you can open it from the back without any harm to the design in the front or the edge.

okk sorry for writing up so much. i hope someone finds this interesting tho :4u:

omg the cans of sparkling water as stationary cups is amazing aaahhhh i love it!! how did you cut them on the top - and did you sand it down? it's adorable!! <3

brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2024 @727.66 »

It's great people collect all these different things. One site I remember seeing, but cannot find now, was a hobby site by someone who went around photographing and writing about British telephone and post boxes. I can't find that, but it looked a little like the pages written by and for a Junior School That's a school for 7 to 11 year olds, about the same as elementary school ages in the US.

An old girlfriend of mine collected crochet hooks. How boring! But the older ones were very ornate and made from bone or glass.

Something else from my own collection is this 1924 large-scale town atlas. Some time in its past, someone ruined the cover by trying to keep it together with duct tape. When I got it home, I had to wrap it in plastic and silica gel then put it into the freezer for a couple of weeks because there were creepy-crawlies living in it! Ugh.

* th-atlas-1924-095105-600.jpg (469.19 kB, 600x450 - viewed 4 times.)
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2024 @770.25 »

I collect books, for one, but those are scattered around my family's house so I don't have photos. I need to weed them out anyhow. I have maybe two hundred so far, according to my book catalogue spreadsheet, which needs to be updated.

Besides that, I have a modest iPod collection: a 5th generation nano (my main iPod), as well as a 6th and a 2nd generation nano. (I also have a touch I used to use every day relegated to my technology cabinet.) Here's a little family photo below!

I also have some CDs and a few k-pop albums. I plan to weed through my CDs and books when I move out in a few months and get rid of a good amount, and take my favourites with me.

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2024 @659.16 »

i broke my phone so now i only take pics with this really good camera my mom bought and never used . anyways u+pdated collection and memeory refresher

from left to right: toby: clown souplé gave birth to him. i dont know why or how my clowns keep giving birth either capiche? (he/him); unnamed clown baby: i blinked and it was there. i dont know where it comes from. help me (it/its); mr. f 2: part of one pair of twins i met at a flea market, they pay 5 cents a month to live here. they wont tell me their real name. or breed. but i suspect he may be a circus/jester mix. (he/they); thumbellina: mr. f 2 gave birth to her one day its insane. i love her (she/her); mr. f 1: the other half of the twins. not much to add (they/them); Clown Souplé - french party clown tourist who’s here to sightsee :^) he’s a simple man. i mean clown. he gave birth to toby (he/him) ;  Alberto Manuel Soares - hobo clown i rescued from an antique store where they exploited her with unfair working condituons (she/he);

dekopon
Newbie ⚓︎

dreaming in a dream

StatusCafe: faegarden333
iMood: faegarden333

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2024 @733.36 »

omg the cans of sparkling water as stationary cups is amazing aaahhhh i love it!! how did you cut them on the top - and did you sand it down? it's adorable!! <3

thank you! my process is that i cut them down by using just simple 2 craft scissors, one regular sized i guess (like elementary school craft size) for most of it and one relatively smaller pair for details/cleaning up. I make cuts from the like drinking hole (???) and to the rim of the can. then, when i get to the edge, i start cutting following the perimeter to create flaps. this is sometimes hard cause the top is a circle (duh) and its hard to curve my scissors at the correct angle lol. then, like as if using tweezers, i just kind of tug up and down at the now open flap till it falls out (using the scissors). then id use the smaller scissors to clean up the edge and jagged bits.

i dont sand them down cause i dont really have the tools for that. the tops of my cans range from being relatively clean to being jaggedy because of how i got better each time as well as depending how lazy i was and the can itself. some cans would be easier and some tops would have like dips near the rim which made it difficult to cut, if that makes sense :ha:

thats kind of the process. this usually took like 15 minutes. i dont really reccomend this method cause not only does it make my handscramp, the resulting trash is a lot of tiny aluminum shards that can be a mess and you can step on easily if you dont dispose of it properly. also i got many cuts from the metal lol, but that might just my uncarefulness.

sorry i took so long to answer btw JAJAJ

:transport:
nintendowii99
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: @pawprints

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2024 @160.64 »

I collect pretty much anything 2000s and early 2010s. Right now, my biggest subcollections within that are my wii collection (I have lots of stuff new-in-box on display, and of course my wii and tons of games), my VHS collection, my build a bear collection, and my MLP collection (mainly G3). Some of my favorites, though, are the more obscure bits... my box of "Millenios," my baby CRT Tvs that are scattered around, my Crayola CRT, and my ikea spoka collection.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi