Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @300.17 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?  (Read 6580 times)
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: December 19, 2022 @511.69 »

How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?

I picked this one because I recently had a dream I used this username on the internet. :grin: I've never had it before
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022 @651.17 »

I'm on about my 5th username at this point, this one I was literally thinking "what would make a cool username, be easy to draw and look good as a site name?" And as I picked random words, silksulk came to be

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022 @668.53 »

Jack frost

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
1337nightbug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

digital style!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022 @696.32 »

im a bit of a touhou fan (understatement) so i picked my current username based on a character i like (wriggle nightbug) + i was in the middle of my "2000s anime is so cool i want that style" phase so i made it sound like the username of someone who would post adorably crusty anime drawings on deviantart
the username i had been using was also based on touhou (patchyb4k4) so i just kept up the trend of me having 2hu usernames :cool:

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022 @704.36 »

im a bit of a touhou fan (understatement) so i picked my current username based on a character i like (wriggle nightbug) + i was in the middle of my "2000s anime is so cool i want that style" phase so i made it sound like the username of someone who would post adorably crusty anime drawings on deviantart
the username i had been using was also based on touhou (patchyb4k4) so i just kept up the trend of me having 2hu usernames :cool:

Oh Touhou so nostalgic. I was so into it at the turn of the 10s, but I have no idea of anything after Ten Desires ^^'
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022 @870.69 »

Mine came from one of those "what's your ____ name" meme templates. I thought it sounded fun, so I started using it most places.

Jack frost

The Michael Keaton or Scott MacDonald version? :tongue:

It's been a long time since I saw "1337" anywhere. I used to have it in my hotmail account :cheesy:
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022 @47.34 »

Mine came from one of those "what's your ____ name" meme templates. I thought it sounded fun, so I started using it most places.

Ha! I love those things; simple, dumb, fun.

I chose mine because I got most of my games on sale and I'm always on the hunt for a bargain. :ha: You probably could have guessed!

nymphaeaphoo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022 @121.52 »

theres a genus of plant called nymphaea (water lilies) and when programmers cant think of a name for something theyll call it "foobar". i just took the first part and spelt it more consistently with what i already had

most of these are completely innocent and fun but at risk of being being pedantic i think its worth mentioning these are sometimes used as social engineering to get personal information

-
DoctorDizzy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I will become the god of this new world!

StatusCafe: doctordizzy
iMood: DoctorDizzyspin

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022 @133.81 »

The story behind my username is actually a bit interesting, I think!

I used to go by Webkinz38824 -- The "Webkinz" was because I liked Webkinz, and the 38824 was simply because that's what Club Penguin added at the end to make my penguin's name unique. (Side note: I did a lot of dumb shit under that username. :ohdear: Genuinely one of my biggest regrets :sad:smile:

At some point, I started playing Disney's other MMO, Toontown Online. A year after I started playing, it... Closed. Of course, I assume that a lot of people know about Toontown Rewritten by now, and when I signed up for the beta and it asked for my toon's name, I hit the "random" button until I settled on a combination that I liked.

Doctor Lollipop Dizzyspinner.

I usually shorten it to ":grin:omg:ctor Dizzyspinner", ":grin:omg:ctor Dizzy", or ":grin:omg:ctor Dizzyspin". ":grin:izzy" has become my predominant nickname on the Internet, and I wouldn't have it any other way! :chill:

I am lightning... The rain transformed!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022 @223.73 »

Often times online I simple go by Vee as a short for my name, Val, and I had a friend who nicknamed me Veezle. So there ya go.
purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022 @299.63 »

I am almost hesitant to talk about this. It is a bit "heavy" and some might just find it strange. There are very few people that I've told all of this to...

Here is a short description of what both my username and my avatar mean. They are based off one of several very intense spiritual experiences that I've had.

Around four years after that experience, my mother died suddenly. Right before that happened, I kept receiving visions as I sat with her in the hospital. Those visions eventually became the diagrams within this book:

It is a set of tools that helped me to cope with a lot of hardship since then.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2023 @990.13 by purelyconstructive » Logged
tarocchilla
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022 @739.17 »

My username is kinda stupid, when i picked up art again i originally wanted to design my own tarot deck ... i didn't but the name stayed because i liked it.
It's a combination of the italian word for tarot (tarocchi) and my birthname (camilla) i tought it was cool because it also sounded like "tarokill" but i didnt want a violent word in my username (not for a particular reason, i don't think it reflects me as a person haha)
Deckade (Tolo)
Casual Poster

Feel free to email me and be pen pals :)

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2022 @92.44 »

Both of my usernames stem from minecraft, my first one was just me on the signup page with a friend writing weird stuff while my mum walked away for a minute, so I ended up with Bashknee54, which I used for a while, minecraft communities were my thing for a pretty long time and I have some great memories of them.

I then tried to find a shorter username as I thought it would make me cooler :cool: and found t0lo was available and have used it for about 4 years. Honestly, I don't know if I like t0lo as much because I've used bash for such a long time and I connect with it much more, and there's more warmth to it in my opinion.

It's funny how such random moments can have such a large impact on your online presence and experience for years!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2022 @668.50 »

Iv been meaning to make a page on my site about this, but I'll draft here!

In 2007 when I was about 13 my mum took me to an arts-residency/holiday village by the cliffs in Kerry. Her partner at the time also had kids my age, and we were supposed to have a big summer holiday - but he had some sort of mental breakdown and they never showed up; so I was very much own my own for those two weeks.

I found a melon in the grocery shopping and as a protest I drew a face on it like Tom Hanks does in the movie Cast Away - then the joke sorta morphed into re-creating the gnome from Amelie; Id carry the melon around everywhere and photograph it in front of landmarks and nice views.

Most of the media from that era is lost; but I do have this picture of me with the melon.

That was also the same year my dad gave me a macbook for christmas/school - So there was this explosion of media I was creating; so I was making comics and best of all it had iSite which was a WYSIWIG site builder - I made a whole website about the melon and there was even a melon club you could sign upto by e-mail.. That site is LONG gone, but I vaguely remember what it looked like.. lots of curvy text :omg:k:

Naturally the site needed an author, and I wanted to pick a sorta generic web username.. so Melonking :eyes: I tried to replace this username over the years a few times.. since I kinda feel like Iv grown out of it, but somehow it keeps sticking around!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
HayleyMulch
Jr. Member ⚓︎

(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.

StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2022 @878.87 »

It's... my real name with a typo.

So there were rare times I misspelled my surname Mulcahy (pronounced mul-KAH-hee) when I was in secondary school. It gave me and my friends at the time a laugh. About 2011/2012, I wanted a cool proper artist alias online (other than a name relating to Sonic the Hedgehog :omg:k:smile: and I was like "yeah Mulch is easier for non-Irish people to pronounce than Mulcahy" ahahah :grin:

... Only a few years later did I find out it meant a type of fertiliser :drat: Still using it though! A very earthy name.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Image search the username above you

Started by GuestBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 86
Views: 3917
Last post April 20, 2024 @732.45
by zj
You own a store, but you can only sell your username. What do you sell?

Started by kurohaatoBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 58
Views: 2323
Last post February 08, 2024 @214.16
by Fish
Old Embarrassing Usernames

Started by littenBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 22
Views: 898
Last post December 31, 2023 @542.03
by Absentmind

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi