Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @256.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  Whats the best thing you've ever bought?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Whats the best thing you've ever bought?  (Read 1255 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: December 17, 2022 @0.30 »

Whats the best thing you've ever bought, or even received as a gift? It could be cool, or useful, or sentimental value. The other day I got a physical copy of HL2. I didnt even know that game came on dvds, and its got a ton of them, and comes with counter strike and HLS too!
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022 @62.22 »

I think the thing I bought that I've got the best value out of is my Cassette Stereo. I got a Sony CFD-S70. It's a deck still being made today, and it blows all of the crappy cheapo mechanisms out of the water.
I've made about 25 mixtapes with it, recording music from Youtube and Spotify on my iPad to tape, and listen to them every day. Safe to say I definitely got my money's worth, and it was an impulse buy when I was at an electronics store!

As for the best gift, I think it was in Christmas 2002, when I got a copy of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on PS2. I originally wanted Airblade, after playing the demo on the disc I got with the console, but they couldn't find it, so got me Tony Hawk's instead. I was hooked, have played all of the games by this point, and have been introduced some amazing bands and music through them!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022 @165.00 »

It took a lot of thought, but I think the best thing I ever bought myself is my Beastie Boys coffee mug. I was going to say my computer or my phone, but I know those will eventually be obsolete and replaced. I use my mug almost every day and, as long as I don't drop it, it'll last my lifetime.

My favourite gift is the Ninja Turtles sewer/doll house my mom made and gave to me for Christmas along with the action figures when I was really young. She did an amazing job. She also built my sister's Barbie house and we used to play where the Ninja Turtles moved in next door to Barbie, and they'd sometimes swap houses. I still have the sewer, even though it's a little banged up.

I was hooked, have played all of the games by this point, and have been introduced some amazing bands and music through them!

I have only played the 1&2 remake on PS4, but the soundtrack is awesome. Black Prez "The Struggle" and All Talk "Let's Do It" are my favourites.
Lost_cat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022 @446.16 »

the best thing i ever bought was an old broken wired telephone,it made me really interested in old tech and i started buying lots of broken telephones from second hand stoles,and i even got a fancy marble one that i really like.i am currently working to make a page about old wired telephones on my website :pc:

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022 @579.47 »

the best thing i ever bought was an old broken wired telephone,it made me really interested in old tech and i started buying lots of broken telephones from second hand stoles,and i even got a fancy marble one that i really like.i am currently working to make a page about old wired telephones on my website :pc:

Hell yeah! Please link the page when it's done! :cheesy:

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022 @743.00 »

This is the most important object, that I've bought. An old mechanical drill taken from a flea market for three Euros with a couple of used drills to strap them into the thing. Why is this obsolete tool so important for me? Because it was my start to get into crafting things using proper tools.

Probably most users here in the forum are sitting in front of the computer a lot. But it's also important to move around a bit! For me, it's going downstaris in the cellar and taking a hand saw to cut through brances and spin the handle of the drill around to make something out of the wood.

Five years later, my biggest project so far was this wooden computer case (image in attachments). Feels not bad when having no previous experience in crafting stuff with your own hands!
My current dream is a old-type bed (canopy bed) with curtains, having the "frame" being made completly out of branches. That will be a lot of wood I have to steal!

Crafting stuff always starts somewhere and for me it really took off through obtaining this mechanical drill, that lets me conquer all sorts of materials, wood, plastic, ceramics, stone, steel, sheet metal. All can be altered now how I want it. And the best thing is, that it runs without any electricity at all.

* mecbohr.gif (22.92 kB, 504x317 - viewed 76 times.)

* hocomp.gif (64.22 kB, 493x429 - viewed 74 times.)
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023 @133.23 »

Can I change my answer?

The best thing I ever bought is actually my poncho. My family thought it was weird but as someone who spends most of my time at home and works remotely, I wear it constantly. It's not appropriate for video meetings or going out in public, but as lazy-wear around the house it's perfect.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023 @138.33 by MamboGator » Logged
plantovision
Jr. Member ⚓︎

born to ":3" forced to ":)"

StatusCafe: plantovision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2023 @834.69 »

A found this bird plush.
It is literally the greatest thing ever.
:transport:

* 51YQK5NDdaL._AC_SX522_.png (23.61 kB, 200x152 - viewed 31 times.)

born to be silly, forced to be stupid
Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2023 @934.03 »

This is actually a very difficult question for me to answer, I like a lot of things I bought, or got.
And I have many things that bring me joy, or that I like looking at.
But I would say that the blank funko pop is one of the best things ever that I decided to buy. It let me create a figure of my character  Lui , which is something that I really love. Bringing my characters to life and having physical merch of them is the coolest thing <3 I would even say.. his jacket is the best.. but I don't even have it yet. it's in the making... I'm pretty sure that will turn into one of the best things I've ever bought when it's done. pretty sure I will wear it constantly haha.

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2023 @61.91 »

Portal 2, great game!

:ozwomp: my beloved

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2023 @456.74 »

My 2DSXL! Love the 3DS, but something about the hinges kept breaking on me, so rather than fork out for a 4th one, I instead switched to a 2DS.

Good because I never used the 3D feature anyway, and though it feels "cheaper", it's a lot more sturdy in my experience. I also use my 2DS like... Every single day LOL. It hosts many of my most favourite games ever, and provides endless hours of entertainment!  :transport:
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2023 @673.03 »

This may sound boring, but honestly my mind goes to my mattress. We struggle for sleep in my household due to overactive brains and light sleeping, and so we splurged on good mattresses that last and feel wonderful. Sometimes frugal means spending a bit extra on things that will make the rest of your life easier.

My PC would probably be second. It's old at this point and not the fastest any more, but I do so much with it and I'm glad I have it. It's brought me joy and so much more!

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2023 @711.67 »

My sofa. I can't even say anything objectively good about it that makes it stand out from other sofas; it does what each sofa does :P

but it's my dream sofa, it's like it was made straight from my dream sofa ideas in my head. Perfect size for my place, the exact colors I wanted, fits nicely in the corner it is and to the other furniture I have. I always leave it extended, so it is just this big comfy square. I practice non-attachment to 99% of things I own, kind of like a "I appreciate it and take care of it, but if there was a fire and it got destroyed, I wouldn't grieve it and it is replacable" but the sofa is one of the few things I would absolutely hate losing. It's one of these things that are so perfect to you that it influences your standards forever, and if I had to replace it, I would be really stubborn and compare the sofas at the store to it constantly and be whiny about it.

And it was cheap too for its size and functions! Big L-shaped sofas you can extend to a square for sleeping are sooo expensive really quickly and I got it for 540 only, which is a steal for it. It was directly in the entrance of the furniture store and had a big sale when I walked in. It was just a match made in heaven. As a result I am really protective about it :P like heavily restricting consuming food and drinks on it, always making sure any drinks etc are put on wood plates I have, and there are two blankets over it to protect it from any spillage and dog stuff.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
emeowly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: emily

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2023 @124.81 »

definitely my computer!! i spend a lot of time online and gaming with friends and i wouldnt be able to do that if i didnt decide to upgrade to a decent PC that would last me a few years ago. i dont think my old computer wouldve made it this far

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2023 @987.26 »

I just bought a ps2 and re4! great game
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 10
Views: 1726
Last post March 19, 2024 @764.99
by starbreaker
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4868
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Tiny things, a topic for tiny things

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 18
Views: 3583
Last post August 23, 2023 @886.10
by 4ivilo

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi