Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @596.38 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum feature requests and Ideas

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Forum feature requests and Ideas  (Read 20461 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2023 @16.28 »

What do you think about adding reactions to posts? I've seen the Yesterweb forum and other forums have this feature and I think it's a really cool idea.

See this discussion about it: https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=1178.0 feel free to add your own thoughts there!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2023 @590.88 »

Listen I'm more than certain that this feature exists and I'm just missing it.

Can we unsubscribe from topics? Aka stop them from appearing in the 'unread replies'? I've found a 'Return to the topic' tick under the advanced options when replying, but would that require for me to post in the topic again first?

Like I don't mind, it keeps the discussion going, but also some threads, like "Search the username above you", I know I won't be coming back to (my username search results are all me, it's boring for everyone)...

Is there a magic button anywhere that I'm not seeing? ^^"

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2023 @573.77 »

Can we unsubscribe from topics? Aka stop them from appearing in the 'unread replies'?
Hmmmm, so "subscribing" usually means that you signed up for notifications about a topic? To un-notify yourself you can click the notify button next to the reply button. BUT the "unread replies" page actually just shows all unread replies on the forum, it's not individualised at all (as far as I know).

Ice did request a "hide certain topics" feature, (a bit like topic blocking, but less harsh sounding) - that's something Iv been looking into, but it would hide the topic entirely.

I will do some more research into what you're requesting which is the ability to customise the unread replies page! :eyes:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2023 @612.45 »

Let me try to explain somewhat better what I mean :ohdear:

So there's the Unread Topics, which just shows all the active topics on the forum, which is cool, but Unread Replies specifically only shows updates in topics where I've left at least one reply myself (I suspect that may equal to almost all topics for you since you participate in so many  :grin: ), it happens by default, the only topic I've ever clicked 'notify' on is the Birthdays one.

It's a cool feature 'cause I can quickly check if there are updates in topics where I'm currently engaged in discussion, but once I stop (or if the topic is not much of a discussion, like the game ones) it'd be cool to be able to drop the topic and only keep the relevant ones in there

(I'm gonna uncheck 'Return to this topic' in 'Attachments and other options' right now and see if that does it)

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2023 @25.56 »

but Unread Replies specifically only shows updates in topics where I've left at least one reply myself
Oh you right!!

It looks like this has been an issue for a really long time: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=375491.0

The solution they are suggesting is the same solution to Ice's request, but the reason that it has not been added yet is because it's missing a button on this forums theme and I'm still working out how to make that button work :ziped:

That thread I linked actually goes into a really technical deep dive into how the unread replies page works and why it's really hard to add an unsubscribe feature (the short answer is, if you remove your replies from the thread, you'll be unsubscribed - but that's not very helpful!)

This will require more research! But thank you for pointing this out :ozwomp:

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2023 @793.29 »

Mine is not super important, but I was wondering, since we have previews for posts, can we also have a preview option for the signature on the profile customization? Now when editing, you have go back and forth between a post of yours and the editor :omg:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2023 @822.43 »

you have go back and forth between a post of yours and the editor
I usually just design my signature in an unposted reply using its preview then copy the code over - but its a good suggestion :grin:

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2023 @382.07 »

I was thinking about a profile design contest. Maybe yearly (or quarterly?). People "sign up" to attend and then there's a poll for who has the coolest profile design. Winner gets one of these little profile gift thingies like "Coolest Profile Design 2023" or so :ha:

Spoiler
Was totally not inspired by being in awe about Skykristals design :ozwomp:
[close]

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2023 @956.24 »

was thinking about a profile design contest
This is a really cool idea :grin:

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2023 @606.82 »

I was thinking about a profile design contest. Maybe yearly (or quarterly?). People "sign up" to attend and then there's a poll for who has the coolest profile design. Winner gets one of these little profile gift thingies like "Coolest Profile Design 2023" or so :ha:

Spoiler
Was totally not inspired by being in awe about Skykristals design :ozwomp:
[close]

hmm did we always have a spoilers thing or did i just completely miss it?

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2023 @613.65 »

hmm did we always have a spoilers thing or did i just completely miss it?

They were added during the BIG update bonanzas of February-March - so far not the most popular feature, but still useful when you need them!

kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato

View Profile WWW

« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2023 @123.60 »

Sorry if this has been requested before but is there any way to show quoted replies? I feel like it would help users visualize specific discussion threads instead of just having them find the end of the thread and going back up. Something like:

post post post oh look at my post.
-----
signature signature what a beautiful signature!
-----
quoted by: user1, user2

where if you click the usernames you jump to that specific reply.

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2023 @231.93 »

I request a hand waving emoji so I can wave hello in the chat box when I find the time to visit :,)

Rowan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Silly Mook

View Profile WWW

« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2023 @810.67 »

I feel like the font size for the quotes should be made larger. It's really tiny in comparison to everything else! I find myself manually increasing the font size every time I want to use quotes, which isn't ideal.

It also makes the smileys look a little odd as well!  :sad:

What is this? A quote for ants?  :ohdear:

Quote from: melooon
you: Hello fridge, I would like the milk please :cheesy:
fridge: Ooo u look so pretty, lemmy order more onions from Amazon
you: wait no! :drat:
fridge: i love you so much i ordered onions!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2023 @818.65 »

feel like the font size for the quotes should be made larger
Done! (clear cache)

hand waving emoji so I can wave hello
I weirdly cant find one in my collection - I have lots of gifs of microwaves, or waves in the sea, or hellokittys - but no hand waves!!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5327
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3298
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 3674
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi