Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @100.94 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 19/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 900.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  What social media do you use?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Poll
Question: What social media do you use?
Facebook
Instagram
TikTok
X (Twitter)
Reddit
Tumblr
Pinterest
Other (please share!)
None

Author Topic: What social media do you use?  (Read 4072 times)
malice
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Perfect Weather For Some Tea And Making ArtFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2024 @960.03 »

i just got rid of my twitter and instagram today, but i still use tumblr, spacehey, and discord :)

any/all + ev/eva ae/aer
maple

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2024 @606.47 »

For me, I choose "other" I'm not too into the new social media like twitter (I refuse to call it X), I'm more into the social media web revival scene, I'm on spacehey (I love the site) And other more common day social media classic revivals like Bwitter, or Off--Line.

PS: Here is my spacehey profile https://spacehey.com/maplelord
DiamondPetals
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2024 @346.56 »

- Facebook: I use it to check on groups I'm in
- Instagram: Very personal, I use it to post my music playlist and look at others' music posts
- TikTok: I don't post anything, just using it to watch stuff (not too much though cuz it can really rot your brain!)
- Twitter (X): I use it to check current news, or the news that I care about...
- Reddit: to ask if I have any questions about a certain topic
- Tumblr: I use it as my personal blog
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024 @383.29 »

Facebook: I use it just to check like, opening hours for stores and a few groups.
Instagram: Looking at stuff, sending stuff to friend groups lol
Twitter/X: Used it very actively for many years, shitposting like crazy, pretty much daily. Stopped in August 2023 cause my friends left.
Reddit: To check updates/info on stuff like games and whatnot. Sometimes for troubleshooting.
Tumblr: Use it as my deranged picture diary, lol.

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Happy Birthday 2k24 !bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2024 @74.33 »

The only space I use that could be described as social media is Station on Gemini. It actually feels social and  because it’s limited by Gemini’s protocol, it’s a nice space to just check on now and again, and then go on about your day!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
petrichoran
Jr. Member ⚓︎

they; she; ae; ey; sol; vamp; fae!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

smells like rain and dirtJoined 2024!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2024 @21.74 »

i use pillowfort! i really love it, it's like a combination of tumblr and livejournal. it's user funded, meaning there's no ads. there's also no algorithm - your feed is just every post from people and communities you follow in chronological order - which is a big plus for me. i have a ton of invite codes if anyone wants to try it out [you can make an account for free without one, it just gets you past the waitlist]!!

i am a work of fiction. any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2024 @127.94 »

I mostly use Tumblr. I have other social media but don't really use them at all so they don't count lol. I dont find much joy in social media like I used to so I've been slowly abandoning any social media I have

tenkai_no_perusona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

あたしは暗い旅に出る

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2024 @704.14 »

• Facebook: I still have an account there, but I hate its userbase, its UI and how it works nowadays, hence I mostly do not use it.
  • Instagram: People around me actively use it, which means I have no choice but to be a part of it too, especially considering my job. I don't spend time watching Reels though.
  • TikTok: I mostly use it to follow a few accounts with very niche content. Otherwise, it's far from being a place I regularly visit.
  • Twitter: Unfortunately, the social media I use the most. Even though it's a place that angers me a lot (and things get worse with each passing day), deep inside I do like how it works, and I've been active there for quite a while. I'd lose contact (and a certain exposure which I need for my job) with a good amount of interesting people if I abandoned it.
  • Tumblr: I used to be very active there a few years ago, somewhere around 2015-2018. I don't use it anymore though.
  • Pinterest: I use it for collecting fashion ideas. It's a tool that I'd be able to easily replace nonetheless, and I've been intending to do just that for quite a while.
  • Goodreads: I hate it, but I haven't found a good alternative to it yet, and I do need both its social features and its tracking ones. It also has a terrible UI.
  • RateYourMusic: For all of its flaws, I deeply value RYM. I've stumbled upon both fantastic music and incredible people there.
  • Letterboxd: I like its userbase and its catalog (hence why I'm there), but I don't like how limited its social features are.

BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2024 @756.02 »

• Goodreads: I hate it, but I haven't found a good alternative to it yet, and I do need both its social features and its tracking ones. It also has a terrible UI.
What do you mean with social features that you need? I currently use StoryGraph which isn't as sophisticated as Goodreads but I kinda like that it has just enough.
Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2024 @867.21 »

Tumblr: This is my primary social media. Even though I have several issues with it, I can't help but stick to it. It's the customization, posts having longer lifespans, the general community attitude and the fact that I've already been on it for so long that makes it hard to quit. Not that I particularly want to, I still do like the site!

Discord: I don't know if it really counts, but it's my other go-to.

Instagram: Mostly use this to post art, keep in touch with art friends that don't use other socials and updates from bands. Honestly I really dislike it. Your personal feed is completely redundant because it's not in chronological order, you get posts from people you don't even follow and of course the plethora of ads and reels.

Twitter: I deleted my account a bit before Elon took over because it was very bad for my mental health. It shares a lot of the same problems I have with Instagram, but with more bigots. I'm in a much better place mentally now, so I did remake a few months ago. I only use it to keep up with the Vocaloid community

Spacehey: This site is really cool and I want to use it more, but I've noticed there's a lot of kids on there...I just want to chat with other adults u_u

I also have a cohost, but I've barely touched it OTL

tenkai_no_perusona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

あたしは暗い旅に出る

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2024 @692.77 »

What do you mean with social features that you need? I currently use StoryGraph which isn't as sophisticated as Goodreads but I kinda like that it has just enough.

Never heard about StoryGraph, I'll check it out for sure! It seems to have the exact social features that still keep me using Goodreads.

kzuich
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2024 @142.35 »

I am only active on Reddit as u/kzuich. I used to be on Insta, Xitter, and Discord, but I've long since abandoned those. I use Reddit to answer people's questions about art stuff and occasionally advertise my webcomic, but I only check it infrequently.
Historia-Q
Casual Poster

I'm just a silly comet worm browsing the forums

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2024 @628.00 »

• Twitter (I’m not calling it whatever that muskrat guy calls it now lol): I still use it, but I’m more active on my private account nowadays, and to a lesser extent, the Mimogame account, which I use to tweet devlogs.
  • BlueSky: I feel bad for forgetting that this site exists, but from my experience it’s a lot more lax than Twitter. I mainly use it post Mimogame devlogs alongside my usual Twitter devlogs.
  • Itch.io: Mainly use this playing games and installing things, as well as occasionally posting longer devlogs.
  • YouTube: Aside from watching videos, the only use I have for this site is to upload game footage of Mimogame. For some reason, they have playable games now (at least on mobile, idk about PC though), and I must admit I played some of these, though most of them are hypercasual slop lol. (At least the Classic Cut the Rope game is on here)
  • ToyHouse: Currently using this for character storage, though given the current state of the site and the pisspoor moderation (if there is any at all), I’m leaning on the edge of quitting that site as long as I have everything backed up (Currently I can’t since backing up all images is a pain)
  • Discord: I am most active there. That’s all there is to say.

I have more platforms I use, but I use a lot of these, so that’s all I could list.

Solo dev of Mimosa and the Clocktower. Click on the image above to enter the MATC portal.
Feel free to contact me if it's anything important, but I tend to be busy irl.
Bart of the Clown Lands
Casual Poster ⚓︎

stinker

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2024 @122.44 »

I use SMs mostly to share my WIPs and artworks and currently i really like pillowfort(though it sadly has no grid view that i like), mastodon.art and artfol.
Discord kept for zine conversations and just in case somebody would like to ask something, dont use it much.
Still have xitter acc to keep up with some semi-obscure fandom but want to use it less and less with every day and probably will delete soon.
I do also have spacehey acc but... im not brave enough to initiate conversations and there are kids mostly so i abandoned it :(

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2024 @889.49 »

I don't feel Discord counts as social media, because whilst it can have community groups and servers it's more just a really complex and awesome chat program. But that is all I use. I am in a few communities and servers, but mostly hang out with my friends group in our own server... been hanging out with them in it since 2017.

I don't have TikTok or Facebook or Twitter or any of that - never have.

The closet thing I got to using social media was E-Groups back in the late '90s and early '00s haha

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What is your favourite piece of lost media/One you want found the most?

Started by Kitchen StaffBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 48
Views: 5159
Last post August 28, 2024 @972.95
by Scootarooni
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 41
Views: 4898
Last post August 01, 2024 @945.76
by arsenicCatnip
Can a website be "useless"?

Started by DJoftheCovenBoard ☌ ∙ Melon's Laboratory

Replies: 45
Views: 5418
Last post September 15, 2023 @380.17
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi