Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @412.91 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 45/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum feature requests and Ideas

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Forum feature requests and Ideas  (Read 21377 times)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2023 @76.68 »

I apologise if A) This has already been suggested and B) There is already a link and I'm just super blind or something, BUT...

Would it be possible to have a link to the forum guidelines/rules put at the bottom of the page, around here somewhere maybe?:

I'm new here, and unless I missed a popup or something, I had to hunt for the link to the forum rules.

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2023 @91.61 »

Would it be possible to have a link to the forum guidelines/rules put at the bottom of the page, around here somewhere maybe?:

That seems like a good idea; I guess I dont like being too pushy about the rules; but if it makes people feel more comfortable to be able to reference them, they should be easy to find.

I added some links at the bottom right  :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2023 @744.44 »

I added some links at the bottom right 
Thanks, I hope that helps other users in the future too!

I've actually got another suggestion.. lol..

Would it be possible to either change the default behaviour of Quote Selection, or have a toggle option in the settings, so that it doesn't auto-scroll the page down to Quick Reply every time you use it? Sometimes I like to go through threads and pick out certain words, phrases or short sentences from multiple posts and it's a pain having to scroll back up to where I was every time I use the highlight quote. It works fine when using the Multi-Quote buttons but I sometimes don't want to quote someone's entire post every time, since if I quote multiple posts I feel like it adds a lot of extra clutter to my post.
Hopefully that makes sense, let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to explain better.  :ok:

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2023 @807.51 »

Would it be possible to either change the default behaviour of Quote Selection, or have a toggle option in the settings, so that it doesn't auto-scroll the page down to Quick Reply every time you use it?
So basically, Quick Reply always focuses if its open.. its a separate bug that I cant fix - I can probably stop highlight quotes from opening it, but that would prob be extremely confusing for a lot of people, because you'd have to highlight text, quote it, then remember to scroll down and check the quick box.. Even if people could toggle it in settings I don't think it would be good interaction design.

Ideally the "Quote Selection" popup should have an extra "Add Multi Quote" option; but I have seen the code and I know it would be quite hard to add that feature; that said I put in a feature request for this with the original developer of the Quotes mod we use; but they have always ignored me, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I guess that's a way of saying; I hear you, but this probably wont get done in the near future :ok: In this case, usually what I do is multi-quote people and then edit down the quotes in the editor to just focus on the bits I want.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2023 @777.44 »

Small thing: forums used to have a few records in the footer, especially "most number of users online was X users on XX/YY/ZZZZ". As the community grows it'd be cool to see if we were breaking records :ozwomp:
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2023 @796.25 »

Small thing: forums used to have a few records in the footer, especially "most number of users online was X users on XX/YY/ZZZZ". As the community grows it'd be cool to see if we were breaking records :ozwomp:

This and other little stats in the footer could be cool, just some neat little numbers to see what's up!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2023 @797.25 »

Small thing: forums used to have a few records in the footer, especially "most number of users online was X users on XX/YY/ZZZZ".

You can see this if you click [more stats] :cheerR:

« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2023 @803.24 »

You can see this if you click [more stats] :cheerR:

Thank you! ... but holy hell, how the heck did we get 614 people on at once???
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2023 @807.95 »

That was the day we had a big debate about AI usage in art; I think all of the bots of the web are searching for any discussion about AI, and they descended on us in force  :omg:

« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2023 @811.99 »

I think all of the bots of the web are searching for any discussion about AI, and they descended on us in force  :omg:

Oh no, it's Skynet!
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2023 @34.19 »

That was the day we had a big debate about AI usage in art; I think all of the bots of the web are searching for any discussion about AI, and they descended on us in force  :omg:

That makes a lot of sense, at first it was exciting but then I was like "hmm actually who is this large group of people who is suddenly peeking over here". It seems harmless enough on the MelonLand side of things, but it does make me wonder!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2023 @432.71 »

This isn't, like, really important, but I thought it'd be cool if posting forum links on the forum would embed a little preview box of the topic or message instead of just being a link!
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2023 @444.04 »

Oh, and it'd be cool if we had an "online players" count on the forums for the Minecraft server! The times I'm playing it's usually empty (like right now) and it'd be cool to see whether someone's on I could join every once in a while. :pc:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2023 @682.22 »

cool if posting forum links on the forum would embed a little preview box of the topic
I found two very old mods that might do something like this - Snapshot BBCode - this one lets people manually post a snapshot of their site as it currently is.
Or this one Sitepreviews - same as above except it automatically shows the thumbnail when you hover a link.
Let me know what people think! Also, both of these mods are VERY old, I can't guarantee I'd be able to update them to work (they use old website screenshot services that no longer exist, so Id have to replicate that myself)

Oh, and it'd be cool if we had an "online players" count on the forums for the Minecraft server! The times I'm playing it's usually empty (like right now) and it'd be cool to see whether someone's on I could join every once in a while. :pc:
You can see it if you click on the server thread, or you can check dynmap; do you mean somewhere more visible on the forum main page?

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2023 @849.61 »

do you mean somewhere more visible on the forum main page?
I did, but if that's against the design philosophy I don't mind. :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5492
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3380
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 3783
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi