Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 02, 2024 - @504.85 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  how do you say goodbye to your art?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: how do you say goodbye to your art?  (Read 406 times)
j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: December 24, 2023 @70.13 »

when you say goodbye to your art, how do you do it?

do you treat art that you've discarded because your house it too cluttered differently to the art you remove from your website because it doesn't reflect what your creations stand for now?

i'll start: paper is one of my less-temporary mediums which i use often. i like to fashion what i write into scrolls that are tied with a string and sometimes sealed with a wax stamp. when discarding these, i burn them because the heat and smoke that protrudes from the end - much like a cigarette! - is mesmerizing.

i go by j, she/they :)
zawieja
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023 @594.50 »

Having a little ceremony sounds nice, but I've never even thought about anything like that... I guess it just means that I'm not that attached to my art? Some old traditional pieces I discard just make me think "those were some fun times but it's time to move on!".
And a few times I asked friends if they want to take them since they find it awful that I just throw my own art out; and they did so I don't have to worry that it's a waste or something :ha:

─── °∘❉∘° ───
Do I need virtual pets when I have so many gifs of my favorite original character?

─── °∘❉∘° ───
night-at-the-musian
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rule 1: Throw the bone!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2023 @745.74 »

Some of my art was made via commission, and I say a proper goodbye when I seal the packaging. I do a KonMari thing, literally saying "thank you" to the work. For personal work, I say goodbye in a similar way to j - I burn it! Gives that part of my artistic journey a viking funeral. I burned all my art made before 2015, but unlike John Baldessari, I didn't get to bake them into cookies.

Tiny Roman Appreciator

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

NEW PLASTIC TREE 5.29 !!!!1!!!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023 @82.04 »

this is a really cool concept that I'll have to explore going forward. up until now i've made or pasted all of my art into my sketchbooks, which are a good chronological view of my life from 2016 on.
But now and then i have pieces i toss in the trash if i just don't have space. i already have something like a ceremony for my new/finished sketchbooks, so this sounds like a cool addition. :omg: :grin:

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2023 @567.77 »

I have drawings that are 20 and 30 years old still laying around XD

Well, idk really. I mostly just draw on normal paper, and if I like it, I keep it, if not, I just throw it away. In the end, I usually just keep anything I found to be well made, or at the very least a little bit interesting to keep, even if it's a bit ugly or something. But then again, I am a little bit of a hoarder, haha. I keep most stuff in boxes and stuff tho, and the boxes stashed away, so the space itself isn't a problem for me. At some point tho I will probably throw away more of it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3308
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1835
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra
sleepyXTRA - Inside The Mind of The Lo-Fi Artist - released FREE!

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 0
Views: 1232
Last post January 21, 2022 @429.43
by ellievoyyd

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi