This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @891.01
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Netflix's Cowboy Bebop


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Netflix's Cowboy Bebop  (Read 1797 times)
Memory
Guest

« on: Winter, 31 Jan 2023 @182 » Embed

Did anyone else think the new live action Cowboy Bebop series was better than most people gave it credit for?

I love the anime but I didn't want a recreation of the same thing in live action. I wanted an original take on the same material and that's exactly what I got. The style was the same, but the story and characters were different enough that I couldn't see what was coming while still being close enough to the original that they're instantly recognizable. I think that's exactly what you want in a remake or reimagining. If you want something exactly like the original, why not just watch the original?

Above all else, I think the casting was perfect. As soon as I heard John Cho was involved, before reading the article I immediately thought "he's gotta be Spike". And despite not being black in the anime, Mustafa Shakir still looked and sounded so much like Jet that it was uncanny. He was totally perfect in the role.

Some of the things they changed didn't work, and some of the controversy was justified. But overall I think the series got way more hate than it deserved.

« Last Edit: Winter, 31 Jan 2023 @184 by Memory » Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe