Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @191.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What home console did you play as a kid?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: What was your childhood console?
Gamecube
N64
Nintendo (other)
Other company
Xbox
Playstation
SEGA

Author Topic: What home console did you play as a kid?  (Read 3166 times)
bingus_baby
Full Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: December 31, 2023 @63.94 »

So like. As a kid I was an N64 child, since I got one second hand from a buy in my neighborhood. But later on I found out… not everyone had an N64! A lot of kids grew up on GameCube, and when I find out it says a lot about that person. So what console did you grow up on? It’s a bit of a tell of personality and your history, so I’d love to hear what each of y’all played. (For da Melon King himself, I have my guesses lolol)

And for handhelds/phones, comment down below!!!! This is about home consoles, but for bonus points tell me ur handhelds. I’ll put mine later when I have more time!! Super Mario 64 awaits me rn…

Edit: Made the thread with Nintendo and classic consoles in mind. Sorry about the lack of variety! And my age is showing again ;v; Still wanna hear all ur stories tho, please do share!!! Edited the poll a bit to have a few more options and be more broad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023 @209.90 by Bingus_Baby » Logged

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023 @87.35 »

The poll seems awfully Nintendo-centric. :drat:

My first console was the Sega Mega Drive. Then I got a PS1 and later a PS2. Afterwards I got a PS3 but didn’t play it much before going full on retro. Now I play all sorts of systems!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
corvidaegalaxy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

nonpsychotic 🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: corvidae

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023 @90.75 »

i might be too young for this poll, mine was the wii and ds <///3

SquidDied
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: squiddied
iMood: Squid_Died

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023 @92.87 »

the very first console i got was a ps1! my brother and i both got it as an xmas gift when we were very little and we always took turns playing Spyro levels, my dad also joined in when it got too difficult for us lmao.

although the first games i ever played was on my dads old amiga, he had a bunch of games on cassette tapes!

bingus_baby
Full Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023 @208.11 »

The poll seems awfully Nintendo-centric. :drat:

OMG NOOOOOOO
But that honestly ties back into the theme of the thread!! I didn’t even know what PlayStation or Xbox was until way too late in my life… I was born and raised in a Nintendo family. But it’s not too soon, I’ll edit the poll accordingly. Thank you for calling me out!! ;v;

Memory
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023 @347.53 »

My first-ever home console was the PS1. I played the classics on there like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Croc, and PaRappa the Rapper. I also played games on the PS2 around the same time.

While the PS1 and PS2 were my first consoles, I'd say my main home console - the one I spent the most time playing and the one I have the most memories of, is the Nintendo 64, which was gifted to me in 2006. I've still got it and all the games I've collected for it over the years.

The last home console I played with a lot as a kid was the Wii.

I got into lots of other consoles but that was later on, through my teens up until today.
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024 @653.48 »

I had a NES, a SNES, and a Sega Genesis, all bought secondhand with money I earned collecting soda cans and bottles and redeeming them for a nickel each. I had to collect a shitload of cans. (Which you can only do in NY and a few other states in the US.)

rinni
Casual Poster ⚓︎

IS YOUR MEMORY CARD SET CORRECTLY?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024 @694.03 »

My first console was a pink DS lite and I remember it like yesterday!!! I firmly believe the DS line of consoles was one of the greatest on the market! Their design was perfect, and even though there were so many iterations of the console, improvement was minimal because it was already great from the get-go!!

I think i had 3-4 DS consoles over the line’s lifetime. The pink DS lite, a maroon DS XL that was quite large in my tiny baby hands, and later on a purple 3DS! I never got to upgrade to a new!3DS, and im not sure why i had so many in a row because I don’t remember any of them ever breaking or having faults…
alongside them I also had a white Wii (of course! Couldn’t have one without the other!) and later on a black WiiU.

I’m glad my parents gave me the opportunity to get into video games from a young age, of course my dad did his own gaming on a PS4 and the family computer, and my mom had an NES and later an SNES and Game Boy, so it’s in my blood! My mother completed several New Super Mario Bros. files at 100%. Several. She would delete them and start all over. Crazy…

Anyway, i love Nintendo… they have their faults, but my childhood was ao great thanks to them lol!

Yaya

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024 @727.64 »

Cool thread! My first console was the Sega Genesis, technically the model 2 I think. I loved it! I mainly played Sonic 2 and it was super fun (and super frustrating) since you would have to restart your progress if you died. Sonic Mania on the switch/steam is a pretty solid port of the game so that's been fun to play.

I also had a knock off DDR mat type game but I'm not sure what system it was for?

Later on we had the Wii which was super fun with friends. It was just cool technology and it was the thing to do with friends. Smash, Kart, and guitar hero/rock band, along with some solo games were super fun. WiiFit and WiiSport too were classics.

One time me and my brother in elementary school found an old gameboy (or nintendo ds? I'm not sure?) on the school bus so we played it all night and then returned it the next morning. It was like finding gold.

Never had any xbox or play station simply because we couldn't afford it and my parents were a bit strict on media consumption so we were a bit behind on the times. No complaints though!
bingus_baby
Full Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2024 @172.64 »

I will finally leave a reply to ma own thread!! (Since I finally have a chance to breathe after a long month.)

First console (period) was a pink DS Lite. I broke it, and the replacement, and then the replacement to that one as well. Luckily at the time I had a red GameBoy Advance SP to hold me over until I got a DSi! (I have no idea where the GBA came from, it just... spawned one day in my house. My mom can't remember where it came from.) Then a red 3DS around the time it came out, for my birthday.

In terms of consoles, I got an N64 from some guy in my neighborhood. I never knew him well and he moved out before my childhood memories got less fuzzy. But apparently my mom dated him, so he probably wanted to impress her lmaooooo

I played the first stage of Mario 64 over and over and over again for years until I got a Wii. It was around the time the system launched, and my aunt of all ppl got it for me! She rarely got me presents, but when she did she went all out for some reason. Looking back, that's pretty awesome since apparently the Wii was hard to get when it launched! I played it a LOOOOT. But I don't quite consider it my childhood console since it was a bit later in my life! I also did have an OG Xbox during my N64 era which was secondhand from my uncle, but didn't play it quite as much due to me having less games for it. But honestly, I don't give it enough credit since I did play it more than I remember. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger was the BOMB dude. That game ROCKS. I really need to replay it, and get a new Xbox. I think I traded it into GameStop for like. $20. I made a LOT of regrettable trades there. I still cry over some of the games/consoles I sold omggggggggg ;_; PSP 3000 you will never be forgotten... (I had one game and no memory stick and didn't know how it worked.)

I did have more games, but those are too modern for the context of the thread! But yeah. Game collector since I was a kid, and until the day I die. It comes and goes, but lately I take it more seriously and understand the value of games a lot more than back then. By which I mean I collect shovelware and weird games for fun. *points at badge reading "Ask me about my GBA shovelware collection!"*

And bonus speed round! Favorite game (at the time) from each console I owned as a kid!!!!!

N64: Bust a Move 99
Xbox: Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Wii: Mario Party 8
NDS: Any Gen 4 Pokemon game. (But I had a LOT more favorites on this console.)
GBA: Super Mario 3*
3DS: Style Savvy: Trendsetters

*I will defend the Super Mario Advance line like no one else. It's good. No arguments.

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2024 @269.35 »

I was a Wii kid! And also a Gamecube by extension. I don't know how many people know this, but the Wii was able to run Gamecube discs, so I used it to play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

My favorite Wii games as a kid were Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wii Fit, Epic Mickey, and the Legend of the Guardians tie-in game, and World of Zoo.

xero333

StatusCafe: xero333
iMood: xero333
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2024 @707.01 »

My first proper console was a Playstation 1. I absolutely loved gaming on that machine. My dad also picked me up a second hand SNES with Zelda: A Link to the Past, which I would often play and enjoy a LOT. I have owned gameboys, gameboy advance, basically all Playstations, SNES, Nintendo DS, Wii, and now mainly game on my PS5 and gaming PC. PS1 and PS2 era were my absolute favourite in gaming though. The amount of different and creative games available was truly staggering!

:pc: Bring back the old web! :pc:
Darmodej

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2024 @989.43 »

none!! the only console i ever touched was at a friend's birthday party
but i was really into emulators

ano, ja jsem on
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2024 @484.63 »

I played the GameCube and PS1/2 at my cousin's but my own home console was the Wii. After that it was just handhelds (GBA SP/DS).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024 @486.59 by BlazingCobaltX » Logged
soju

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2024 @710.29 »

my first was a Playstation 2, and I think the only games I really played on it were Sonic Mega Collection, Pac-Man World 2, and Lego Star Wars.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomps Voyage - Playable edition development journal!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 21
Views: 6312
Last post February 27, 2022 @128.44
by ellievoyyd
What are you playing (or have finished)?

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 204
Views: 19711
Last post July 26, 2024 @117.15
by laikachanne
Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 4785
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi