Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @392.22 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 36/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | |-+  Digital pets (of the hardware kind)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Digital pets (of the hardware kind)  (Read 1848 times)
Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Welcome Soup!Joined 2023!
« on: March 02, 2023 @826.81 »

Not neopets or webkins, the hardware kind like tamagotchi and digimon! Does anyone still enjoys them?
Share your virtual pets from past, present and future

I am an avid fan, my two current favorites are these two:

Some nameless chinese variation, its very offbrand but its super cute, you can even buy a car XD

Digimon vital bracelet:

I personally call it "tamagotchi for adults" because you dont have to feed or clean after your digimon and it trains and gains status by YOU exercising in real life, yes, its a tamagotchi merged with a fitness smartband. My only complaint is that I dont like how you have to buy extra digimons if you want them all, let alone the fact that they are pretty expensive but I can`t say no to renamon, sorry!

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023 @69.80 »

Man, you are just hitting all of my interests! I love digital pets! I think the square one you have is known as a QPet--I have one that's similar, but it's a newer version. I love it and I've had a ton of fun playing through it.

I'm super interested in the vital bracelet, but I don't really think I'd spend the money on it tbh. I also kind of like the Tamagotchi Smarts, but they're much larger and only in Japanese  :notgood:

Anyway, at the moment I'm playing with a Giga Pet Unicorn and an old Micro Dino from Radioshack. I've been planning on making a page for my collection for a while, but I haven't done it yet.

Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023 @541.25 »

@TheFrugalGamer
 :transport:  :transport:

You are right! I checked the manual and it is indeed a QPet XD Is yours in chinese? I got another one that I think its a newer version because it has more features (e.g:you can dress your pet) but its only in chinese so I ended up getting the one in the picture that at least allows to change to english

I didn`t know about gigapet, I will have to check it out :eyes:

Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023 @616.28 »

Share your virtual pets from past, present and future

i've got a 20th anniversary digivice that i impulse-bought at target a few months ago. it was in my favorite color scheme (toxic fluorescent green and pink) so i had to get it!

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023 @622.03 »

@TheFrugalGamer
 :transport:  :transport:

You are right! I checked the manual and it is indeed a QPet XD Is yours in chinese? I got another one that I think its a newer version because it has more features (e.g:you can dress your pet) but its only in chinese so I ended up getting the one in the picture that at least allows to change to english

I didn`t know about gigapet, I will have to check it out :eyes:

I think my QPet is in English, but it doesn't have the ability to dress up the pets. I do have a Hatchihoni that's in Chinese and lets you dress up, but the pets are all zodiac characters. I actually really love both of them, and I've been thinking about getting a few others to see if the gameplay on them is all the same. It's kind of hard to tell them apart, since they're all unoffical!

Gigapets are super fun! They only have one pet on them, but they're very well done, both the vintage ones and the newer remakes they've been doing lately.

Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023 @650.06 »

I think my QPet is in English, but it doesn't have the ability to dress up the pets. I do have a Hatchihoni that's in Chinese and lets you dress up, but the pets are all zodiac characters. I actually really love both of them, and I've been thinking about getting a few others to see if the gameplay on them is all the same. It's kind of hard to tell them apart, since they're all unoffical!

Gigapets are super fun! They only have one pet on them, but they're very well done, both the vintage ones and the newer remakes they've been doing lately.

Ex-cu-se-me you actually went to all the trouble of translating and writing this guide!? I love it, I need to get one now T_T

Sadly I dont think mine is a Hatchioni, it looks like this but the gameplay sound like pretty much the same

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023 @651.62 »

Oh yeeeeeeas! Writing reviews is one of my favorite things to do!

Yeah, the pet on yours looks like a QPet, but the icons look different than the one I have. Weird! I do love the square form factor--I'll have to pick one up and compare it to the two I have and maybe even write a review of that too!

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023 @654.19 »

Digimon vital bracelet:

I personally call it "tamagotchi for adults" because you dont have to feed or clean after your digimon and it trains and gains status by YOU exercising in real life, yes, its a tamagotchi merged with a fitness smartband. My only complaint is that I dont like how you have to buy extra digimons if you want them all, let alone the fact that they are pretty expensive but I can`t say no to renamon, sorry!

WOAH this is so cool, can anyone on here please let me know more virtual pet watches this is such a niche market i need fulfilled in my life. considering getting one but i dont want it centered around exercise xD

was considering getting a regular watch before this but it would be nice to have a fun one

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2023 @668.00 »

Oh yeeeeeeas! Writing reviews is one of my favorite things to do!

Yeah, the pet on yours looks like a QPet, but the icons look different than the one I have. Weird! I do love the square form factor--I'll have to pick one up and compare it to the two I have and maybe even write a review of that too!

Please do!  :eyes:  :eyes:

@dotmidi
Don't let the exercise part disencourage you, there are plenty of ways to cheat since it's a toy first and a fitness gadget second, for example if it tells you to do 10 dashes/punches/etc you can simply shake your arm really strong, it will count the same!
Heres a nice guide and a video if you want to know more ^^

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2023 @681.27 »

@dotmidi
Don't let the exercise part disencourage you, there are plenty of ways to cheat since it's a toy first and a fitness gadget second, for example if it tells you to do 10 dashes/punches/etc you can simply shake your arm really strong, it will count the same!
Heres a nice guide and a video if you want to know more ^^

Ooh alright, I'll have to consider it! Was just curious if there were any others because I only watched the digimon anime and I feel like if I had the watch someone would find out im a fake fan xD

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2023 @689.33 »

Ooh alright, I'll have to consider it! Was just curious if there were any others because I only watched the digimon anime and I feel like if I had the watch someone would find out im a fake fan xD

But!!
The virtual pet IS the original source, the anime came after it so you will be a truest fan than somebody who just watched the anime xD
By the way I dont believe in such a thing as 'fake fan'. Do you like it? Then you are a fan, end of discussion and just bite whoever says otherwise  :unite:

There's also Tamagotchi Smarts but its japanese only

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2023 @691.85 »

But!!
The virtual pet IS the original source, the anime came after it so you will be a truest fan than somebody who just watched the anime xD
By the way I dont believe in such a thing as 'fake fan'. Do you like it? Then you are a fan, end of discussion and just bite whoever says otherwise  :unite:

There's also Tamagotchi Smarts but its japanese only

Hmm this IS true, well, I guess I'll have to see if the watch peaks my interest, if anyone knows any other fun game-watches let me know though I would love to see all the kinds there are.. so far I think this is the only one i've seen!

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2023 @878.48 »

I'm now deeply interested in this! Can anyone set me on a path of where to buy these? I'd assume most online retailers but if there is a specialized or better place I'd love to know!  :omg:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2023 @923.68 »

I'm now deeply interested in this! Can anyone set me on a path of where to buy these? I'd assume most online retailers but if there is a specialized or better place I'd love to know!  :omg:

Do you mean any in particular?
I got mine from aliexpress, the square one is a chinese brand, I can give you the link for the one where you can change the pet language to english so you dont have any nasty surprises XD
The watch is also from aliexpress, I know they have quite a spread of bootlegs but this one is legit

EDIT:
oh oh! The pink chinese one is called Tamagezi!
Here`s a guide: https://tamatown.com/guides/tamagezi/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023 @938.88 by necrosia » Logged

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2023 @167.16 »

Do you mean any in particular?
I got mine from aliexpress, the square one is a chinese brand, I can give you the link for the one where you can change the pet language to english so you dont have any nasty surprises XD
The watch is also from aliexpress, I know they have quite a spread of bootlegs but this one is legit

EDIT:
oh oh! The pink chinese one is called Tamagezi!
Here`s a guide: https://tamatown.com/guides/tamagezi/

Literally any! I'm now diving deep into the world of aliexpress and knock off digital pets. Thank you for the guide!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4834
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1564
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision
What kind of phone do you have?

Started by GuestBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 27
Views: 2351
Last post February 04, 2023 @974.39
by tom

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi