Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @495.90 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  TamagIchi - building tamas together

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TamagIchi - building tamas together  (Read 1550 times)
m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: March 20, 2022 @706.08 »

Hi all!

Over the last few weeks I've been having fun building what's essentially a tamagotchi simulator. It's a server where tamagotchis live, sleep, age, etc. It replicates a lot of the Gen 2 functionalities. One connects to the server through a browser and every action happens live.

There is still a lot to be done! I'd love for this project to be collaborative, I know there are some incredibly talented artists around here, so if you ever want to take part, take a look at this page. :smile:

The display is very small with only 32x16 pixels. I've created a simple tool on the above link to make creating tamas / assets simpler.

I'll update you all on how it's progressing! :pc:

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022 @782.44 »

oh yeah another m15o project!! i am very excited for this one! haha. would love to try n make a lil pixel guy! :ha:

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022 @389.33 »

Hiii everyone! :happy: I thought I'd give an update on this one. It's changed quite a lot since the moment I started working on it. It's now live on wobble.town!

I went through many iterations with this project, starting with a much more complex idea: re-create an online tamagotchi that features most of the functionalities of the gen 1 & 2. These are incredible little devices but they require lots of time and attention. Perhaps, a little too much? I didn't want to create something that might induce stress to someone as they go through their day. Or that requires them to stop what they are doing to play with their tama. I wanted something simpler, something calming. So I decided to strip down the idea to one essential thing: feeding the tama at least once every 5 days. If you can't feed it, it's okay, other people can... although the tama might get sad. After a while, the tama grows into different stages (child, teenager, adult...). I've changed the name to Wobble, because it's a funny name, and here we are! Also huuuuge thank you Neonriser for sending drawings! I've used some but not all... yet!

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022 @776.32 »

I love my Wobble!! :loved: :loved: :loved:

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022 @391.63 »

i love that you can customize your wobble's page!! it reminds me a lot of neopet pet pages hehe. anyways i totally didn't stay up late customizing my wobble page or anything.. *cough* :eyes:
anywho i love this project very much!!!! :4u:

Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022 @82.31 »

Hiii everyone! :happy: I thought I'd give an update on this one. It's changed quite a lot since the moment I started working on it. It's now live on wobble.town!

I went through many iterations with this project, starting with a much more complex idea: re-create an online tamagotchi that features most of the functionalities of the gen 1 & 2. These are incredible little devices but they require lots of time and attention. Perhaps, a little too much? I didn't want to create something that might induce stress to someone as they go through their day. Or that requires them to stop what they are doing to play with their tama. I wanted something simpler, something calming. So I decided to strip down the idea to one essential thing: feeding the tama at least once every 5 days. If you can't feed it, it's okay, other people can... although the tama might get sad. After a while, the tama grows into different stages (child, teenager, adult...). I've changed the name to Wobble, because it's a funny name, and here we are! Also huuuuge thank you Neonriser for sending drawings! I've used some but not all... yet!

You’re welcome!

Web design is my passion!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Building my site from the ground up!

Started by DJoftheCovenBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 1145
Last post June 08, 2022 @243.03
by DJoftheCoven
Are we reviving the old web or building something new?

Started by GuestBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 21
Views: 1804
Last post November 22, 2023 @710.44
by virtue
Building my first Neocities site (and feeling giddy about it)

Started by OnioBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 7
Views: 776
Last post February 24, 2023 @562.38
by lime360

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi