Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @390.84 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  one more newbie in town

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: one more newbie in town  (Read 515 times)
grovyle

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: May 31, 2023 @653.39 »

Hey everyone! I'm new here!

The best memories I have on the internet are on forums, so when I found out this one existed, I had to sign up immediately  :cheesy: I'm trying to go on the internet revealing as little info about myself as I can to get back the sense of safety that has been lost on me since social media started to be a widespread thing, so not sure what I want to say here hehe

I love pokémon, mo dao zu shi, anime in general, nintendo, animals/nature (I grew up watching animal planet 24/7 lol) and I'm getting back into reading regularly after the pandemic destroyed my attention span, which has been very exciting!!

English isn't my first language and even if I'm basically bilingual at this point, I might still find myself misinterpreting something, so let's be patient with one another  :dive: I'm 20-something years old, and I've been misgendered since day one on forums even if I clearly stated my gender so I won't do it anymore, curious to see what pronouns people use for me on here  :omg:

I'm hoping to make new friends in here, since leaving most social media platforms I've lost touch with most of my internet friends  :sad:

See y'all around!! Can't wait to start posting  :4u:
EtherealSerah
Casual Poster ⚓︎

She/Her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023 @666.35 »

Welcome to the forums! I love the communities I'm part of on Discord but there is something special about the flow of conversation on a good forum, isn't there? Much more relaxed pace than anything that's come since.

What have you been reading? :)

missmoss
Newbie ⚓︎

hewwo uwu

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023 @758.21 »

omg it's a real Grovyle?? that's so cool can you show us your fury cutter?

Maker of Webgardens, lover of chocolate
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023 @939.78 »

Welcome to the forums! I love the communities I'm part of on Discord but there is something special about the flow of conversation on a good forum, isn't there? Much more relaxed pace than anything that's come since.

What have you been reading? :)

There sure is! I've tried so hard to get into discord but I just haven't been able to. I'm a forum worm at heart and it's too diferent from this for me :(

I'm reading two books currently, one's named Women's Barracks by Tereska Torrès, it's translated from french and it tells the story of a group of women that join the army during WW2. It's from 1960 and I don't do well with classics usually but this one I'm liking! A few of the characters are queer so that's a plus for me  :smile: The other one hasn't been published yet, it's called These days are numbered and it's a pandemic memoir from a woman that lives in the most populated neighborhood in Toronto. A nice change of pace from Women's Barracks since it's more fast paced hehe

Thank you for the welcome!  :4u:
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023 @940.50 »

omg it's a real Grovyle?? that's so cool can you show us your fury cutter?

Sorry, only leaf blade on weekdays  :ziped: 
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2023 @23.25 »

Hi welcome to the forum!!  :ha:

Generation 3 pokemon are the best pokemon IMO! (Ok that's bias because I enjoyed those games the most)!

I think Im pre-animal planet, but I remember my grandparents had national geographic (before it got crappy) and I used to love watching animal and nature documentaries all day - its actually SO hard to find good nature documentaries now! Whats your favourite type of biome?

I am going to assume that your gender is grovyle.

Hope you enjoy the forum!!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2023 @150.09 »

Hi welcome to the forum!!  :ha:

Generation 3 pokemon are the best pokemon IMO! (Ok that's bias because I enjoyed those games the most)!

I think Im pre-animal planet, but I remember my grandparents had national geographic (before it got crappy) and I used to love watching animal and nature documentaries all day - its actually SO hard to find good nature documentaries now! Whats your favourite type of biome?

I am going to assume that your gender is grovyle.

Hope you enjoy the forum!!

Thank you so much!! :melon: :melon:

My first pokémon game was Ruby so I might be a tiny bit biased as well lol. Have you played the 3DS remakes? I literally SOBBED when I booted Omega Ruby and the intro started. Us Hoenn babies have been truly blessed by the remake lottery :loved:

I haven't been able to find a good nature documentary in a while, now that you mention it. Maybe we're just less surprisable? I remember going bananas for videos of giraffes fighting back then, and now nothing brings out that response in me haha. I love tropical jungles! My dream trip is to the Iguazú falls in Argentina, not much because of the waterfalls per se, but because they're on the edge of the Amazon rainforest so there's lots of opportunities to see random creatures, along with some national parks and reserves/sanctuaries. Zoboomafoo taught me what a coati is and I REFUSE to look back since!!

I hereby decree my gender to be grovyle. Long live leafy lizard guy :unite:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi