Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @986.04 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What game would you want to be remastered?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: What game would you want to be remastered?  (Read 3008 times)
thesolitarygamer
Jr. Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023 @238.62 »

Definitely Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. I feel like its one of those games where I am the only person on the planet that still cares about it, despite the fact that I've never owned a GBA and I played it on a sketchy browser emulator. I just really like the idea of Kirby in a Metroid-vania game.

Honorable mention to Sonic Adventure 2, but if I'm being completely honest I only really care about the Chao Garden.

Edit: I forgot about Kirby Air Ride how could I forget about Kirby Air Ride.

God I would kill for a remake of both Amazing Mirror and Kirby Air Ride, both of those were my favorites. Also an Sonic Adventure 2 remake would be pretty cool too :smile:

But also a remake of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 would be awesome
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2023 @661.38 »

But also a remake of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 would be awesome

This could've been a thing, but apparently Vicarious Visions got absorbed into Blizzard and the plans for THPS 3+4 got scrapped...

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2023 @872.87 »

I personally think if a game is good already, there is no need for a remaster or remake. I don't really care much about fancier graphics as it doesn't really make a game special to me.

That being said,some games that were heavily butchered/unfinished during development I would like to see have another chance, but only if they get the original directors and team back for it (as much as possible) and/or have it rebuilt as close to original vision as possible.

One game I could think of for this would be Crash Twinsanity. From all the concept art and cut content found over the years, it really had a lot of great potential.
thesolitarygamer
Jr. Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2023 @889.07 »

This could've been a thing, but apparently Vicarious Visions got absorbed into Blizzard and the plans for THPS 3+4 got scrapped...

Man I fucking hate blizzard :notgood:

That being said,some games that were heavily butchered/unfinished during development I would like to see have another chance, but only if they get the original directors and team back for it (as much as possible) and/or have it rebuilt as close to original vision as possible.

People might think I'm crazy for this but, Sonic 06 honestly. Despite some of it's, uh, interesting choices with story, it was a game that was horrifically mauled by it's terrible development. Between it's development team being split in half two or three times and Xbox deals, it got done dirty.

This what happun about it kinda sums up how bad of a deal it got

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2023 @77.82 »

I personally think if a game is good already, there is no need for a remaster or remake. I don't really care much about fancier graphics as it doesn't really make a game special to me.

This is how I feel about the upcoming Dead Space remake. The original game still looks and plays great in my opinion. The graphics in the remake look like they've lost all sense of style. The lighting is more realistic, but less cinematic. And making the whole station seamless just reminds me of all the games that went open world because it's trendy and not because it actually adds anything.
WingsOfImagination

Beauty Serene Arrow!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2023 @138.16 »

Burnout 3: Takedown would be cool. PC release would be very much appreciated. Still one of the best arcade racing games I've ever played.

(And while you're at that please give us the promised Split/Second sequel, please I beg you I BEG WITH TEARS!)

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2023 @593.45 »

I dunno, I think if you really get into a game, you also become a fan of its world, and hold it a bit dear to your heart completely aside from the gameplay.

For me for example, the worlds of Star Trek or Final Fantasy XIV, or even games without a lot of world-building, like GTA San Andreas, hold a very special place in my heart that I would love to see remastered graphically. I already consider these worlds "real" emotionally, so if I'd be able to see them in better graphical fidelity that'd be super cool.
arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2023 @798.95 »

Earthbound/Mother 2 for SURE. I would absolutely love to see a revamped version on switch, with crisp, clean art and an orchestrated soundtrack. Maybe the visual style of the game could be a bit like a 50's comic, since so much of Eagleland and everywhere else feels like it's right out of a space-age strip! And the world could definitely do with a game like Earthbound now, the messages in the game are just timeless.

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
thesolitarygamer
Jr. Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2023 @39.14 »

Earthbound/Mother 2 for SURE. I would absolutely love to see a revamped version on switch, with crisp, clean art and an orchestrated soundtrack. Maybe the visual style of the game could be a bit like a 50's comic, since so much of Eagleland and everywhere else feels like it's right out of a space-age strip! And the world could definitely do with a game like Earthbound now, the messages in the game are just timeless.

Yaknow what on the topic of a remake of Earthbound, I'm reminded of this bit of concept art for what I believe was either gonna be a remake or a sequel to Earthbound/Mother 2 originally for the Gamecube. Don't think it got too far aside from the initial pitch but, honestly Earthbound remake with this kind've aesthetic would be interesting imo

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2023 @144.59 »

This is how I feel about the upcoming Dead Space remake. The original game still looks and plays great in my opinion. The graphics in the remake look like they've lost all sense of style. The lighting is more realistic, but less cinematic. And making the whole station seamless just reminds me of all the games that went open world because it's trendy and not because it actually adds anything.

Yeah, seriously. That's another thing; A lot of remakes (not all of them) will kill the original aesthetic and charm that I find appealing in the first place for the sake of "modernization". Some people may not care, but for me it can detract from the overall experience.
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2023 @924.25 »

I would love dragon age origins and dragon age 2 remasters. as much as I love dragon age origins, the graphics are a bit ugly and combat feels a bit slow. and dragon age 2 would benefit a lot from a remaster that includes remaking dungeons so that they're all unique (so more of a remake than a remaster).

speaking of remakes, I would love a final fantasy viii remake so so much, I think it deserves a remake the most out of the series. the original had a good narrative that felt rushed because of playstation disc limitations, and so many ideas just weren't fleshed out enough. also the junction system needs to be reworked somehow so that it's less confusing to new players and doesn't make the game too easy for players who know how to get the best magic early.

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2023 @13.31 »

Definitely Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. I feel like its one of those games where I am the only person on the planet that still cares about it, despite the fact that I've never owned a GBA and I played it on a sketchy browser emulator. I just really like the idea of Kirby in a Metroid-vania.
They're rereleasing it on the Switch online service, probably including local and online multiplayer! :ha: :ha: :ha:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2023 @53.66 »

I've been waiting on the rumored Metroid Prime remaster for Switch for years. It's my favourite game of all time, but at this point the remaster is about as likely to actually happen as Metroid Prime 4.
Oh my gawdness, it actually happened today! Downloading it as I type this.
thesolitarygamer
Jr. Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2023 @102.59 »

METROID PRIME REMASTER HAPPENED

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

welp time to be annoying as shit about this for the next month lmao
tempted to get the eshop version but i kinda want to wait for the physical release since i love having things physically?? hmmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2023 @993.62 »

So, on the topic of Metroid Prime Remastered, what're your takes on it so far if you've played it and the original?

I'm enjoying it, but there are some artistic changes that I wish they hadn't made. The reflections on Samus's armor don't look as good--it has a bit of a matte finish to it now and looks dull by comparison--and the particle effects all look a lot more subdued. The clouds blowing past Samus's ship as she lands on Talon IV are barely visible in the remaster, so the cutscene loses a lot of the original's sense of movement and intensity.

I'm also not a fan of how they carried some of the sound changes from the Trilogy on Wii over. The voice clips originally from Metroid Prime 2 that they retroactively included when you scan a new logbook entry or get a new map hint hurt the original's sense of isolation.

Lastly, I wish you could totally remap the controls. I appreciate having the dual stick, gyro and classic control options, but the classic controls don't feel right without the GameCube's button layout and I keep pushing A to jump instead of B in the dual stick setup.

Other than that, I love the added detail. The low resolution lines on Samus's suit when you ride the elevators between zones always stood out to me on GameCube and were very distracting as a kid. And the Talon IV landing site was always gorgeous, but it looks absolutely stunning now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1645
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1811
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4073
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi