Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @268.59 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Excited to find my people!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Excited to find my people!  (Read 465 times)
RadDevon
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 30, 2023 @746.84 »

Hey, everyone. 👋 I'm Devon. I love video games, technology, and the internet. Right now, I'm looking for the right place to settle down. Once I've found it, I would like to push back against the urban planning trends that have destroyed American cities over the last 70 years.

I'm not too crazy about the direction the internet has taken either, and I'm excited to explore the part of the web that isn't a giant shopping mall. Up until recently, I thought that part had disappeared years go, but I'm learning it's alive and well!

My site is at devon.lol. It's so cool to find a non-commercial web site that's about something you love. When I write for my site, I not only get the satisfaction of putting my ideas into words, for strangers to potentially find, but I get to imagine some of them feeling a little of that excitement when they find my site. It's like we have this little connection across space and time. That spark of electricity you feel when you find someone who is weird in the same ways you are.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023 @907.15 »

Hi Devon, welcome to the forum!

Ohh I traveled around the US by rail a few years ago, and arrived in cities on train.. it was shocking how natural and well designed it felt compared to most other forms of transport. It was really a joy; Washington DC particularly felt like a city that had been designed for rail! I guess as soon as cars came in that all when to heck in a hand cart!

Rrrr I don't like cars one bit, or wheely bins! Who the heck thought it would be a good idea to drive a truck through every street in the world at 6am loudly emptying individual plastic bins for every house! Cant we do something better??

RRRRrrrrr I hope you enjoy the forum rrrrr  :tongue:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
RadDevon
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023 @215.59 »

I'm with you! I'm taking rail between cities every time it's practical for me.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi