Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @901.82 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 88/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What's your favourite mobile game?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What's your favourite mobile game?  (Read 4206 times)
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2024 @679.79 »

Oh, hold on, I haven't participated in this thread yet? A travesty. When I was in middle school, my whole class (well, I exaggerate, mostly boys, but still) was obsessed with this mobile game called Gravity Defied. It's basically this very simplistic game where you're driving on a bike controlling its speed and balance, trying to complete all the different levels and not wipe out. There's multiple difficulty levels and for completing each one you get a more powerful bike (and suddenly having more horsepower entirely screws with your balance strategy lol).

Now, the thing that made it infinitely replayable was the existence of a free level creator. The amount of versions and mods out there was outstanding. And some of them were downright unbeatable, because, like, there weren't any limits or guidelines, you just drew those lines however you wanted and the only way to check if that obstacle was even passable was to launch the game on your phone and try to beat it a 100 times or so.

I distinctly remember making my own version, too. Proud to say that it was, in fact, beatable, as tested by me and my classmates whom I passed the file to. Not proud to say that, if I remember correctly, the color scheme was eye-bleeding-bright, as is the custom when you're a creative teenager in the 00s. Sad to add that there's no way to recover that file now. A pity, I'd like to see it. Betcha the level names were also highly inappropriate ('cause that's cool, right)!  :grin:

The reason I can confidently say that this game is my favorite mobile game is that, well, I still play it. The thing about Gravity Defied is, touch screens kind of killed it. I know there are games with similar premise today, and they are played on smartphones well enough, but I was way too used to playing it on buttons. Good old physical phone keyboard. Never managed to make the switch.

At some point I did manage to find an Android version of the most classic build that someone ported WITH the emulated buttons. The creativity of everyone in the community making their own builds is lost, however.

That being said, I did get myself a fully functioning replica of Sony Ericsson W810i a while back. And the first thing I did upon getting it to work was to install the original GF. Thinking about making my own build again, just for fun - the level creator is still available online all these years later!

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Max_Starlight

I am obsessed with clowns. :o)

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2024 @155.81 »

I've been obsessed with Grim Quest and Grim Tides, two games by the developer Monomyth. They are simple old school style rpgs with a lot of charm.
Another one of my faves is Final Earth 2, by the developer Florian Van Strien. You build and manage space colonies, it starts off simple but grows in complexity as you progress.

I love clowns!!!!! :o)
Phoenix
Casual Poster

View Profile

mail buddyJoined 2024!
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2024 @695.94 »

Atm im big into Clash of Clans!

"My Flames may flicker, but they Shall never die!"
zj
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2024 @862.40 »

I used to spend SO much time playing The Blockheads (by Majic Jungle studios). Man, all those online servers were a blast. I also spent a LOT of time on the forums, it's a big part of my teenhood XD. That's where I came to love forums. I joined in august of 2013, when I was technically not old enough to be there(13), oops! But I was only a few months away anyway. I tried to look at it again when writing this comment, and sadly the forum doesn't seem to be reachable. It's expected, but still sad to have so much of the posts from my youth no longer available. Oh well, at least I can look at it some through the internet archive :')

The game is a sandbox explorer/build-type game, and no longer receiving updates. Still my favourite mobile game after all this time:')

why dontcha have a peek at my site :eyes:
(23 years old)
this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click to feed him :3
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

NEW PLASTIC TREE 5.29 !!!!1!!!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2024 @960.61 »

Mine's Honkai Impact 3rd.
yoo another honkai enjoyer! I haven't played recently but i've been playing for a long time. I play it on pc though, so it doesn't really count as a mobile game for me :ha:

i like to have a puzzle game and a regular old mobile game on my phone. Currently, i have Flow as my puzzle game and i play animal crossing pocket camp as my "regular" game
:)

georgemoody
Jr. Member ⚓︎

To Tux or not to Tux, that is the question

StatusCafe: georgemoody
iMood: georgemoody
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2024 @293.21 »

Mine would be Swordigo, an amazing little Metroidvania game that no one practically talks about nowadays (surprisingly active speedrunning community, as per usual  :ok: ). I don't really play on my phone these days (or in general for that matter)

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1705
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1853
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser
the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4089
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi