Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @453.92 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 66/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What's your sense of fashion?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What's your sense of fashion?  (Read 1004 times)
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: September 17, 2023 @716.00 »

How would you describe your fashion sense? I'm really interested in how different people choose to dress and I think it can say a lot about somebody.

My fashion sense is kind of a weird mishmash. I love going to the thrift store, where I find a bunch of cute, colourful blouses, sweaters, etc., and occasionally those fun colourful skinny jeans that were popular for a while in the late 2000s and early 2010s. Most of my tops these days are either thrifted or a gift from someone else---new tops, I find, are pretty ugly and/or boring. Really, the only clothes I buy new anymore are shoes, socks and non-colourful jeans. (I can't find many new colourful jeans, besides some dark barely-purple ones at JC Penney's.) I also especially love 90s and some 2000s trends, like those oversized sweaters, often with cute patterns on them, or puffy colourful vests from the 90s, or colourful athleisure-type clothes that were all the rage, especially in k-pop, in the late 2000s. But in short, I really love fun, colourful, everyday clothes.

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

Bart of the Clown Lands
Casual Poster ⚓︎

stinker

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023 @493.30 »

Thrift shops FTW! I too love colorful, extravagant clothes instead of these greige insta style things...Like it's so boring, i prefer to sleep in these...
Ironically though my fashion sense nowdays comes down to simple "huge potato sack with tiny pinch of something colorful or goth"... partly because of financical issues partly it's fear(i live in not good place so it's easy to attract weirdos by simply dressing differently)
But if i could i would go feral and mix vintage stuff with Balenciaga type goth. Or whatever people in VTM:Bloodlines had + some laces...Yah
fatgrrlz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

She/They Girl-thing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023 @712.84 »

I’ve been thinking about this lately. I have a very basic sense of style when it comes to what I actually wear - lots of plain black jeans and simple tops. I’d like to do more, but being both fat and weirdly shaped means fun options that look good on me and won’t break the bank can be rather limited :/ I don’t really go out much so much of what I own is either workwear or loungewear.

I do love button-ups with fun prints, though! I own a couple fun Carmico shirts (loveee their mushroom shirts) but I stopped buying from them as they switched fabrics and the one shirt I got post-change was not nearly as comfortable and doesn’t stretch like the old ones do. I’m also just not a fan of their new stuff aesthetically - I loved their fun yet quirky floral prints (and their newest drop, while very cute, is also very not for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). I do know Morning Witch and a few other shops still hit that same niche.

I also used to wear a lot of plain mock necks as a) it made dressing for work (at the job I was at it was business casual, no jeans) very simple, just throw a shirt and some pants on and we’re done and b) I get really uncomfortable when a lot of my chest shows. As nice as it felt, people would assume I was some kind of religious weirdo… like, nooooo, it’s literally just a sensory thing! :tongue: I do like layering them with the fun shirts though :)

arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023 @437.94 »

Ohhh this is a fun question! I'd say my fashion sense isn't the boldest, mostly just t-shirts and baggy jeans with a wallet chain. Most of my clothes are either bought at charity shops or handed down to me by my dad, so my whole style is about 20 years behind everyone else's :P If I had to assign a certain subculture to it, I'd say it's comparable to whatever Tom DeLonge looked like when Blink-182 were popular? Though I'm not as tall as him, so it probably looks a bit different on me.

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023 @448.38 »

Comfy/Anime? I wear mostly sweatpants and anime graphic t-shirts. It's not often I feel the want or need to dress up more than that. Maybe street wear? A lot of cropped hoodies (you know the extra short ones that are basically just sleeves?) hats, big sneakers. I heavily prioritise my comfort over anything else, and wear a mix of black, white, and beige most of the time.

I've had a really difficult time when dressing myself though, in that a lot of the clothes that suit my body type are tight. I think I look good in them, but I hate drawing attention to myself for various reasons so I tend to stick with extra oversized items just so I feel safe :D.
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2023 @56.22 »

Comfy I guess? I like plaid flannels, hoodies, plain t-shirts, comfy pants, and floral leggings for the most part. Sometimes I call myself a tomboy femme lol, but beyond that I wouldn't identify my fashion sense with any specific subculture.
cuplike
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2023 @184.85 »

basically just hoodies (if its cold enough) for now i just care about being comfy. but eventually i wanna wear cute stuff  :blush:

read on how i ran a minecraft server on 17 year old cpu: https://mlijeko.me/blog/oldcpu
floral-tears
Newbie ⚓︎

iMood: FloralTears

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2023 @239.72 »

Casual + Comfy. My go-to uniform is Hoodie, Tank top, and shorts or jeans. I used to dress nicer, that fell to the wayside. A lot of my current clothing is stretched out orfalling apart, so I want to focus on purchasing nice, high quality items as often as I can. I'd like to make my style more simple/classic, but with the occasional statement piece.

Also, my sister pokes fun at me a lot for wearing long sleeves and shorts, but is that so weird  :tnt: ? It doesn't seem any different than wearing long pants and a short-sleeved shirt to me!

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2023 @274.80 »

I'm very much a baby bat for now, but I'm definitely goth. Naturally, I own a lot of black, but I also like wearing a lot of purple to go with it. My favorite things to wear are big ass t-shirts with designs on them (which are usually horror-themed), jeans, and necklaces. A lot of my necklaces have some kind of gothic charm attached (a crow skull, crosses, a hanging bat, etc.), but not all of them are like that. I have this necklace with a real amethyst attached to it that goes really well with the purple I already mentioned.

cuplike
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2023 @548.91 »

Also, my sister pokes fun at me a lot for wearing long sleeves and shorts,

hoodies are definitely my comfort clothing too, sometimes i wear them in summer too, but i usually get too hot and have to take it off. the most annoying thing is that i feel naked in short sleeves, i can "feel" the air on my hands and i haaaaaate that but i also can't let myself overheat lol

read on how i ran a minecraft server on 17 year old cpu: https://mlijeko.me/blog/oldcpu
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2023 @595.88 »

I have basically somewhat of a personal uniform for daily use - black leggings, winered top, or black top. This is like my default, or how cartoon characters always wear the same outfit :grin:

If I feel special or dress up, I dress in pink.

I soon want to expand my wardrobe with more techwear stuff. Hopefully selfmade.
I like the look of all black, minimalist backpack, chains, big pockets, loose suspenders, zippers, mask, and sneakers/boots in bulbous weird shapes (like Demonias or Anthony Wang). I like how it plays with contorting the figure a bit into unrealistic shapes - thin calves while being wide and bulky up top, or wide legs and hips but tiny waist due to mixing and matching to cuts, shapes, skintight and loose wear.
Bonus if you are programming an Arduino board for some LED effects, my girlfriend does that for her Star Wars armor. But that might be a bit much for the daily commute and the office...

I won't lie, the difficulty lies in mastering this look without coming off as a wannabe soldier or neonazi, but I'm going to watch out for that.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Thorn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2023 @438.89 »

I'd say my look is a mix of emo and punk fashion most of the time, though I tend to incorporate a lot of styles into it at different times, ranging from adding some goth elements to decora aspects if it works with an outfit. My wardrobe is mostly band tees, shirts from events I went to, flannels, knit sweaters, hoodies, and a handful of anime tees, with black or dark blue jeans. I have a lot of hoodies and sweatshirts that I've managed to keep in good condition over the years, and I also have a denim battle jacket decked out with pins and patches and spikes. I do have some cute dresses but I don't wear those as often just for practical reasons, as usually I'm biking places and half the time when I'm at work or school I'm in a lab. I'm a huge fan of pairing shorts with leggings since that's definitely a look and it's lab safe. I have a regular pair of black sneakers that are pretty heavy duty and slip resistant that I wear most of the time, but I do have some nice black boots for some occasions. I tend to use a lot of jewelry like chokers and belt chains and earrings in my looks, and when I do makeup I tend to go for a heavy look with graphic eyeliner, usually some blended colors in the eyeshadow, and black lipstick.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023 @444.55 by Thorn » Logged

OwO Like a scientist
UwU like a punk
>w< like an anarchist
bingus_baby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2023 @548.30 »

If it was up to me, I'd dress in frilly dresses, cosplay, and cute clothes every day. I foam at the mouth seeing jirai kei outfits online!

Unfortunately, reality is a thing. If you saw me on the streets, I'd most likely be wearing a graphic shirt and jeans, and probably flip flops. Sometimes I'll dress nice, but generally I go with whatever is easy, isn't flashy, and that I don't have to think about.

There are two wolves inside of me, one is emo and doesn't want to be perceived, and the other is frilly and wants to feel cute. It's an uphill battle ;v;

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2023 @871.33 »

Over my youth, I loved to walk around like a bum D:.
I did so well that I got sometimes offers for places to spend the night.

Meanwhile, I attracted a more social accepted style, but I still prefer it heavily torn, a bit fucked up, and bad shaved.

Didsy
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2023 @585.67 »

Back when I used to use forums, I was heavily in to the Goth scene in the UK. I reluctantly dropped that in my 20's and began to embrace casual rave wear stuff like cyberdog-etc.
It was about this time that Vaporwave fashion started to pop up online, and this seemed like something I've really desired for a long time.
In my late 20 and early 30's, I visited South Korea and Japan, and the fashion over the is incredible. There are a lot of Vaporwave influences in harajuku fashion. Korean seemed to have taken the Harajuku/Vaporwave crossover and distilled it down to it's rawest and purest form. Some of the independent street vendors in Hongdae, Seoul were real pioneers in 2017. I wonder if they've moved on from that now?

Anyway, I was inspired to start my own vaporwave clothing brand. Though I saw some mild success on Etsy, I am currently in the process of opening a shopify store. My clothing is definitely something I would wear myself, but would probably exist in the middle of the "loud" section of my wardrobe. I'm hoping that after I get the admin for my site finally sorted, I can focus on developing some really loud garms.

Brand new here. Will likely mess around with sigs at a later date.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Web design is fashion design ?? Your thoughts on self expression online?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 2352
Last post August 31, 2023 @620.49
by technomage
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3229
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
Fashion Page

Started by dotmidiBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 2
Views: 552
Last post December 08, 2022 @801.60
by wodaro

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi