Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @98.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 19/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 902.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?  (Read 11826 times)
HalfOfBilly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Neat!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2024 @490.61 »

is that scratch?

It is! That's where I first began animating- impressive job identifying it  :omg:

I'm an animator who animates animations (now in 1080p!!)
Plasmon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2024 @207.99 »

Mine is descended directly from plasmons, which are basically like a quantization of the interactions between many electrons. Plasmons are quasiparticles, meaning that they sprout from a collective description of many-body behavior (see for example "horse vs. quasi-horse" in Mattuck's book on Feynman diagrams). I'm incredibly fascinated by electron–electron interactions, and I think the name sounds cool, and that's basically it.

You know those tiny bubbles inside your eyes you sometimes catch? Yeah, I’m trackin’ ’em down as we speak.
BlackMageGaming
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Black Mage HatJoined 2024!
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2024 @737.26 »

What feels like ages ago (2019), there were accounts on Instagram that would have suffixes.
Things like .feels, .tells, .moments, whatever.

People would create accounts that were characters from games or movies and pretend to be them. I'd always hang out around accounts that would pretend to be different Castle Crashers characters, but there were TONS of these accounts back in the day.

I had made an account in highschool called Blackmage.feels, hoping it would create it's little Final Fantasy .feels community. However, that never happened, and it eventually became uncool to have a .feels account. So I changed to .sorcery.

Then after a while, I realized I resonated with the suffix ".gaming" the most, as I was a gamer, with a game character persona. I had stopped posting as often to my Instagram account, then decided to create a website with vibes similar to my favorite Final Fantasy games. Unfortunately, .gaming is not a valid top level domain, so I just made my whole name "BlackMageGaming" and I've kept the name ever since. I also like the shorthand "BMG" a lot.

"The joy of living far outweighs the fear of death."
~ Black Mage #288

GeceAzrak
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Heyo!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2024 @579.70 »

My name and surname! Gece is not actually my real name. It's a name I gave myself since I don't use my real name on social media. Also the name of my most precious oc!
Azrak is my surname.

Kukla Gösterisine Hoş Geldiniz!

Zunne
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Mmm... Ice Cream...

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2024 @662.96 »

I had different usernames, but the username ive chosen right now is my preferred one, i came up with zunne because of someone named zonne, i thought of using a name for myself that is similar to zonne, so i chose zunne! (and probably because of Zune, lol)

I wonder why i like ice cream so much?
milo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

whoa!!

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2024 @56.82 »

When I was in high school (circa 2004) I met a new friend who enjoyed sitting in the grass playing Gameboy Advance with me. For a couple days after we met, it was just me and him and I was super psyched to have found a friend who I could chill out and play games with, no judgement.

One day we're chilling, and a few girls show up and sit down with us and start talking with my new friend. This kinda caught me off guard because he really didn't seem the type to have a gaggle of girls following him around, but also because I was a shy little boy who got real nervous around girls. They were cool though and busted out their own games and manga.

They asked my name and I got real nervous and quiet and said my name but they misheard me and heard "milo". So they just called me milo and after a while that name spread and everyone in high school called me milo.

That name stuck for a long time and everyone used to call me it... Then I kinda... grew out of it or something. I picked different usernames for things for a while, but a couple years ago when I started to join forums and stuff and explore the web revival stuff, I decided to web revive my old username and changed all my handles to "milo". :)

It's funny... since I've made that move, I've kind of let it influence my real life too. I feel like the person I was in high school was more easy-going and fun and re-adopting the username started to unlock that door in my head that I had kept closed for whatever reason for a long time and I started to let more things just roll off than I had recently.

Eunice
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Behind every great woman there is a cat.

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

View Profile WWW

The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2024 @562.88 »

I'm boring, it's just my actual name! I got fed up with choosing usernames, so I just go with my own name as not many people seem to have it.
Absentmind
Full Member ⚓︎

Hanging out, havin' a punt

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Smashing Pumpkins Live June 2024 !First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2024 @612.64 »

no brain + thought it was cool  :cheesy:

candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2024 @888.82 »

my original username was actually "candycaneannihalator(etherware2)"

basically its a stretched tf2 reference because the candycane is a weapon that makes you get one shot by explosives and i was a soldier main so its supposed to be like "ha i annihalate all the candycane scouts out there" (also annihalate probably came from the neon annihalator) (and yes ik im misspelling it)

etherware is a name i kinda? inherited bc it was the username on my dads account when he gave it to me, but my brother complained about me using it because he "used it more" so i made it etherware2 to spite him

candycanearter is an alternate version i came up with because candycaneannihalator usually hit the word limit for account names

the 07 part is actually a small joke about the eternal-september USENET server because i happened to join it on september 07 and i like throwing a random number at the end sometimes to confuse ppl

My username is kinda stupid, when i picked up art again i originally wanted to design my own tarot deck ... i didn't but the name stayed because i liked it.
It's a combination of the italian word for tarot (tarocchi) and my birthname (camilla) i tought it was cool because it also sounded like "tarokill" but i didnt want a violent word in my username (not for a particular reason, i don't think it reflects me as a person haha)

so are u into tarot?

new to oldnet be nice

glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2024 @208.55 »

pigeons come with built in glitter! and I am a pigeon, and I love sparkles, so it seemed fitting! :>

pigeons will save the world!!!
fin600
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: fin600

View Profile WWW

« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2024 @732.18 »

Every variant of SonAmyFan and SonicFan was taken, and I really wanted to sign up for a Spongebob racing game back when 3D games on the internet were new. I knew about the Indy 500, so I figured fish thing + 600 because it's a bigger and cooler number. Turns out everything related to the sonic fandom was taken everywhere, so I just kept using fin600.
Rosesarered
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2024 @857.40 »

I like poetry And i was listening to the aqua song to much SO rosesarered

caracalled

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: caracalled

View Profile WWW

« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2024 @966.57 »

My irl name is cara and a friend of mine kept comparing me to caracals (the big cats). we used to call a lot and often the screen would say caracal called which became its own thing and eventually got shortened.

now its a snappy name that lends itself to a lot of jokes so it stuck :3

tallyhall
Casual Poster ⚓︎

funky! what a funky!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: spookoku
PicMix: lemondemon

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2024 @65.95 »

my user on here comes from hit band tallyhall (duh), but my main username is spookoku. im not sure if this is a false memory or not, but i think i got spookoku from a bot players name when i was doing a quizziz. again, im not sure if im lying to myself about that or not lol. it seems unlikely that a random bot would have a unique user like that

DougsShack
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

It's Doug. He has a shack. Doug's Shack !Joined 2024!
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2024 @567.18 »

I have a strong case of ADHD with a bit of autism on the side. So I tend to have extremely strong interests that exist for brief periods of time. I would create something online only to tear it down not too long afterwards as I would move on to something else.

After about 25 years of doing this, I decided to just put all of my half baked ideas together and call it my shack.

And that is where Doug's Shack comes from.

The other names I went by online:
  • silvercrest80 - because it was 1996 and I was big into D&D, fantasy, MtG, etc.
  • Kefka - because I love Final Fantasy VI
  • Astinus - the Dragonlance series was the first books to make me a reader
  • Dubhghlas - my given name, Scottish-fied

No trees were harmed to post this message,
but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Old Embarrassing Usernames

Started by littenBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 47
Views: 3486
Last post August 23, 2024 @326.98
by CilantroFresco
How do artists/musicians choose a style/genre to commit to?

Started by OnioBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 10
Views: 978
Last post April 21, 2024 @156.45
by Thorn
XMPP Users - Share your usernames!

Started by xero333Board ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 12
Views: 986
Last post August 03, 2024 @827.47
by Paprika

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi