Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @227.96 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum feature requests and Ideas

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Forum feature requests and Ideas  (Read 20892 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2022 @627.47 »

I'm not sure if you do this already because this is my first year being here but a Christmas theme or maybe community Christmas events like the Halloween page event could be awesome!

Events are great; although for me they are a lot of work :ohdear: If you have any suggestions please do share; also Im always supportive of people running their own events on the forum (not everything needs to be an "official" event!) I think some sort of digital secret Santa could be cool .. as for a Christmas theme.. hmm, we didn't do one last year, but the forum was smaller then; I think I have some old bits of CSS in my attic I could set up :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2022 @965.35 »

Should we make the Writers Corner also include Manga? Is that an appropriate combination (since they are both books)?
not sure if this was already decided, but i think that's appropriate! i always lump all kinds of comics (manga, webcomics, etc) in with literature.

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2022 @44.20 »

not sure if this was already decided, but i think that's appropriate! i always lump all kinds of comics (manga, webcomics, etc) in with literature.

Not decided yet, I was waiting to see if anyone else replied! Im inclined to go ahead with this plan though since it makes sense to meee. I can understand the logic of grouping anime & manga too.. but in the case of this forum I don't think we need another board dedicated to that (at least not right now) :cheerR:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

View Profile WWW

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2022 @253.50 »

omg hahaha i am so silly. i came asking about a search function and i just noticed it at the top of the page! i think those header buttons just blend in as decoration in my brain.

i have another idea, though... have profile badges/collectibles been proposed? they're a feature i really like on Bell Tree Forums, i think it's another fun way to customize your profile :4u:

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2022 @613.06 »

Does the forum software support some kind of 'save draft' feature? Often I find myself wanting to reply but not having much time to actually write something out at the moment, and a draft feature could really help. Otherwise I'll just keep using .txt files so no biggie lol

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2022 @104.88 »

Does the forum software support some kind of 'save draft' feature? Often I find myself wanting to reply but not having much time to actually write something out at the moment, and a draft feature could really help. Otherwise I'll just keep using .txt files so no biggie lol

There is no way to do this at the moment, so stick with txt files :tongue: However you're the second person to ask me about it, so I'll look into it soon!

~Note to Melon; study this plugin for draft functionality! https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1264

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2022 @107.23 »

have profile badges/collectibles been proposed? they're a feature i really like on Bell Tree Forums, i think it's another fun way to customize your profile :4u:

Id think you'd have to describe this one a little more for me. Do you mean like token that you can collect somehow? (Is it just a number?) How would you collect them and what would the be used for?? (Im not sure how I feel about reward systems on the forum :ohdear: )

neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

View Profile WWW

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2022 @661.64 »

Id think you'd have to describe this one a little more for me. Do you mean like token that you can collect somehow? (Is it just a number?) How would you collect them and what would the be used for?? (Im not sure how I feel about reward systems on the forum :ohdear: )
oops sorry i was unclear XD i was thinking more like little icons or banners on your miniprofile that say something about yourself/what you like! they could be pickable by editing your profile and free to everyone. the bell tree forums has these square icons that look like animal crossing items and they mostly just exist to look pretty (though these ones are obtained via forum shop/event rewards).

and bulbagarden has these miniprofile banners that show what pokemon starters you like!

i think the biggest wrench in this idea is i'm just not sure what collectibles on this forum could look like... and it may seem redundant since we have signatures! : P

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2022 @121.39 »

Added some christmas decorations, lemmy know if its too much! :unite:

oops sorry i was unclear XD i was thinking more like little icons or banners on your miniprofile that say

Hmm I think it would suit the vibe; but it sounds very high effort :omg:k: I cant say I'll do anything about it right away, but Im gonna keep it in my mind and see if anything clicks. Feel free to make a thread about it if you'd like to note down ideas or collect opinions!

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2022 @850.17 »

Might be too much of a good thing since we already have avatars but building on the idea of badges, how about using 88x31 badges for those? Could work as a single custom upload or preset 'classic' ones, but I feel like it would fit the vibe of the forum! Just putting it out there though, I don't know exactly how much work it would be so it's all up to you :ozwomp:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Deckade (Tolo)
Casual Poster

Feel free to email me and be pen pals :)

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2022 @92.75 »

I think having the forum timestamps in the users local time would be really helpful :cheesy:
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2022 @194.43 »

I think having the forum timestamps in the users local time would be really helpful :cheesy:

They are, at least for me. There's a time zone setting on your profile under "Look and Layout".
Deckade (Tolo)
Casual Poster

Feel free to email me and be pen pals :)

View Profile

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2022 @285.19 »

They are, at least for me. There's a time zone setting on your profile under "Look and Layout".

Whoops I must have my time set wrong. Thanks!
Version
Casual Poster

Ver. Narrative game and mystery media lover.

View Profile

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2023 @214.28 »

More options/ the possibility of using a custom hex code for your default text color? The options just seem really limited right now. Some more font faces could be nice too. I know it's possible to do it with markdown, but it would get annoying to do that for every post
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2023 @553.06 »

More options/ the possibility of using a custom hex code for your default text color? The options just seem really limited right now.[/color]

So the big issue with colours is that colours apply to both the default dark theme, but also the optional light theme (which you can select in your profile look/layout) - so whatever colours I add generally need to be readable and nice on both forum themes - Your welcome to try out some colours and test on both themes! We cactualy have a dedicated thread for that - https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=155.0 :cheesy: - If you find any good ones I can add them!

Some more font faces could be nice too.
Font requests are being collected here! - https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=819.0
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023 @558.04 by Melooon » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5442
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3355
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 3754
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi