Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @633.16 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What game would you want to be remastered?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: What game would you want to be remastered?  (Read 3095 times)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2023 @735.60 »

I've been waiting on the rumored Metroid Prime remaster for Switch for years.
MamboGator, are you psychic? Should I come to MelonLand for game predictions from now on?

Metal Gear Solid
So are we just going to ignore Twin Snakes then?  :ok:

I just want the top-down GTA games to have twin stick controls.
You know what, I never thought of this, that's a great idea actually! If they do end up doing this, hopefully they change the difficulty to compensate, because I feel like that control scheme would make firefights very easy.

I personally think if a game is good already, there is no need for a remaster or remake. I don't really care much about fancier graphics as it doesn't really make a game special to me.
This is my general thoughts on remakes and remasters too. I mostly feel like the novelty of remakes and remasters has worn off on me, and I just don't care about them much anymore. The only time I feel like they are warranted is if a game is trapped on old hardware and remaking/remastering it would help preserve it for the future, or the game has to be old enough to majorly benefit from a remake or remaster. Dead Space released recently and while a lot of people are giving it good reviews, I still just don't see the point. The original is still very accessible and playable, and still looks great graphically. I would have preferred just a QoL update to the original although I understand there is no profit to be had in that.
Call me jaded or a negative nancy, but I'm not too receptive to remakes and remasters. I can be the Devil's Advocate for anyone wanting a remaker or remaster for their favourite game. :ok:

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2023 @601.33 »

I'd like to see a proper remake of GTA: San Andreas sometime. One that preserves the 90s feeling, the atmospheres of the locations, the feeling of being lost, the living open world with subtle changes in NPC spawning depending on where you are, all of it. Perhaps something with a non-realistic art style, something more stylized but not cartoonish, would work! The Definitive Edition was a sad joke, unfortunately.
thesolitarygamer
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2023 @122.06 »

I'd like to see a proper remake of GTA: San Andreas sometime. One that preserves the 90s feeling, the atmospheres of the locations, the feeling of being lost, the living open world with subtle changes in NPC spawning depending on where you are, all of it. Perhaps something with a non-realistic art style, something more stylized but not cartoonish, would work! The Definitive Edition was a sad joke, unfortunately.

The screwup that was the Definitive Edition will always perplex me until the end of time. Rockstar gave the games to a small team that was already notorious for making shoddy mobile ports of the PS2 era games, and told them to port it to modern hardware but to also upgrade literally all the graphics.

It should've been a easy fucking deal but apparently not
appleAlc

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2023 @863.47 »

I don't think I'd want them "remastered" as much as "rereleased", but the two Persona 2 games

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2023 @35.63 »

So are we just going to ignore Twin Snakes then?
The twin snakes IS the gamecube remake, and while i dont hate it, it has a completely different vibe than the original. Its way too over the top to the point its just silly, unlike other metal gear games where it can be taken seriously. I think both a new remake and the twin snakes should co exist, where the twin snakes is if you want an fun action movie packed adventure with some comedic moments, and MGS1R if you want the same atmosphere and distress of the original version, just better graphics and less clunky controls.

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2023 @219.48 »

The twin snakes IS the gamecube remake, and while i dont hate it, it has a completely different vibe than the original. Its way too over the top to the point its just silly, unlike other metal gear games where it can be taken seriously. I think both a new remake and the twin snakes should co exist, where the twin snakes is if you want an fun action movie packed adventure with some comedic moments, and MGS1R if you want the same atmosphere and distress of the original version, just better graphics and less clunky controls.

I never got the dislike for The Twin Snakes. The complaints about the cutscenes are really exaggerated. The most ridiculous thing that happens is Snake flipping over a missile during the helicopter fight. Besides that, they're really not as over the top as anyone says. It's mostly just Zack Snyder-esque slow-mo action.

Even if the cutscenes were absolutely unbearable, the rest of the game is a full recreation of the original with every level rebuilt, every boss fight the same, and every line of dialogue re-recorded (minus the bad/offensive accents from the original). It's a really faithful remake, but the MGS2-era enhancements like being able to aim in first-person make it way better than the original in my opinion.

Anyone who has avoided playing it because they heard it was too ridiculous is really doing themselves a disservice. It's just too bad the game is only playable on the GameCube or via emulation.

Its way too over the top to the point its just silly, unlike other metal gear games where it can be taken seriously.

I have never heard anyone call the MGS games "serious" before. :P
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2023 @950.72 »

I have never heard anyone call the MGS games "serious" before. :P

I thought the first game was quite serious, but that might just be because im just too silly of a guy to be serious in comparison. A lil goofball. When will they make a mgs 6?

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
mousey

everything is so beautiful and it's all too much

iMood: heymousey

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2023 @145.46 »

I'd do almost anything to see story of seasons and story of seasons: trio of towns from the 3DS remastered for the switch
 :cheerR:

:unite:
@ me or I'll forget
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2023 @210.27 »

I thought the first game was quite serious, but that might just be because im just too silly of a guy to be serious in comparison. A lil goofball. When will they make a mgs 6?

To be fair, MGS1 is more serious than the sequels. There are no vampires walking on water or Russian colonels shooting lightning from their fingers. But cyborg ninjas and floating psychics deserve some over-the-top action sequences. :grin:
HunnyBon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*squints at the captcha* it's communicating!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2023 @862.25 »

I'd kill for a Kakuto Chojin remaster, it was a fighting game for the original Xbox, and has stayed there since it got recalled for sampling the Quran in one of its tracks, it has some really good music, otherwise.
Most one can do nowadays is emulate it or play it on hardware, the former being still rather slow. You'd have to get it secondhand or through whatever Particular Means you have otherwise.

🌙
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2023 @893.92 »

Not exactly a remaster but I'm still hoping for a DS Castlevania port collection since they're my favorites. The use of the second screen and the touchscreen functionality is pretty minimal so I imagine wouldn't be that hard to work around compared to other DS games.

minttea
Casual Poster ⚓︎

very tired...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2023 @930.05 »

Thinking hard, I think its down to either Dark Cloud 2 (mostly just to get it on to modern systems and the public eye for that hypothetical *+*Dark Cloud 3*+*) or .hack//Quadrilogy. The OG .hack in particular could do with a remake, just to update the gameplay some. Most of it probably doesn't need much! But I do remember bouncing off the gameplay loop a bit, so refreshing it a bit would be nice.
Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2023 @582.77 »

I really want to see a reimagination of the Drakengard through a modern lens. The themes of the game are very unique and quite disturbing. I would love to see them reborn in a game that is not limited by its terrible terrible gameplay and design!

This screenshot is just pure vibes to me.

xx <3
kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2023 @621.63 »

I'd love an official remaster for any of The Elder Scrolls games. I know Skyblivion is in development for an Oblivion remaster and there was some Morrowind remaster project back in like 2011, but I wish Bethesda would actually remaster one of their games themselves instead of relying on their fans to do it for them. :tongue:

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2023 @902.74 »

I'd like to see "pixel remaster" of Chrono Trigger and the SNES Shin Megami Tensei titles, and I'd love to see full 3d remakes of Vagrant Story and Bushido Blade. Anybody else remember those?

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1689
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1840
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4175
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi