Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @324.40 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 55/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  HELP: rss feed reader

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HELP: rss feed reader  (Read 834 times)
tarocchilla
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: August 07, 2022 @851.16 »

Hi!
So i am loving the yesterweb and all, and i would love to have regular updates of my favourite blogs without bookmarking 700 tabs.
RSS feed readers are a great solution for that, however i can't seem to find a good one for me! So if anyone knows one i'll leave what i want from it :3c

• I can syncronize it to the phone so i can't read stuff on the train
  • It works (unfortunatley some feed readers i tried don't work for all feeds, for some reason)
  • It doesen't have premium/pro payment things
  • Doesen't have adds
  • Is not self hosted (as i am the least techy person on earth)

If anyone can help i'd be glad! thanks!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022 @854.50 by tarocchilla » Logged
m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022 @870.37 »

Hi tarocchilla!

It's funny you get to mention that. I'm currently building something like that. I wanted to publish it this weekend but it will have to wait a little more. :smile:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022 @922.25 »

Ooph m15o to the rescue :grin:

Your actually looking for 3 things! A desktop feed reader, a mobile feed reader and a feed aggregator (the thing that collects your feeds and syncs them)

Its true, most feed aggregators are paid these days and while you can self host FreshRSS (Like meeeee) it only makes sense economically if you already have your own web server.

If you use a Mac and an iPhone you can use NetNewsWire and it will sync your feeds over iCloud for free, but thats only good if you are into the Apple ecosystem.

Im surprised more e-mail providers don't also offer feed aggregation :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
tarocchilla
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022 @443.48 »

It's funny you get to mention that. I'm currently building something like that. I wanted to publish it this weekend but it will have to wait a little more. :smile:

m15o you are my saviour!! please keep us updated when you finish :loved:

Your actually looking for 3 things! A desktop feed reader, a mobile feed reader and a feed aggregator (the thing that collects your feeds and syncs them)

I didn't even know i needed all these things! :omg: unfortunatley have no server and no apple products (well...maybe it's not unfortunate to have no apple stuff) but thank you alot!!

Im surprised more e-mail providers don't also offer feed aggregation :omg:

I am kinda surprised too that there are no free options for not-really-tecky people! I think maybe that's the reason it fell out of popularity :eyes: but there are many new things on the way (like fraidyc.at 2 and m15o's project) so i am sure we will go back to use it as a society ^^
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What do you think of web feeds?

Started by m15oBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 3079
Last post December 23, 2021 @737.60
by m15o
RSS Feeds you enjoy reading?

Started by MelooonBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 10
Views: 1844
Last post November 20, 2022 @659.79
by Melooon
Request Tips and Feedback on your site

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 12
Views: 1815
Last post August 07, 2022 @475.80
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi