Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @306.85 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  uh, hi.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: uh, hi.  (Read 499 times)
Memory
« on: June 21, 2023 @572.37 »

uh. am I am odd one out? I don't have a neocities site. I found this forum via someone's site. I'm very fond of old web stuff, but making my own site is very daunting. especially with my ADHD, lack of patience, and struggles with retention. I have a cute little carrd page, but that's all. the first site I joined online at 13 was a Sonic/Amy forum. I searched my old username a while back, and found out it's still around? with all of the old posts. embarrassing!

uh. anyway! hello! I'm Churi. you can also call me moon if you like, or if it's easier. uh. I'm a socially anxious autistic nerd on the internet. I really like video games, Lego Bionicle, itemLabel, and San-X.

robkies
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023 @662.92 »

yo welcome to moonland forum. i joined like three days ago and felt in a similar way, but there's nothing to worry about, really. also, if you wanna try making a website, then yeah, it can be a bit daunting at first. you should try using sadgrl's layout builder. it's easy to use and can learn a lot about making websites by modifying the code. it's the one i use for my website, here https://sadgrl.online/projects/layout-builder/
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023 @669.93 »

Welcome welcome!!! Enjoy your stay!

I had the opposite experience with Carrd, I never was able to understand its interface when I tried to make one a couple years ago, but I took to HTML pretty quickly  :ok:

Memory
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023 @688.73 »

yo welcome to moonland forum. i joined like three days ago and felt in a similar way, but there's nothing to worry about, really. also, if you wanna try making a website, then yeah, it can be a bit daunting at first. you should try using sadgrl's layout builder. it's easy to use and can learn a lot about making websites by modifying the code. it's the one i use for my website, here https://sadgrl.online/projects/layout-builder/

ooh, that's nifty. thanks for letting me know about it! idk if I really wanna venture into the making a site thing but that's still super cool.

Welcome welcome!!! Enjoy your stay!

I had the opposite experience with Carrd, I never was able to understand its interface when I tried to make one a couple years ago, but I took to HTML pretty quickly  :ok:

well, we're all different. carrd is simple, yet kind of clunky. the simplicity works for me, haha. I just saw so many people with 'em, wanted to make my own so I did. but it's just a real small thing.
kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023 @936.08 »

Welcome Welcome! I hope you enjoy the forum! :grin:

I felt the same way about neocities at first. There were so many possibilities I just got overwhelmed and didn't use my site for over a year. :ohdear: I second sadgrl's resources, plus several webcrafters have their own resource pages so just keep exploring! If it's still too daunting, you might also check out vistaserv. It's to neocities what carrd is to wix. Same little homepage concept as carrd, but it's all html and css like neocities. Might be a little easier on the brain.  :ok:

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023 @85.21 »

Hello odd one out  :tongue: Welcome to the forum  :4u:

Ah yes, making a site can be a big task to get into; I have some guides in my welcome pack - but a super simple site is also https://mmm.page - I don't really recommend a layout for beginners, it makes things more confusing without really helping you learn much - its better to have a simple site in keeping with your skills; but try things out and see what you enjoy working with!

Hope u enjoy the forum  :ha:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Memory
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023 @152.50 »

Hello odd one out  :tongue: Welcome to the forum  :4u:

Ah yes, making a site can be a big task to get into; I have some guides in my welcome pack - but a super simple site is also https://mmm.page - I don't really recommend a layout for beginners, it makes things more confusing without really helping you learn much - its better to have a simple site in keeping with your skills; but try things out and see what you enjoy working with!

Hope u enjoy the forum  :ha:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

yooooooooo. mmm.page def interests me, thanks for pointing me in that direction! :omg:
and thanks for the welcome! cool place. I've always liked being a part of forums.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi