Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @328.68 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  I made an article

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I made an article  (Read 723 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: November 24, 2022 @758.13 »

I wrote an essay about games, I need advice on how to make it better. Do you like it or not and why? https://digital-devil.neocities.org/articles/deadgaming.html
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022 @39.24 »

Other than a couple wording things ("barely doesn’t" could just be barely) I think it's great! The best way to improve is to keep writing so I would just say keep working! I agree with a lot in this and honestly I'm excited to see more from you!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022 @61.55 »

Hmm, you do the same thing that I do! I always write in bullet points instead of paragraphs, which is great for writing down ideas fast, but it makes it less pleasant for people to read.

For example;
bullets;
Castles are tall, so many people fall to the ground; they are too tall! Make the ground squishy and this would not be an problem!

paragraph;
Castles are tall, this height can be a problem because people fall out of them frequently.However if those castles had squishy ground around them, then they would cause far less deaths!

Im sure someone who's a much better writer can point out all the flaws in my examples and offer better advice; BUT for me, I find it can be helpful to bullet point first and the rewrite slowly to make sure it all flows; use more words than you think are necessary because chances are what your saying is a lot less clear to your reader than it is to you!

Also one other trick someone taught me; put your last paragraph first; so for you, I'd put the paragraph starting with "But why am I talking about this? Because its a good thing." first! Thats your hook; get people hooked first, then explain the issue to them; that'll be way more engaging to your reader; then you can remind them again at the end with your TLDR.

My only other comment is that if you make claims like "you don't even own your game anymore when you buy the disc, its just a license to download it." thats a great point and really intresting! but you need an example to cite as proof of your claim; otherwise how do I know if thats true?

Overall though you're clearly passionate about what your saying, thats the important thing and it really comes across! As SilkSkull said, keep writing! :unite:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Weird/surreal 3d environment i made

Started by ellievoyydBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1813
Last post September 22, 2022 @593.21
by SGTCharlynne
When viewing informational articles, do you prefer if links open...

Started by PepyogurtBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 6
Views: 1116
Last post March 05, 2023 @176.59
by teatime
I made a new site (again) (blog)

Started by CeleBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 534
Last post December 26, 2022 @510.38
by Cele

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi