Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 27, 2024 - @53.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 35/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  how long had it been since you've been SUPER into something?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: how long had it been since you've been SUPER into something?  (Read 1586 times)
tallyhall
Casual Poster ⚓︎

funky! what a funky!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: spookoku
PicMix: lemondemon

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2024 @80.13 »

aughhh oh mannnn oh mannn

a few months ago i was super big into tallyhall again, much more than my last burst of interest in them. it lasted for a while, but its waned a bit now. i still love them, obviously, but its not so much of a "they occupy all of my thoughts" interest right now, but more of a "they mean a lot to me & i will ramble if you mention them" kinda thing.

probably my latest & greatest favourite thing is my oc though (aughhh!!!). i've been passively hyperfixating on him for two years, but it just picked up again now for Reasons Unspoken. i have fun though :)

candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2024 @180.84 »

I'm into comic-books since... 1995. Yeah. Not getting younger, eh ?  :ohdear:

It was always by my side, I've had a couple up and downs due to life situations like moving out, getting a job, wasting my time with social media, etc.

However, I never gave up completely. Before I had a job I couldn't buy everything I wanted, so I didn't bought comics every month and when I got my first paycheck I managed to fill the gaps. To to this day I still have some and I'm filling it little by little along buying new comics.

Unfortunately, I have nearly no one to talk about it and it frustrated me for a long time. At some point I tried to make it a revenue around ~2010 because the "Iron Man" movie got pretty popular and the Marvel Cinematic Universe was rising. I thought it would be the time of my life, I started a blog with adsense and everything, even prepared a youtube channel and a handful of social media account, but it never rose up like I wanted because for me, if it wasn't successful in a few weeks then it wasn't worth it. (yeah I was giga dumb to think like this)

So I restarted blog after blog thinking that this time it would be the good one. I made an instagram and tried to target as much people as possible but again, frustrated because no one seemed to care. Mid 2015 I thought it was a gigantic waste of time and while I was still buying I just wasn't into it anymore. I was feeling both shame and frustration, thinking that I'm not interesting and people didn't care about comic-books. Marvel movies felt like a nail in the coffin because around me a lot of people were excited by the movies and I was trying to push a little bit "You know, there's comics before movies.. If you read this or that it'll be nice" and get replies like "I'm talking about the movies, I don't care about comics" and I was super bummed.

In 2016 the thought of selling all my comic-books went through my head, I seriously considered emptying everything and moving onto something else that more people were into, like video games or mangas. I tried a bit of both but I just couldn't "feel" anything. It was nice reading something else or having a controller in the hands but that emptiness feeling was never satisfied.

I kept hesitating selling everything until 2018 where I made a post on a site where you can sell your personal stuff and listed everything with pictures. I got several calls and offers, but my gut was yelling inside "You're about to regret it, don't do it" and I was trying to convince myself that I wasn't into it and that it wouldn't be a big deal. I got a surprise visit from a friend that told me not to sell it. We had a long talk and they asked me to take down the post and read some, just in case.

I've started re-reading again and thought that in the end, it'd be sad if I sold everything. 2020 came and when COVID hit, I got to stay at home, reading comic-books every day and I realized that everything was fine. I didn't needed anything else beside a blanket and a stack of comics. In early 2022 I sold the ones that I didn't want to keep to make some space, and it really rekindled my love for comic-books.

I felt stupid for thinking about selling them. They were here from the start, they were here when I got bullied in middle-school, they were here when nothing else was there, they were here when everything was great. Why not going forward along them ?

Today I'm rather proud of my comic-books. Not because I have expensive issues or super rare variant covers. Because I really really like to read them, multiple times even. I don't need much beside those. I'm reaching a point in life where I see a lot of my friends trying to find a new hobby or wanting to buy something expensive like a sports car, a cool motorbike, a secondary home, etc. And I'm really happy and satisfied with my stacks of paper pages.

That's why I started my NeoCities, since I didn't cared if no one read it. I'm the one who reads and who enjoys it. If someone finds me and thinks it's cool, then nice. I don't want to hide my content behind a 20 minute video on youtube, an instagram account or a patreon. I love comic-books and my website is mostly a database and a love-letter to my hobby than anything else.

that's really sweet! i never got into comics myself but i can see why you like them so much :) and im glad it indirectly got you here through the neocities site

I hyperfixate on things a lot due to my neurodivergence but It usually only lasts a few weeks. I'd say the last time I was really into something for a long time was when I was in pre-k to third grade. I was OBSESSED with these collectible dolls , I even memorized every one of their names [there were around 500 of them at the time] and collected around 80. But I lost interest in around fourth grade.

same!! like every time i start a new game i get hyperfixated on it for a few weeks before being burned out. long term game fixations are pretty rare, but i memorized the details about every phoenix wright case if that means anything

also i have /always/ been obsessed with slimes

new to oldnet be nice

crow-queen
Casual Poster ⚓︎

i like cute things

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: crowqueen

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2024 @463.65 »

i've been really interested in lolita fashion since late 2022
i wear it regularly, have brands and people i support, and have had a pretty good understanding of the trends the past 2 years - while many people have an interest in documenting the fashion, i have more of an interest in tracking the trends
i chat with friends about the fashion online and have met some of my online friends at real life events, which is really cool
and me and a couple of friends are working together to create an inclusive discord community for people who wear the fashion too

since 2022 some of the trends i have noticed have been:
black is always popular
white is not especially popular currently but has been a longstanding presence
light blue was quite popular towards the end of 2022 and first half of 2023 due to the mizuiro trend but fell out of fashion pretty quick, it never really took off outside of Japan
purple has been popular in the western gothic lolita community but is just beginning to decline in popularity as it became potentially a little oversaturated

teal is potentially the colour that will take over from purple in the western gothic lolita community. this is nice because it coordinates really well with purple.

pink gothic has been slowly coming in but probably won't take any solid ground. i really love this one so it was a little disappointing that it didn't take off as well as i expected.

Marble and And Romeo are both doing better in the western community than they were. previously they had been heavily associated with replicas but now they are less associated with this. although they still have a lot of haters.

people in the western gothic lolita community tend to prefer knee length skirts, whereas people in the chinese community tend to prefer mini length skirts. in japan there is a wide range of preferred skirt lengths from mini to maxi, knee length is most popular but mini length is most fashionable right now. midi length is usually people looking for a more mature style, and maxi is generally (though not always) more of a gothic or aristocrat style than gothic lolita.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024 @468.02 by crow-queen » Logged

boyrotting
Casual Poster

literally kel omori

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: merry-bad-end

View Profile

Literally Kel OmoriJoined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2024 @137.79 »

Zero seconds. I love Omori so much it's not even funny. It has literally taken over my brain. I could rant about the whole plot for HOURS  with no break. If you're an Omori fan hmu  :wink: I will never stop talking about it.

I HOPE THAT OUR FEW REMAINGING FRIENDS GIVE UP ON TRYING TO SAVE US
FE1NT
Casual Poster

me when i huh

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: FE1NT

View Profile WWW

Graphic DesignerJoined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2024 @256.23 »

i'm one of those people that can be REALLY into something for like two weeks, then drop it for a bit, just for a change of pace. i've been playing a TON of Warframe lately (just reached ~750 hours), but just recently spent a few days off the game to give myself a break. i'm focusing more now on my graphic art and learning a bit more about Linux, since i wanna move off Windows sooner than later.

that being said, i could ramble about that stupid game all day. :dog:
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2024 @844.94 »

I think I just came down from the high of my most recent obsession.

At this point I have several key interests that I rotate through ever so often, and this time I had my CANAAN phase. But I don't know what happened - it hit me SO hard. For several days I would listen to the same playlist over and over and just daydream about various shit. If other people were talking to me my brain would shut down what they said because it was thinking too loudly to listen. Normally I have some background noise on but now I would turn it off to put all my brainpower into thinking - it was that fun. At some point the music tickled my brain in such a specific way that I wondered if that is what using cocaine would feel like. :wizard:

After five-ish days the obsession finally faded a bit; I can think about other things now. Maybe seeing the €80 worth of purchases I made a few days ago helped sobering me up too... #treatyourself

Box Prophet
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big, Buff, and Super Tough!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: BoxProphet

View Profile WWW

Beetle EnjoyerJoined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2024 @868.09 »

My current hyperfixation is web revival, actually! Before that, it'd... been a while... I'm beginning to suspect I may have seasonal depression during the summer.  :sad:

But I'm super thrilled to finally be back in the swing of things!

testtubesterone
Casual Poster ⚓︎

B:0P

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: testtubesterone
iMood: testtubesterone

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2024 @632.04 »

we haven't really had a traditional "special interest" for the past year or two... our last one was Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul and it lasted a good couple months, and before that was Lupin III which lasted over a year. we haven't really attached to any particular media since then in the same way... it almost feels empty? there's a brba/bcs/lupin iii shaped hole in my heart </3

MUSIC has always been a biiiiiiig interest. Genre preferences change but I never fully grow out of a genre lol. I spend at least a couple hours every day just listening to music, especially when i'm walking around campus

but outside of media-specific spins, we have always been extremely interested in psychology, and the lack of media special interests lines up with us starting college and actually taking psych classes. because each class is basically just my special interest infodump time, i can lock the fuck in and get really into it. i've been enjoying it so much that we added a sociology major on top of our psych major!

fucking around on the web/webmastering is also a special interest of ours!! but outside of that our special interests are more just... vague concepts? we are super into life & being alive & the breadth of the human experience, as well as genderqueerness & multigendered identities.
sometimes we struggle to talk about our special interests because they don't align with what seems to be normative... i feel like a lot of neurodivergent people online heavily focus on media so when our spins arent media we don't see many people talking about similar experiences
« Last Edit: September 20, 2024 @634.40 by testtubesterone » Logged

we must love one another! forever!
aspen ✦ he/zie/they/it ✦ androgyne lesbian
halcybutton
Jr. Member ⚓︎

i may be cringe but i am free

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: halcybutton
iMood: halcybutton
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2024 @786.02 »

i can always go on long tangents about parasitology, sharks, mass effect, pokemon, and/or house m.d. they take up a large part of my brain ^_^ as for being completely engrossed in something that isn't like, a lifelong intense interest like those i just listed, my last one was golden kamuy. i'd say that fixation was at least a year ago at this point, maybe two. it's very empty not having something i can completely lose myself in, but nothing i've tried since then has flipped the switch like golden kamuy (and other former fixations) did.

HALCYON 
it/he/ey - EST
ennui
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mood indigo

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: ennui

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2024 @145.98 »

it's been... awhile. unfortunately i don't think i have the mental/emotional energy anymore to obsess over things like i used to.  :ohdear:

Burl

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2024 @858.91 »

it's been... awhile. unfortunately i don't think i have the mental/emotional energy anymore to obsess over things like i used to.  :ohdear:

I feel that, it gets worse as I age as well. Working full time with a family makes it's hard to have anything left over by the end of a day, but that's life I guess. I'm getting super into this web revival however and it's inspiring me to work on some creative personal projects.
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2024 @969.35 »

I feel that, it gets worse as I age as well. Working full time with a family makes it's hard to have anything left over by the end of a day, but that's life I guess. I'm getting super into this web revival however and it's inspiring me to work on some creative personal projects.

Yeah, I feel like my anxiety gets in the way of enjoying stuff a lot of the times. I really do want to keep pushing myself to do the webreival stuff though!!

new to oldnet be nice

nlolnlolnlo

it's the end of the world and i'm driving around

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2024 @546.05 »

its been a while since ive really been able to get myself invested into something the way i have in the past. its a good thing on some level but also kind of unfortunate because i dont have much going on and it gets boring :P

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Long, shortened, and midrange domains pros and cons list

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 2951
Last post September 17, 2024 @261.19
by FE1NT
Supercade - Book Review!

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 2
Views: 1311
Last post March 20, 2022 @85.47
by Kutan
SMBX / Super Mario Bros. X

Started by MemoryBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 5
Views: 1099
Last post January 11, 2023 @202.34
by Memory

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi