Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @322.94 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 79/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | |-+  Digital pets (of the hardware kind)

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Digital pets (of the hardware kind)  (Read 1923 times)
zj
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2023 @666.72 »

Oh my god I LOVE these things!! Apart from my dear lil tamagotchis, I have a LPS digipet (term i just made up lol) and omg the nostalgia is INTENSE. Here's a pic of the kind I have (released in 2005, photo snagged from the net cause I cant be rsed to take a pic rn lol

Maan upon searching the net for that pic I just found soo many other cool ones!! There are so many funky shapes and colors ahhh

I may have just found my next obsession XD

Did any of you guys have one of these?

And speaking of tamagotchis.. A boy my after-school daycare (school-run, fritids in swedish? not sure how to translate) had the same tamagotchi model as me :D we would play sooo many minigames together!! It was soo much fun and I wish I could have done more multiplayer on the LPS :')
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023 @668.38 by zj » Logged

why dontcha have a peek at my site :eyes:
(23 years old)
this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click to feed him :3
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2023 @963.08 »

@zj, I picked one of those up a while ago, but had never played them in my childhood. They are very cute! The one I got (the turtle) doesn't seem to have any pet-like functions, but it does have a very extensive map that spans multiple screens and contains an absolute ton of minigames. I've been meaning to do a write up in my pet database or via my blog at some point.

zj
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2023 @609.75 »

@zj, I picked one of those up a while ago, but had never played them in my childhood. They are very cute! The one I got (the turtle) doesn't seem to have any pet-like functions, but it does have a very extensive map that spans multiple screens and contains an absolute ton of minigames. I've been meaning to do a write up in my pet database or via my blog at some point.

Yeah mine's map is also quite extensive, and there are so many minigames I loved going on adventures on mine :3

That's a cool idea!! Will make sure to check it out if you do make one :)

why dontcha have a peek at my site :eyes:
(23 years old)
this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click to feed him :3
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2023 @264.05 »

I had a picture of all 3 of my Tamagotchis together but uh, I guess I deleted it? welp.
here's a picture of my Pac-Man nano...

I have a nano, a regular, and a ON. I love the ON but it feels like it runs through batteries way too fast. even with rechargeable... gah. I was juggling taking care of all 3 of them but eventually it got overwhelming and I gave up. I also bought one of the Digimon ones but haven't even pulled the tab out of it. unboxed it and then it just sat around. one day
devils
Full Member ⚓︎

Oh? What's that?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2023 @680.05 »

I used to be really into virtual pets like these as a kid, but exchanged them for browser-based ones later... however, I recently bought an original (well, the 2018 re-release, but still) Tamagotchi and I fell in love with these things all over again!

I actually bought Tamagotchi Uni yesterday, I'm really excited to get it! I wonder if my old LPS v-pet and Pixel Chix are stored somewhere in the basement of my dad's house...

Remember to eat dessert <3
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2023 @817.72 »

I want to make my own digipet someday!

Like purchase components (screen, board (esp32 or pi), speaker, etc,) design a shell and buttons to 3d print, and create the game myself using something like Godot.

It would be such a cool project to make your own! 

wetnoodle
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2023 @762.71 »

This is my flipper, it's a handy lil multi tool for tech stuff, I have my TV and audio reciever remotes saved in it and all the amiibo nfc codes are saved in it and it can emulate them for switch games. It does a ton of other stuff but those are my favorite features, other than it being a cute lil dolphin tamagotchiesque device!

pinkvampyr
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
iMood: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2023 @842.51 »

Here's the two tama's I currently have, the Pix Party and the Uni! I've decided I'm going to start collecting vpets so I'm def gonna look into the ones on this thread :D

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2023 @684.68 »

This is my flipper, it's a handy lil multi tool for tech stuff, I have my TV and audio reciever remotes saved in it and all the amiibo nfc codes are saved in it and it can emulate them for switch games. It does a ton of other stuff but those are my favorite features, other than it being a cute lil dolphin tamagotchiesque device!

OH MAN MY DAD HAS ONE OF THESE TOO!!  :ozwomp: he's a hgue nerd  :ok:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4983
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1631
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision
What kind of phone do you have?

Started by GuestBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 27
Views: 2424
Last post February 04, 2023 @974.39
by tom

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi