Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 15, 2024 - @436.10 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 51/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork  (Read 291 times)
Uprising

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 06, 2023 @96.27 »

Hi everyone, I'm Uprising or Riz and I'm a 33-year-old Earth native living in NYC. I love cats, and I enjoy the writing of Robert Anton Wilson, Ursula K. LeGuin, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, and Alan Moore among others. There is a cool RAW webring here if you are interested: https://new-trajectories.com/

I also enjoy 70s glam rock, 80s goth, proto-punk, early punk, and post-punk, New Wave, no wave, witchhouse and more.

The book I've given away most often is The Magic by Rhonda Byrne, which is easily found through any search engine in digital form. I HIGHLY recommend giving it a read!

I hope to learn, meet some cool new people, and maybe make a few friends here!
 :unite:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To Man...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023 @120.61 »

Hi Riz, welcome to the forum  :ha:

If you don't mind my saying; you seem like a person who's searching for something; I hope you find it!

Im afraid the only name I know is Pratchett, but I looked up some of the others and they all seem super intriguing - what would you say is the common thread that draws you to particular authors?

I lived in NYC for a while too; its a rough place to live (particularly with no money) but Id go back if I could!

Hope u enjoy your time here  :cheerR:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Barbs
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023 @341.85 »

Hi Riz! You have a good taste in writers and music! I’ve only recently gotten into Ursula’s work, I’m halfway through The Left Hand of Darkness and I’m enjoying it a lot. Good Omens by Neil and Terry is also still on my to read pile! I watched the new season of the tv show last week and enjoyed it immensely.
Who are your favorite musical artists?

See you around!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi