Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @227.33 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  How do you gift other users?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do you gift other users?  (Read 674 times)
BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« on: April 27, 2024 @12.44 »

This might already be on here but I'm curious. So to restate what the title says , how do you gift other users?

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024 @24.73 »

Its in the Managing & Giving Gifts section of the forum usage guide ^^

The quick answer is that if you're a Full Member (100+ posts) when you click on the Gifts tab on someone's profile there is a box to make a new gift for them.

However, it's been pointed out before that the gifts system is not really working very well (no one is giving any gifts  :ohdear: ) so we really should think of a better system and suggestions are welcome!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024 @26.22 »

Its in the Managing & Giving Gifts section of the forum usage guide ^^

The quick answer is that if you're a Full Member (100+ posts) when you click on the Gifts tab on someone's profile there is a box to make a new gift for them.

However, it's been pointed out before that the gifts system is not really working very well (no one is giving any gifts  :ohdear: ) so we really should think of a better system and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks so much !

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024 @37.30 »

FWIW that might be because we didn't know how to do it :ok: I actually didn't know how to gift them until I saw this reply!

OneMillionFurries
Full Member ⚓︎

Gettin silly with it

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!:0 its one million furriesFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024 @62.45 »

FWIW that might be because we didn't know how to do it :ok: I actually didn't know how to gift them until I saw this reply!

This! Now I can't wait to become a full member so that I can gift people!! :ozwomp:

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024 @1.23 »

That explains why I just discovered about it recently ! I gifted a couple of people, it's fun !

BlackMageGaming
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Black Mage HatJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024 @861.02 »

However, it's been pointed out before that the gifts system is not really working very well

Gifts do not appear if the forum theme is Melonland 98, I noticed this when I made my account and thought there was a setting to hide/show them, but it's not there!
My browser lags pretty badly because I don't have hardware acceleration on, so I use Melonland 98 because it runs much better. Is it supposed to be that way? Or will there be a setting to change that in the future?

A real shame since I always loved seeing others gifts on the forum!

* MelonWithGifts.PNG (159.43 kB, 648x813 - viewed 10 times.)

* MelonNoGifts98.PNG (50.61 kB, 619x781 - viewed 11 times.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024 @873.39 by BlackMageGaming » Logged

"The joy of living far outweighs the fear of death."
~ Black Mage #288

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2024 @635.66 »

Is it supposed to be that way? Or will there be a setting to change that in the future?
Yep this was a design choice since the 98 theme tries to remove as many unnecessary animations and gifs as possible to run better on old computers; you can still see gifts if you visit the gifts tab on someone's profile though ^^

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2024 @166.38 »

just saw this thread and am very excited to be able to give gifts soon! I hope they become more widespread!

edit: hit 100! everyone in this thread gets a dancing penguin!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024 @193.70 by wetnoodle » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Holiday Gifts

Started by dotmidiBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 6
Views: 819
Last post January 08, 2023 @853.85
by HayleyMulch
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 57
Views: 7753
Last post May 03, 2024 @343.02
by garystu
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by MemoryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 59
Views: 6450
Last post June 26, 2024 @893.10
by polychrome

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi