Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @488.60
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: inconvenience is counterculture :eyes: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Hiya!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Hiya!  (Read 1206 times)
Coby Cat
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Spring, 16 May 2023 @311 » Toggle Font Embed

*taps microphone*

Is this thing on? Ah, hem-hem.

Hiya, I'm Coby Cat. I can't say my personal site is as exciting or pretty as many I've seen here. It mostly consists of a few short articles on relatively niche subjects for now. I doubt many people will be interested in that stuff, but the primary audience for my website is myself. :evil:

Any similarity between my site mascot (or maybe even fursona) and a certain company's popular fictional rodent is entirely intentional, I assure you. :ok: And I suppose it's also very clear that I'm strongly interested in (a subsection of) that company's creative output. My other interests include animation in general, retro gaming, physical media, architecture, and pretty much all stuff I feel nostalgic about. I like listening to 80s pop music and genres that start with Euro, but I'm trying to broaden my musical horizons a bit.

« Last Edit: Spring, 16 May 2023 @380 by Coby Cat » Logged
devils
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


very cool very swag i like it
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
black n red yappin kittayFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 16 May 2023 @370 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome to the forum!

Can't say I'm a big fan of modern Disney, but the classics are just that: classic. I actually find your articles to be pretty neat. The Donaldson brand just took me years back, I remember visiting France when I was a kid and plenty of people were wearing similar clothes (if not from the same brand). That's to be expected though, with Disneyland Paris and all...

I think making your website for yourself first is an awesome attitude to have. I also like your character, eheh.

Logged

:dog:
webmaster_m
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 16 May 2023 @536 » Embed

Hey there! I'm a big animation enthusiast myself.  :smile:

Have you watched defunctland at all? It's a great series on youtube that goes into the lore/history of abandoned disney rides and forgotten films.

Logged
Coby Cat
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 16 May 2023 @607 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome to the forum!

Can't say I'm a big fan of modern Disney, but the classics are just that: classic. I actually find your articles to be pretty neat. The Donaldson brand just took me years back, I remember visiting France when I was a kid and plenty of people were wearing similar clothes (if not from the same brand). That's to be expected though, with Disneyland Paris and all...

I think making your website for yourself first is an awesome attitude to have. I also like your character, eheh.
Oh yes, it's very possible that they may have been wearing Donaldson! While crawling the web in search of information I encountered many people from France talking about it.

Hey there! I'm a big animation enthusiast myself.  :smile:

Have you watched defunctland at all? It's a great series on youtube that goes into the lore/history of abandoned disney rides and forgotten films.
Oh yes, I've been subscribed for quite a while now.

Some random other related channels I enjoy are Dreamsounds (Disney music intersected with queer history, unfortunately ending soon) and  Larzland (guy built a bit of Fantasyland in his basement).

Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 16 May 2023 @625 » Toggle Font Embed

Hi Coby, welcome to the forum  :ha:

I’ll have to have a snoop of your site later! MelonLand wasn’t originally inspired by Disneyland, it was more meant as a declaration like “this land is ours” BUT I did visit Disneyland a few month after starting my site and was VERY inspired by Disneyland from that point onward  :grin: I love the original idea of a utopian space of fantasy!

Early animation is amazing, I particularly love the Fleischer animations (Betty Boop).

Have you been to the Disney Family museum in San Francisco? It’s totally worth a trip!

Hope you enjoy the forum!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

EDIT: from your euro clothing articles
Quote
Mickey's replacement, a "meaningless dog" according to Szwarcburt, adorned the ephemeral last collection, which was only in stores for two months
Please find a picture of the dog  :omg:

« Last Edit: Spring, 16 May 2023 @637 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Coby Cat
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: Spring, 17 May 2023 @991 » Toggle Font Embed

Hi Coby, welcome to the forum  :ha:

I’ll have to have a snoop of your site later! MelonLand wasn’t originally inspired by Disneyland, it was more meant as a declaration like “this land is ours” BUT I did visit Disneyland a few month after starting my site and was VERY inspired by Disneyland from that point onward  :grin: I love the original idea of a utopian space of fantasy!

Early animation is amazing, I particularly love the Fleischer animations (Betty Boop).

Have you been to the Disney Family museum in San Francisco? It’s totally worth a trip!

Hope you enjoy the forum!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎
I've unfortunately never even set foot on the American continent. Maybe someday.
EDIT: from your euro clothing articles Please find a picture of the dog  :omg:
There's very little information left, but I did manage to dig out a small picture in the newspaper archives.
https://static.standaard.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2007/12/19/BBC2_GMM1LHJG6.1+Coquelet.jpg

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe