Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @597.18 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!!  (Read 496 times)
Neguuy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« on: November 08, 2023 @258.08 »

Hello everyone!!

I'm Neguuy, currently 22 years old, and a French furry.  :dog:
My main passion and area of expertise is video games (and their music), and I'm super interested in gaming history. I love many many games from all periods.
I also collect various interests and generally don't do much of anything with them, those include: computers!! (old and new, but I really like looking at pictures of old computers specifically. I also built my own PC, with a CD-ROM drive inside), movies, languages, history & geography, trivia, food, animals, and most things nerdy. I also make small edits on Wikipedia sometimes. I love wikis.

I have my own website which I started 21 days ago (if I remember correctly!!). I'd wanted to make one for a while because I was sick of Twitter and modern corporate Internet, and I'd played Hypnospace Outlaw at that time which gave me the last push I needed to get started. Hypnospace Outlaw is a super cool game where you mostly browse Internet pages in a fictional 1999 with the associated GeoCities aesthetics. It really made an impression on me because that 1999 felt like the future was new and exciting, and all the web pages felt like they were made by real people.
And my experience on Neocities so far has been exactly like that! It's been one of the coolest and most exciting things for me, like, ever. I decided to join this webring that also looks incredibly cool because I figured it was time to join a community, both to discuss and perhaps get some tips on website making (I'm a beginner!!) from like-minded people. Speaking of it, my website is SUPER under construction so uh if you see broken stuff currently, that's normal. I'm working on my home page exclusively right now, and will  generalize the relevant changes to the whole site later.
If you're curious about Hypnospace, I wrote this introduction while listening to Icy Girl from the soundtrack!

I probably forgot some things I wanted to talk about for a minute (I have ADHD) so I might edit this later but this is probably all for now. Happy to get to know y'all!  :cheerR:

Edit 1 (2023.11.08 06:33AM) | One of the things I forgot to mention is my design goal with my site. Basically I want to get the spirit of old websites, but I feel compelled to also use certain modern standards since we do have CSS now. So I decided to regularly check my site with the WAVE accessibility evaluation tool to see if it's...accessible!! Because it's no fun if people can't use my site. Although it's not great on mobile so far I'm passing the checks which I'm pretty happy about. I view it as a good check and challenge to make interesting stuff that's also accessible. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023 @282.70 by Neguuy » Logged
myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Two SSL certificates for the price of oneFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023 @677.65 »

Hello! Cool ears!

You've got a pretty neat website, very easy to read! I commend your efforts to make it accessible, no matter what I try it seems like there's always something weird on my site that makes it fail the checks that I don't know how to avoid.

I only know of one song from Hypnospace Outlaw and it's Granny Cream's Hot Butter Ice Cream.

Enjoy your stay on this Forum; I know I have!

Neguuy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023 @832.23 »

@myleszey Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the compliments!
I'm not an expert at all with the accessibility stuff but if you tried with the WAVE tool there's a details tab that tells you exactly what's wrong with the check and some tips on how to fix it (sometimes they aren't super helpful like with ARIA landmarks that seem very complex, but I was missing the lang attribute in in my <html> and this one's super easy to fix and they directly tell you how to do it. I do pass the checks but I've never had feedback from actual users who'd need those particular accessibility efforts yet so I'll stay very very humble about the state of accessibility on my site. :innocent:
Memory
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023 @649.04 »

Hello and welcome Neguuy!

Video game OST's are a big fav of mine, and I even created a thread for discussion here if you'd like to share your favourite(s)! What is your favourite time period for games?

I checked your website out too and I love the aesthetic! It reminds me of playing minesweeper on my old chunky PC monitor  :ozwomp: ! So many of us are here as refuge from the greater social media network, so I do hope you enjoy your time here more.

◖ ⊹  ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ —  ࣪ ׅ୧ You got: Awhe's Welcome Pack!  :dive:  ୨⸼ – ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ  ⊹ ◗
- Small reminder that the forum closes every Monday. Do not be alarmed! We'll be back every Tuesday! Why? Click here!
keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023 @930.84 »

welcome welcome! c:

i love hypnospace too!! the OST is amazing, and the detail that they put into every single little page and editing of them is so amazing. i think it must have been an inspiration for lots of new people to get into webdev, which is awesome!!!  :transport:

your site is super cute, and i love your OST choices on the playlist there :ha: who is your favorite hypnospace netizen?!

i hope you enjoy your stay!!

xoxo, lolo =3

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
Neguuy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023 @88.13 »

Hello and welcome Neguuy!

Video game OST's are a big fav of mine, and I even created a thread for discussion here if you'd like to share your favourite(s)! What is your favourite time period for games?

I checked your website out too and I love the aesthetic! It reminds me of playing minesweeper on my old chunky PC monitor  :ozwomp: ! So many of us are here as refuge from the greater social media network, so I do hope you enjoy your time here more.

Ohh that's super cool!! I can't really pick out any time period for games because I really love tons and tons of different games but I think a lot of my top (game info is absolutely not entirely filled out but you can at least see the image that condenses the games) ends up around the late 90s/early 2000s.
I'll try to remember to reply to that post of yours with some of my favourites (I have a local library with about 350GB's worth of 320kbps MP3 files, all VGM, so lots to pick from) when I have a lot of time. And thank you for the kind word on my website :4u:

welcome welcome! c:

i love hypnospace too!! the OST is amazing, and the detail that they put into every single little page and editing of them is so amazing. i think it must have been an inspiration for lots of new people to get into webdev, which is awesome!!!  :transport:

your site is super cute, and i love your OST choices on the playlist there :ha: who is your favorite hypnospace netizen?!

Thank you!!!  :transport:
My favorite Hypnospace netizen off the top of my mind is TwilightTiff but I also really liked Tamara's vibe (that's why I have her theme on my site!!). I'm glad people are enjoying the very direct inspiration, and I'm glad to see other people who were impacted by the game like I was! :D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi