Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @670.95 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fans!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fans!  (Read 307 times)
OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 12, 2023 @287.92 »

Hello fellow Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fans!! I thought I'd make a little forum thread for us :D

PMD is my most favorite Pokemon spin-off series, and I think I love it even more than the mainline games! I've only ever completed the first two sets of games tho X( I just could never really get into the 3DS ones, despite me having them! I've heard GTI's story is really good though!

I've honestly REALLY been wanting to roleplay some PMD game, tabletop style. But the combo of work and not rly wanting to DM (despite having a lot of ideas! ugh!), having ADHD which causes my interest in things to wax and wane (thus inactivity), plus now working full time! It makes it all so difficult :( Despite all this, I have many thoughts around making a PMD play-by-post forum using the Pokerole ruleset (with some edits from the community to make the old PMD module compatible with the Pokerole 2.0 overhaul)

But with the bunch of rules that Pokerole has, plus the homebrew that contradicts and edits what's there, it'll be a LOT for new players to absorb that may turn them away :( It's a lot of "Ok read from here to here, ignore these bits, replace this with that except for this one bit" and... yeah I can't imagine most people would want to do all that x.x

ANYWAYS. Hypothetical PMD RP headaches aside, what's your favorite game in the PMD series? Mine use to be Blue Rescue Team, but as I replayed both Blue and Sky more, my love and appreciation for Sky, along with it's QOL features definitely had me favoring it more!

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023 @561.85 »

Gates to Infinity was always my favorite, it was my first exposure to Mystery Dungeon and the plot was indeed pretty cool. The whole Glacier Palace area really imprinted a love of icy aesthetics on my young mind, too!  :ozwomp:

I've beaten all of them except for Sky (never could get past Dialga) and the remake one (don't own it, already have the original anyway)

OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023 @622.29 »

Gates to Infinity was always my favorite, it was my first exposure to Mystery Dungeon and the plot was indeed pretty cool. The whole Glacier Palace area really imprinted a love of icy aesthetics on my young mind, too!  :ozwomp:

I've beaten all of them except for Sky (never could get past Dialga) and the remake one (don't own it, already have the original anyway)

Nicee!! Unfortunately I just could never get too into GTI. The slow text speed along with a bunch of ways that it changed from the first two games really put me off. I do really like the custom base part though!! That aspect is REALLY cool! (Also I get to play as my fave Joltik from very early on X3)

CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

iMood: catbyte
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023 @766.15 »

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of my favorite things ever!
my favorite will always be Explorers of Sky, it was the first one i played and also the first video game i fully completed as a kid. i also feel it's very much responsible for helping me learn to read, since when i first picked it up my reading comp. was very bad. it's one of those games where you kind of need to read the dialogue to know what's happening... lol.

i've played every entry except Red Rescue Team. Explorers of Sky still feels the strongest in the series, especially compared to the 3Ds entries which i feel were fun when i played them, but i don't have any desire to replay them. i didn't even finish the switch remake. i'm particularly vocal about my dislike of the switch as a whole though, but it didn't help that i just kinda found it boring in comparison to previous entries.
for me pokemon remakes post hg/ss have all felt like this though. a lot of the heart of the game feels like it's lost in the process of the remake. the only exception i've found to this was the pokemon snap remake.   

meow!
klonpa
Casual Poster ⚓︎

dark cup

StatusCafe: klonpa
iMood: klonpa

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023 @384.25 »

a pmd tabletop rp sounds super fun!!!!!!!! (in theory) (also has adhd and waxing and waning interest XP)
i tried to get into some sort of pmd rp stuff on deviantart as a kid but i never kept up with it  :dive:

my favorite games are easily explorers due to sheer nostalgia bias LOLLLLLLLLLL  :ha:  :ha:
i never got very far and would keep restarting it, but i was always found it fun + was obsessed with the idea of a pokemon world with JUST pokemon... the scenes with the bubbles on the beach + the song that plays there make me cry now :tnt:

i had blue rescue team as well as a kid but i didnt go back to it nearly as much as i came back to my copy of explorers of time

[...] it's very much responsible for helping me learn to read [...]

pmd helped me learn how to read too i think! sort of? i had the ginji's rescue team manga as a kid and have a distinct memory of reading it in my kindergarten classroom (im not famous for my perfect memory though  :dive:)

has anyone here seen the ovas made for rescue team/explorers? theyre up for free (with a border) on the official pokemon youtube channel, i think theyre cute + fun ^_^
my opinions on the ovas growing up are also flip-flopped with my opinions on the games, i always liked the team go-getters rescue team one more than the team pokepals explorers one
i think maybe the pacing + story focus is clearer on the rescue team one? something like that XP

id kill for some sort of full series involving pmd though  :ok: original or adaptation doesnt matter to me, theres lots of story potential even with just the base idea of these games!! (especially if the sheer number of fan webcomics are anything to go by  :dive:  :dive: )

dark cup? thatsthe strongest card in all of duel monstas!!!
GraphiteCore
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Sleepiest thing alive

iMood: GrahpiteCore

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023 @777.81 »

i love mystery dungeon!! i first got into these games through GBA roms on my phone, like 10+ years ago (wow), and i've played them many times ever since, specially the first one's. mostly blue rescue team. i super enjoy the idea of getting to be a pokemon and having a pokemon companion as an equal (* ^ ω ^) <3

over the years, and after i got my first job lol, i got to grow my nintendo collection and bought some NDS, now i have 3 different consoles for 3 generations of DS, yay! it was a huge dream of mine to have them, and i got a few games to go with them too. to my surprise, i managed to get 2 mystery dungeon games!! (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ

i'm not sure which game i would call my favorite, but i guess i like that in explorers of time you have a more meaningful relationship with your buddy. i think it's cute (─‿‿─)♡
i have some drawings i made of me (treecko) and my totodile friend somewhere. we're team buttercup!

Pencil/Graph | they/them | ok with gendered words
mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023 @829.36 »

I LOVE PMD. It has a special place in little me's heart. I'd spend hours drawing gijinkas of my teams, especially my EOS team (Eevee and Vulpix. How original). I still replay the games here and there but I've yet to finish GTI because it feels too slow for me :( hopefully it picks up once I'm out of the intro.

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2023 @5.54 »

I LOVEEE PMD! Explorers of Sky was one of the first video games that I ever owned (along with an Littlest Pet Shop game, haha), because I asked for a Pokemon game. I was excepting a mainline Pokemon game, but I remember being really happy with it! It's still one of the best games I've ever played, to this day. A strong introduction to video games, to say the least.

Like many others, of course, Explorers of Sky is my favorite. The nostalgia paired with the story and lovely graphics and music is unmatched. That said, though, I think the newer games are severely underrated! In particular, I DESPERATELY encourage any fans of the series that hasn't yet to check out Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. I feel like, for a lot of people, Gates to Infinity soured their opinions on 3D PMD games, but PSMD is one of my favorites! I love its story. Plus its difficulty balance is (in my opinion) the best in the franchise.

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

If you had a Pokemon type...

Started by NeonriserBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 38
Views: 3843
Last post December 05, 2023 @137.31
by Fish
What would your life look like in the Pokemon universe?

Started by TAS_1KBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 11
Views: 1836
Last post April 22, 2023 @598.99
by Guest
I found an intresting X-Files Fansite

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 5
Views: 1333
Last post July 10, 2022 @438.16
by myry

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi