Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @160.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 840.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  do u leave ur house often?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: do u leave ur house often?
yes, i barely live in my home   -2 (2%)
daily   -37 (37.4%)
a few times a week   -32 (32.3%)
i stay inside all the time   -10 (10.1%)
i leave rarely, only at times for fresh air   -18 (18.2%)
Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: do u leave ur house often?  (Read 3700 times)
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2024 @152.06 »

I've already rambled about how I live in the middle of nowhere and how that's killed my social life on a different thread, so I won't give you that sob story already. I pretty much only go out once a month to get groceries, but sometimes I'll be able to go to my local theater if they're playing something I'm actually interested in.

rhenn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rhenn

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2024 @156.85 »

I typically leave the house every weekday for uni/work! That said I'd like to get out more for social/exercise stuff; It's usually the case that I'm either too tired from work or have to catch up on chores to leave in my free time though  :ohdear: need some better time-management strategies lol.

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2024 @176.22 »

living in a city is nice because there's always something going on where I can leave the house. i feel like living like that is kind of a luxury, at least in my opinion.

kingdomcome
Newbie ⚓︎

Has been to the year 3000

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2024 @511.77 »

I voted "rarely" because there wasn't a "couple times a month" option. For the same reasons others have stated here: lack of walkability & money. Where I live is not walkable at all.

It's not for a lack of wanting to leave my house! I daydream about being able to get groceries on my own & go on walks. I just don't have the conditions required to do so.

he/him more abt me
Super Duper Lobotomite
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2024 @945.84 »

For me, living in the suburbs has made going out on my own terms intolerable. Everything has to have a road to it. Man, I just want to walk around in peace! It's worth mentioning that I feel anxious tenfold while outside like I'm being constantly watched. Not a nice feeling. I hope to overcome this since I really want to take my bike out for a spin.
di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2024 @19.13 »

Yes, because I have work, and even when I don't work I like to get some fresh air by perhaps going to a park, or taking a walk around the block, or running an errand.

I feel for everyone saying they don't go out because they live in suburbia or there's a lot of roads. A lot of people feel this way. Plus, in these sort of areas, there is often a lack of chill and non-corporate third places.

Yaya

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2024 @660.84 »

Yes! I usually leave my apt. probably around 1-2x/day though sometimes there is a day or two where I stay inside as a form of healthy alone time (as opposed to unhealthy depression nesting which I try to avoid). My therapist is encouraging me to do daily walks in the morning and it's really helped! In general, I try to give myself one "event" per day (social, errand, etc...) which gets me out of the apt. My last job was remote so I think that's what kept me inside a lot but now I'm outside a lot more. I like it! But the balance is hard to strike cause solo time at home is lovely too  :sleep:
Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2024 @784.19 »

Pretty often between weekday work and taking my dog out for daily walks, then your average "out of house" things like shopping, visiting people, etc. I wish I had more time to rest at home :sleep:

halcybutton
Casual Poster ⚓︎

it/ey/he

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: halcybutton
iMood: halcybutton
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2024 @859.04 »

i leave the house for appointments and work, but that's really it barring the weekly DND session. i'd go out more, but i have severe anxiety and no license yet :ohdear:

HALCYON 
it/he/ey - EST
moonunions
Casual Poster ⚓︎

ヽ(・∀・)ノ yippiiiieeee

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Still knowing about Clippy in 2024Joined 2024!
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2024 @801.03 »

not reeeeally :tnt: it doesn't help that i work from home and have issues with overstimulation/social anxiety. my partner has to practically drag me outside to do grocery runs haha. usually i have to prepare myself in advance, like setting a specific day/time to do a thing so i'm not blindsided by a random event happening when i fully expected to have my normal daily routine.

tungl" border="0

please feed beefsteak, he hungers ➭ feed beefsteak!
xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I wonder whats for DINNER

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Tin WhistleJoined 2024!
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2024 @610.16 »

Go outside? Gross no  :tongue:. I only ever go out if there's a big required work meeting (not fun!) or if I'm going to a convention (fun!)

As much as I hate my job; I'm sure glad it's remote; I don't know what I'd do otherwise  :ohdear:
Absentmind
Full Member ⚓︎

Hanging out, havin' a punt

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Smashing Pumpkins Live June 2024 !First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2024 @443.75 »

Everyday! If I didn't have an office job I'd be outside all the time. I love nature walks and urban exploring. There used to be a time where I would spend all day inside and not go out because I thought I hated it. It made me so miserable! so I'm out as much as I can.  :ok:

If you are able to, immerse yourself in nature more! Your soul will thank you :melon:

To quote Kurt Cobain - "In the sun, I feel as one"  :4u: 

invader_gvim
Casual Poster ⚓︎

My husband kept loving me when I became a girl.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sent On Earth By The Almighty TallestJoined 2024!
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2024 @35.58 »

When I lived in more walkable areas (and also had more friends in the area) I would be out of the house pretty much every day just to walk around at least. Now I'm much more of a shut-in haha, though I wish that wasn't the case.

YES :mark:  :mark:  :mark:

Sometimes it is so easy for me to fall into elitism because I'm always outside doing something, and I walk everywhere instead of driving. But then I get some humility and realize that the only reason either is true is because I am living in a nice flat area with lots of sidewalks. If I lived in the hills again, then things would be way harder.  :sad:

I think that we all need to go outside, even if its to walk in nature. We all must have the fulfillment we need from moving our bodies. It gives us the strength to give the world our best selves.  :transport:  :transport:  :transport:

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2024 @304.54 »

Nice try Mr FBI !  :tongue:

Joke aside, yeah, fresh air is good for both physical and mental health. I love going into the woods or forest on my spare time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

yet another link search (Dress up and house customisation games)

Started by SilkSkullBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 11
Views: 1460
Last post November 15, 2022 @694.19
by MeowChirp
DEEP HOUSE

Started by OppositekeithBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 3
Views: 921
Last post January 09, 2023 @715.14
by Cir_Europa
What aspects of the old web should we leave behind?

Started by BedeBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 28
Views: 2618
Last post December 30, 2023 @834.16
by Absentmind

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi