Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @147.66 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 853.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  can i easily install windows 10 back onto my pc for a dual boot? :(

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: can i easily install windows 10 back onto my pc for a dual boot? :(  (Read 1967 times)
virtualtelegrams
Casual Poster

it/they

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2023 @131.06 »

Oh dang good luck. IDK much about partitions but if you set them in/during the Windows install/setup process from the USB installer it should probably, hopefully, maybe work. Possibly.

I've never installed Windows from USB though. So IDK. Whatever ends up happening I hope you have fun with it haha.

-virtualtelegrams
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2023 @637.49 »

i acidentally uninstalled the. OS. guys?

Do you have a USB stick with a Windows 10 installer? If not, congratulations on your new cat warmer.

testtubesterone
Casual Poster ⚓︎

B:0P

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: testtubesterone
iMood: testtubesterone

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2023 @672.85 »

on a laptop i would not suggest dual booting! just because windows is a fairly heavy OS, you wont have much space for anything else! you could use some kind of external storage if you really wanted, but imo it's not worth it unless you are using a desktop or something that can handle running 2 OS

we must love one another! forever!
aspen ✦ he/zie/they/it ✦ androgyne lesbian
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: winrg
iMood: winrg
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2023 @693.10 »

i thought i had finally did it. and then guess what happened,

it gave me some error and i searched for an answer and none of it worked,.

I've only seen this issue on newer laptops. Did the laptop come running Windows 10 or Windows 11? If the latter, that's likely the culprit.

As for the entire goal, yeah, a clean install is best. Windows borderline refuses to install as the second entity in a dual-boot. It's always recommended to install Windows and then your Linux distro, to make life easier.

Where did you get the install ISO? The best spot is here, that is, assuming you have a spare machine to write the ISO with(check your local library!).

i'm aware of wine and grapefruit but the wine available on the kde app store doesn't even run? i tried to install it through the terminal and didn't work either

if, by this, you mean you ran just `wine`, yeah, that won't work. wine does nothing without an additional binary. last I checked, roblox has started blocking wine when it detects it. grapejuice seems to also be struggling with this, as the project's README currently states "🔴 Roblox not work currently. A new feature causes system integrity checks to fail on Wine. The result of this is that your client will crash after a couple of minutes of play time."

I hope some of that's helpful, and godspeed to your windows install attempts.
egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2023 @14.11 »

I've only seen this issue on newer laptops. Did the laptop come running Windows 10 or Windows 11? If the latter, that's likely the culprit.

As for the entire goal, yeah, a clean install is best. Windows borderline refuses to install as the second entity in a dual-boot. It's always recommended to install Windows and then your Linux distro, to make life easier.

Where did you get the install ISO? The best spot is here, that is, assuming you have a spare machine to write the ISO with(check your local library!).

if, by this, you mean you ran just `wine`, yeah, that won't work. wine does nothing without an additional binary. last I checked, roblox has started blocking wine when it detects it. grapejuice seems to also be struggling with this, as the project's README currently states "🔴 Roblox not work currently. A new feature causes system integrity checks to fail on Wine. The result of this is that your client will crash after a couple of minutes of play time."

I hope some of that's helpful, and godspeed to your windows install attempts.

nuh huh. im not touching diy system installs ever again

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 279
Views: 28049
Last post September 07, 2024 @123.48
by larvapuppy
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6383
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3903
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi