Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @387.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum feature requests and Ideas

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print
Author Topic: Forum feature requests and Ideas  (Read 26538 times)
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2024 @716.46 »

We can do more colours! Is there a reason why you are requesting this font? Since it does not seem to be intended for english. We also might be at the limit of fonts for the forum, since they slow things down a tad - we can swap them out, but it might mean removing a less popular font first.
If you click the "news" icon on the left it will swap you into the readability theme. - I'm aware this is not super clear and there have been requests to improve this in the past that are not forgotten ^^ - I might work on a better solution soon!  :4u:

is there a way to make it so it's only the fonts that are forced into something like, well, doesnt matter to me, arial,times new roman etc, lol. I just really want to read more posts, but some fonts are too hard for me to read. I dont want to force others to not use fonts, they should be able to if they wish  :loved:  - but i just cannot read it at all.

I tried the readability theme, but it was just a bit too much for me xD I love the forum colors and overall style.  :chef:

myrrhdoll
Newbie ⚓︎

something's on your shoulder (it's me)

StatusCafe: telltaleheart

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2024 @325.05 »

Are there plans to make Melonland screen responsive, specifically support for mobile viewing? Or does the lack of a mobile responsive screen have something to do with keeping this place small and full of substance?

I greatly appreciate the average quality of posts on this forum but not its web design. Sometimes I like to read on my phone when I'm out and about and nothing particularly interesting is going on, but the experience is difficult.

~ the realest of them all... ~
do what you love!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #257 on: June 02, 2024 @407.11 »

Or does the lack of a mobile responsive screen have something to do with keeping this place small and full of substance?

Neither! The forums main theme is a table theme dating from the early 00s, I doubt it would be possible to make it properly responsive. Modernising would basically require starting over from scratch, so we are kinda grandfathered into what we’ve got.

On mobile, I personally use WAP and the RSS feed to keep up with posts - it’s not perfect but it gets me by  :wizard:

I suppose making do with imperfect things is part of the vibe too  :tongue:

Can this forum software support more granular RSS feeds? I don't expect this site to do what the Discourse forum software can do, but anything more granular than just one big feed for the whole site would be an improvement. I don't want to read literally every post on here. Individual RSS feeds per board and/or per topic would be great.
Done - per board RSS feed links can now be found around the forum!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024 @523.77 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
garystu
Jr. Member ⚓︎

https://picard.ytmnd.com

View Profile WWW

« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2024 @839.65 »

Done - per board RSS feed links can now be found around the forum!

i see it! awesome  :dog: I will add some to my feed now  :mark:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2024 @233.76 by garystu » Logged

gazafunds.com | Daily click for Palestine

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Signature Graphic ^^^ Credits
[close]
xoxoxoxoxoxo

dirtnap

View Profile

« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2024 @394.13 »

would it be possible to use the post censor to strip tracking information from common links? i don't know whether it can make use of regex and if not this might be impossible.

the example that made me bring this up is youtube. a few months ago, they added tracking to links. i'm not quite sure where this is coming from (probably using some kind of "share" button as opposed to copying the url in your browser) but i see youtube links with tracking everywhere now, including on this forum.

the tracking information begins with si= and is an alphanumeric string.

youtube links can carry information after this string (such as the time), so it might be best to match from si= to &, and retain the & after stripping the tracking string.

no js no shoes no problem
emeowly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: emily

View Profile WWW

« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2024 @140.94 »

can i request labels when hovering over the buttons for the theme switcher in the bottom left? previously it was only 1 or 2 options with icons that made it easy to tell what theme i was trying to switch to(newspaper icon for the news theme for example), but the "traffic light" buttons dont have any label or design to tell you what button activates which theme so i find myself clicking through a couple before finding the right button for the news theme

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2024 @904.36 »

Suggested topics bar - it's similar to the "Similar Topics" bar in the writing page except its based on stuff in your "My Interests" section on your profile
For example, the suggested topics script has the tag "Cassette". It sees the word "cassette" in your interests section, it sees "cassette" on a forum topic, so it puts that topic in the suggested topics bar
I think it would help solve the problem of duplicate topics for the same things, or topics dying

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2024 @439.41 »

Minimum word count per post (or letter + symbols). Turn Twitter and SMS upside down.

Was this ever tried out in a message board? In the comment section of Modarchive, there is a minimum length required for comments.

This might address the issue with reactive comments not offering anything to a substantial discussion. Problem: A couple of games on this message would be affected by this as well.
Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Just surfin. Dont mind me!

View Profile WWW

Purple Butterfly - to match your purple avatar!Joined 2024!
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2024 @659.59 »

What about a search bar on the main page that functions similarly to how when you make a post you see similar topics? Maybe have it just be that on the front page, a search bar that shows similar topics? Iounno lol

PfP art by Bunbubbletea on Fiverr
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2024 @990.46 »

search bar on the main page that functions similarly to how when you make a post you see similar topics?
This is a really good idea and I'm trying to figure out how to make it possible ^^

EDIT: Done!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024 @99.49 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2024 @965.09 »

Make the event board stick out a bit more!
One easy step would be to move it up in the subforum-hierarchy again, maybe in the forum hub? I already had the impression that it is overlooked by many, and the first reply here seems to confirm this ;).

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 6057
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3752
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 4325
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi