Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @576.67
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 424.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  do u leave ur house often?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print Embed
Poll
Question: do u leave ur house often?
yes, i barely live in my home   -4 (2.6%)
daily   -61 (39.4%)
a few times a week   -49 (31.6%)
i stay inside all the time   -18 (11.6%)
i leave rarely, only at times for fresh air   -23 (14.8%)
Total Members Voted: 140

Author Topic: do u leave ur house often?  (Read 22207 times)
AY38910
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Chips in England usually go with fish FYI
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: AY38910

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #45 on: Summer, 17 Aug 2025 @419 » Embed

If I'm on holiday, only if my parents force to.
Every other time, daily, because I have things to do.

Logged

This post contains Totally™ no viruses (trust me bro)

http://www.am-i-dumb.com/images/stamps/7-1.gif
The Dumb Test
Memory
Guest

« Reply #46 on: Summer, 20 Aug 2025 @030 » Embed

I used to go out every chance i would get. Most of what i did when i went out was skateboarding or going to the two public libraries that were close to my house which were really easy to take the bus to or even walk to. Many days i was gone from the afternoon to late evening.

alot happened to me in the last 3 years and I haven't been able to leave the house for longer than 5 minutes for almost 6 months, I cant even go out for groceries or on a walk without getting anxious.

My parents cant seem to comprehend that i have anxiety so they just think they can "fix it" by practically dragging me out of the house for trips which just makes things worse honestly :cry:.


« Last Edit: Summer, 20 Aug 2025 @187 by ⋆Spicy_vinta⋆ » Logged
candycanearter07
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


i like slimes
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!it's tbhchansey!Goomy, I Choose You!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy Cane
« Reply #47 on: Summer, 23 Aug 2025 @303 » Toggle Font Embed

Not at all, I only leave the house if I have something to do, and that's usually school or other obligations. I am very bad at finding fun things to do...

Logged

new to oldnet be nice
https://status.cafe/users/candycanearter/badge.png https://abslimeware.neocities.org/assets/images/blinkers/penguins.gif

https://abslimeware.neocities.org/assets/images/blinkers/slimebounce.gif https://card.exophase.com/2/0/268504.png?1727352149

https://i.imgur.com/S1cx8ZZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/7ntZZGM.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/xKIpW2A.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

Artifact Swap: buzzystickerSootBlob Creature
small_cypress
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #48 on: Autumn, 03 Sep 2025 @123 » Embed

I am out every day. I work (teacher) and I just moved to a new progressive city after being in a miserable town where all my friends had moved away. The weather is better and there is a ton to explore and free things to do.

I have lived here in the past and had seasonal affective disorder in the winter, so I don't know how my interests will change when it gets cold and the city is not as new and exciting any more.

I do have periods where I get overwhelmed and depressed by my country and future for my work/job. It becomes hard to leave the house, but when I do I feel relieved. My nervous system needs people for co-regulation. I know I'm the oddball here!

Logged

https://smallcypress.neocities.org/images/smallcypress.png
Aurpheus
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Aurpheus

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #49 on: Autumn, 22 Oct 2025 @558 » Toggle Font Embed

Personnally outside of my work as a developer I've tried to be outside as much as possible for like 6 months ?
I feel like it helped me a lot with talking to people and stuff and also it feels good most of the time to talk to people outside of work context and stuff !
It does help that it's mostly fun things like playing some trading card games with the boys and practicing baseball and other stuff as well. Though it gave me wayyy less time for video games and computer time in general. Not necesseraly the worst thing but still I wish I had more time in life... :/


Logged

Capybara
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


Large rodent
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: capybara

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« Reply #50 on: Autumn, 24 Oct 2025 @768 » Toggle Font Embed

I work 5 days a week, I have to leave the house. Those bills won't pay themselves :P I also need money so I can do fun stuff offline when I'm not at work, since I go to local conventions now and plan to attend LGBT events in the city once a month.

I wasted my young adult life being a NEET due to disability, so I'm really happy I can go out now. The internet became worse and stopped being my lifeline for friends and support after 2010, I wish I took a step back sooner.

Logged

https://capyhaus.neocities.org/img/idk/capyvirusbanner.png
Memory
Guest

« Reply #51 on: Autumn, 25 Oct 2025 @305 » Embed

Unfortunately I am disabled so... I don't do anything besides medical appointments :P it sucks because I really do want to be part of the world it's just not very possible for me.I have a good life online though. That's where I spend most of my time and where I do most of my socialization. I wouldn't trade my internet friends for the world.

Logged
fablefound
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


they/them
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #52 on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2025 @313 » Toggle Font Embed

someday, i'm hoping to more...!
i live outside of the more connected parts of the city, so there's very little transit, and my disabilities make it hard to drive... maybe someday that'll change? otherwise, i'm hoping to move to somewhere with more public transportation someday. in the meantime, i work remotely... i quite like it, though, to be honest.

Logged

neocities
https://64.media.tumblr.com/675eae3dd8a496506c935c06793b245b/tumblr_inline_p7syo7z5iN1rw5v7g_75sq.pnja laugh can be a very powerful thing. why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have.https://64.media.tumblr.com/8e49c3d785fd9ee0e1d9dbac48ee31f1/tumblr_inline_p7syo8AjMX1rw5v7g_75sq.pnj
https://web.archive.org/web/20090728050500/http://www.geocities.com/john_jessica/Barfairymagic.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03416b0ebb68bed78f1a3ab1f7a1849e/338d8dd360da2e72-ad/s1280x1920/2899a20f67237800ced2832b9474a853a22a2756.jpg
NoxidKin
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


Hey please check out my blog! :)
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #53 on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2025 @392 » Embed

I work 4 days a week, and I got out to the shops as needed.

Sometimes I visit other people's flats, usually for bad habits.  Occasionally, rarely, we'll take a walk instead.

I visit my dad once a week for most of the day (also smoking and drinking).

I go to karate class twice a week, and occasional social events with them.

So, yeah, I'm out quite alot.  I often prefer it because being in my flat often makes me feel guilty for not being productive.



     *     oOo
.:..;..:;..:..:.:.:...:.



I made this garden.  Touch grass!  :D

Logged

https://noxid-kin.neocities.org/images/buttons/NoxidButton.gif
windit
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


*~ God is Change, Shape God ~*
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: windit

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!First gift adopt!Joined 2025!
« Reply #54 on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2025 @435 » Embed

Yes but I am trying to leave it less, weirdly!

I have long-covid, which took me a long time to accept and so I overdid it for many months, so I'm having to learn to 'pace' myself by resting and doing less. I find that incredibly hard. But -

I'm lucky to live in a suburb surrounded by beautiful native bush / forests, so I take my cute dog out for a bush walk two times a day. Lots of days that's my only trip out of the house, which is a good thing! Most of my friends live in the city but I'm trying to learn to save up my energy and only do one trip in on the weekend. I also have a best friend who lives by the beach, and another an hour north of me, and I used to drive to visit them every-other-week, but I'm learning to do that less and to find other ways to stay connected while staying at home.

I really like having autonomy and feeling in control of my own destiny so being house-bound is messing with my sense of self. SO I'm learning to frame it as a choice, and trying to make my house as cosy as possible.

Today I had a hard health day so I am in bed with a hot water bottle and a cup of tea and a candle and some incense lit and a weighted blanket, and am feeling grateful for my house x

Logged


Artifact Swap: Remember?WingMech MailLucky Cat Companion +10 Dmg +5 luck +5 StealthNot flatAqua CreatureCreampuffCool Doggo
dark_angel93
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #55 on: Winter, 21 Dec 2025 @212 » Embed

I would say now - yes I leave more often. There are time periods when I am really active and need to be somewhere or I thing I need be travelling more so I travel a lot wven like inside-city tourism where I just explore city - but honestly, I dont feel so much happier when I am leaving the house all the time. Travelling outside just a distraction and experience hunt - necessary sometimes but nothing wrong for being a homebody too

Logged
404scum
Newbie
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room

« Reply #56 on: Winter, 08 Jan 2026 @132 » Embed

i only go outside to work 2 days a week. other den that im on my laptop 24/7. there isnt anything worth going out there for. even saying hi to other people at work fills me wif dread :drat:

Logged
Memory
Guest

« Reply #57 on: Winter, 08 Jan 2026 @882 » Embed

I have to go to work 5 times a week. I used to go foraging in the forest but 2 people unrelated to the attacker got murdered there 3 years ago (now I'm too scared to go), and I used to go sit at the lake to watch the nutrias and waterbirds but they recently built a playground around it so now there is a much higher chance of encountering a person...
Through my entire life these were the only 2 reasons I'd ever go outside for anything other than school/work/shopping, so it made me a bit sad to have them turn from fun to needless stress.

Well, I also like gardening and taking care of my chickens, but I count that as part of my home and not "outside"  :smile:

« Last Edit: Winter, 08 Jan 2026 @885 by StrChicken » Logged
Snow
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


❄❄❄❄❄❄
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #58 on: Spring, 04 Apr 2026 @654 » Embed

I pretty much only leave my house to report to my job five days a week. Aside from that, no, I rarely leave my house. I typically spend the whole weekend cooped up indoors. I might go for an evening walk every once in a while, which can be nice, and I think I should try and do that more often so long as the weather isn't too harsh.

Logged
lakes
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #59 on: Spring, 05 Apr 2026 @147 » Embed

i normally leave like once a week
i'm trying to leave the house more tho
i'm thinking taking more walks and going to the park again

Logged

https://i.ibb.co/gbj9yhcZ/userbar-1.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/C3KKzjyx/Computeruser.png
https://i.ibb.co/zhKYtXts/Librebar-X.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/b5mC7H6H/DVDUser.png
https://i.ibb.co/GfCkM0g1/soulseekuserbar.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/0jRYyw7R/Trash-User.png
https://i.ibb.co/gLNfFjqc/098.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/QjqVW8xT/xfceuserbar.png
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe