Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @404.39 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Are there any game fandoms that are considered "dead" but you still adore?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Are there any game fandoms that are considered "dead" but you still adore?  (Read 1302 times)
Phoenix
Casual Poster

View Profile

mail buddyJoined 2024!
« on: April 16, 2024 @630.93 »

For me, im still a huge fan of undertale and its fan content. The fandom is way smaller than it used to be, but it still exists on some smaller groups. I still love everything that comes from this game and its fans (minus the toxic people lol but every fandom has that sadly)

"My Flames may flicker, but they Shall never die!"
bees
Jr. Member ⚓︎

iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024 @679.54 »

The original Sims, interest in it has pretty much died down. I know of a couple of archive sites but I think most discussion/activity sadly takes place on Facebook groups, ugh.

I've gotten into the original Animal Crossing for GameCube and I wish there would be some active communities for that, it's so fun and charming.

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024 @681.71 »

The Castlevania fandom </3 it's because we haven't gotten a new game since 2008 (apart from spinoffs and adaptations of... dubious quality) but still I'm so invested in the lore and characters... Alas

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024 @786.64 »

The NiGHts into Dreams fandom feels dead but I still adore that series, same as Portal 1&2.

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024 @877.33 »

I'm a diehard "Mighty Max" fan since 1996. I'll still talk about it and ply with the toys when I'll be 100.
Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024 @937.27 »

Oh, there are MANY such cases. I oftentimes don't get into a fandom until after the fandom's died down. I'll be walking up with a game that came out 5 years ago like, "Guys, have you heard of this??"

Examples include Sally Face (which I like, except for when I don't), Smile For Me, Undertale, and Professor Layton. (Though that last one is likely to get a revival with the new game releasing!)

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024 @948.77 »

Oh, there are MANY such cases. I oftentimes don't get into a fandom until after the fandom's died down. I'll be walking up with a game that came out 5 years ago like, "Guys, have you heard of this??"

Examples include Sally Face (which I like, except for when I don't), Smile For Me, Undertale, and Professor Layton. (Though that last one is likely to get a revival with the new game releasing!)

oh my Glob Sally Face is a masterpiece!! Franbow is another underrated masterpiece imo.

Phoenix
Casual Poster

View Profile

mail buddyJoined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024 @617.47 »

The Castlevania fandom </3 it's because we haven't gotten a new game since 2008 (apart from spinoffs and adaptations of... dubious quality) but still I'm so invested in the lore and characters... Alas

Love me a good vampire

Phoenix
Casual Poster

View Profile

mail buddyJoined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024 @618.65 »

The original Sims, interest in it has pretty much died down. I know of a couple of archive sites but I think most discussion/activity sadly takes place on Facebook groups, ugh.

I've gotten into the original Animal Crossing for GameCube and I wish there would be some active communities for that, it's so fun and charming.

Thats a shame :(( I miss widespread games forums instead of everything being singled down to a few social medias

Sorcer
Casual Poster ⚓︎

:)

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024 @18.44 »

ARMS. There's still a tightly-knit group of players, but not much in the way in fan art and such. Really hope for a sequel someday soon-ish.

NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

iMood: NetherFalcon
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024 @53.70 »

I'm not sure if this is considered "dead" but there's one game i'm interested in called Star Fox. The game looks interesting to me and i thought of giving it a try at some point.

One character i like is from that game and her name is.. Krystal i think? though i think it's fandom is pretty dead so please correct me if i am wrong.

Triplets born, the throne awaits...
bees
Jr. Member ⚓︎

iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024 @752.09 »

Thats a shame :(( I miss widespread games forums instead of everything being singled down to a few social medias

Yeah. Some Sims forums (like Mod The Sims) have TS1 sections but they seem mostly dead. As I understand it, there's a couple of TS1 forums that also function as archives for downloads from defunct sites, but apparently there's some kind of drama so it can be hard to get approved? So weird  :ziped:

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024 @780.25 »

I still have a backup of TONS of Sims 1 downloads! :P I play it from time to time.

Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2024 @174.92 »

I just came back from Japan and MAN did I think I'd get some streetpass tags on my 3DS. I got less than 10 after traveling to multiple high population areas of Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto over 2 weeks... I remember the fun days back in the day when I'd get 10 streetpass tags just going to a walk in a mildly populated mall.

I really love the streetpass games (mostly Puzzle Swap and Flower Town). There's something incredibly fun about seeing people's mii and having a little connection with them like that. Not really fond of using play coins for the street pass games as I feel it defeats the purpose, but it definitely seems to be the only way to progress nowadays.

bear
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Funny how words can be so open to interpretation.

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2024 @897.80 »

Magical Starsign! A 2007 DS game by Brownie Brown. It's a sequel to the Japan-only release Magical Vacation. It's such a cute game, but a little too reliant on the DS stylus for me now. The english-speaking fandom has gotten a little bit of a second wind after the creation of the Magical Starsign/Vacation discord and a new wiki, but it's still quite small.

As for games mentioned previously in this thread: I remember enjoying Fran Bow when it came out, I love Smile for Me and got to interview one of the creators recently, and Star Fox: Adventure is one of my guilty pleasures (PUT THAT DOWN!!! YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SCARABS!!!). I also like Undertale, but I think that fandom is far from dead, more just in hibernation until the next Deltarune chapters come out. Oh, and I just popped into a thread about Webkinz Classic, so that should be here too. I love listening to the HORRIBLE songs they make for that game (please listen to Dog on the Front of the Tag)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 2094
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 2039
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 6190
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi