Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @155.05 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 845.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects
| | |-+  MelonLand Ads/Banner System

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MelonLand Ads/Banner System  (Read 908 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: January 13, 2024 @774.93 »

:melon:  Community Ads/Banner System  :melon:

Above are some examples of banners I made for the ad/banner system! This is a novelty ads system that will place banner-style ads on your website! (Novelty because there is no payment involved in the ads and no data is collected whatsoever about where they display, who sees them or if they are clicked - its just for fun, to provide cool links, and to poke fun at google ads  :tongue: )

Originally I made this system for use within my own sites, but Id also like to invite people to submit banners for their sites and projects too and maybe we can make a big banner collection! (The community aspect is on hold since it doesn't seem to be very popular :S )

How to put the banners on a site?
It's, very simple you just put a bit of HTML anywhere you want banner(s) to appear and link the script! Everything else will happen automatically, a new banner will be fetched and updated every 25 seconds!

Code
<!-- This will become a melon link banner! -->
<span class="melonLink" data-melon-link-format="400x40"></span>
<!-- This is the melonlink banner script and should go in the <head> or near the end of your page! -->
<script src="https://melonking.net/scripts/melonLinks.js"></script>
(You only need to link to the script once and it should go in your site head or at the end of the body - you can have as many melonLink elements as you want!)

At the moment only the "400x40" format works, this will display banners for melonland sites I manage, when community banners are available change this to "400x40-com" to receive community banners!

How can I submit my own banner??
Easy Just make a banner image that is 400x40 pixels in size, provide a link, and an alt text! You can post it here or PM it to me!  :cheerR:

I will accept one link per site domain. If you have particular projects/tools (like layout generators etc), games or other things you think would make a fun/useful link for people, I'll accept additional banners for those too.

Code?
You can snoop the code linked in the code snippet above to see whats happening on your site to make it work; I have also attached a copy of the server-side code if you are interested in hosting your own banner system (Please note I won't be providing help with this!)

* banners-server-module.js (2.69 kB - downloaded 20 times.)

* 400x40-template.png (2.62 kB, 400x40 - viewed 351 times.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024 @897.51 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
m1k3

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024 @563.73 »

This is great! At first I was like "OH NO ADS!!" but then I realized you've actually come up with anti-ad ads which is brilliant. I've never been a fan of javascript for various reasons but THIS is actually a fun way to use it. Well done!
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024 @739.71 »

I got scared too for a second but glad to see it's just for fun ! I don't know about putting sites since there's already the Surf CLub (who is actually pretty cool !!!) but to each their own, curious to see what will show up  :eyes:
OneMillionFurries
Full Member ⚓︎

Gettin silly with it

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

specimenThanks for being rad!:0 its one million furriesFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024 @942.36 »

Ooh I love this! I always enjoyed when people made these fake ads that linked to fun/personal websites! (I've been meaning to make a navlink ad + put the code on my site)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

GUIDE: How to fix links on a frame site! - MK Frame-Link System

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 9
Views: 9175
Last post March 10, 2024 @777.40
by Salty
My system's doing a con panel on web design, any tips or suggestions?

Started by xX_irkeneonz_XxBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 2
Views: 1390
Last post May 27, 2022 @570.76
by xX_irkeneonz_Xx
MelonLand Wiki

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 12
Views: 3627
Last post August 31, 2024 @852.14
by larvapuppy

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi