Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @85.65 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 60/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What game would you want to be remastered?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: What game would you want to be remastered?  (Read 3085 times)
xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: October 06, 2022 @666.01 »

I was talking to a friend about how I wish Magi Nation for the GBC would be remastered, so I wanted to ask to see if anyone has their own personal games they'd like to see remastered even if it probably won't happen.

My reasons for wanting some kind of remaster of Magi Nation is mostly because I'd love to hear a remastered version of the soundtrack and because a lot of the issues with that game come from the game being slow (which was because of hardware limitations) and because saving is a pain. It would never happen because this game is rarely talked about and the company behind it is probably long defunct but hey.

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022 @109.77 »

I've been waiting on the rumored Metroid Prime remaster for Switch for years. It's my favourite game of all time, but at this point the remaster is about as likely to actually happen as Metroid Prime 4.

My next choice would be Resident Evil: Dead Aim, because it's a really underappreciated game that is only playable on PS2. In my opinion it's the best of the Resident Evil spinoff games. And since it's a blend of classic third-person Resident Evil games and a light-gun shooter, even if you still have a PS2 you also need a CRT television because light-guns don't work on modern TVs. It's a great candidate for a Switch port so you can use the joycon's IR pointer for aiming.
CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022 @769.49 »

The first two Paper Mario games! (Specifically, the N64 original and The Thousand Year Door.) Both games have a rather unique look that still holds up. Also, I kind of want to see the worlds of both expanded a bit too.

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022 @949.00 »

Psychonauts is one of my favorite games of all time and with the sequel now out, it'd be neat if they could update the original with it's level of graphic polish. And as much as I love it, there are some parts that I feel are a little too difficult, so maybe something could be done about that in a remake.

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022 @999.80 »

Either Shin Megami Tensei, Or Metal Gear Solid. I know the last one may be an unpopular opinion but I think it would be nice to have a MGS remake with the same amount of drama and tenseness of the original. None of the stuff the gamecube remake had. It could even have an extra mode that could tell the story of metal gear and metal gear 2? I dont want a persona revelations remake, they would add social links and all around RUIN it. The psp version holds up still today in my opinion.

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
Hectic Electric

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022 @259.75 »

ocarina of time in breath of the wild engine.

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022 @759.76 »

The original super monkey ball, persona 3 portable (I have never actually played through any of the other games or have any idea about the story but it was my childhood) and last but not least, a proper remake of Auto Modellista

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022 @815.71 »

The original super monkey ball, persona 3 portable...

They both got remastered in a way! Last year there was the release of Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania which includes levels from 'Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2 and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe' (thank you steam page).

And Persona 3 Portable is getting an HD release soon on all major consoles + PC! It's debatable if it should be counted as a port or a remaster, but it's worth mentioning either way. There's also this fan-made remaster of P3Fes and P3P that's in development right now, so you might be interested in that as well:

in the meanwhile i'll be waiting until they port persona 3 fes to consoles

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022 @109.39 »

:cheesy: mario kart double dash as long as it still had all the same features in multiplayer

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022 @219.27 »

I don't usually think much about remasters, but if I had to pick something I'd love to see a revisit of Pokemon Ranger. I loved that game as a kid and always felt more drawn to the side games like ranger and mystery dungeon than the mainline games. Something about them felt so weird, and they always had a lot of personality to them.

worldwidewar
Casual Poster ⚓︎

🖕💩 👽👎💩🖕 👽💯➡️💩

iMood: worldwidewar

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023 @234.36 »

I just want the top-down GTA games to have twin stick controls. As for anything else, I guess the NGPC Metal Slug games would be cool to see done in the same graphical style as the mainline games.

\   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
            (__)\       )\/\
                ||--WWW |
                ||     ||
Leekleeks
Casual Poster

Professional Wallflower

iMood: Leekleeks

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023 @323.01 »

Mario Paint for sure, but for the nintendo ds (since we've gotta play make-believe). They really missed an opportunity there!

plantovision
Jr. Member ⚓︎

born to ":3" forced to ":)"

StatusCafe: plantovision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023 @509.34 »

Definitely Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. I feel like its one of those games where I am the only person on the planet that still cares about it, despite the fact that I've never owned a GBA and I played it on a sketchy browser emulator. I just really like the idea of Kirby in a Metroid-vania game.

Honorable mention to Sonic Adventure 2, but if I'm being completely honest I only really care about the Chao Garden.

Edit: I forgot about Kirby Air Ride how could I forget about Kirby Air Ride.

born to be silly, forced to be stupid
lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

StatusCafe: lime360
iMood: lime360
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023 @908.62 »

i literally want for zuma or bejeweled to be remastered

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2023 @911.57 »

Definitely Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

I played this on the Wii U virtual console, I liked it too! I've always liked the idea of a Kirby game where multiple people can independently move around the game world, although I've never played the multiplayer mode because, again, Wii U virtual console. It could work on the Switch!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1682
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1831
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4164
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi