Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @88.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 912.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What home console did you play as a kid?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: What was your childhood console?
Gamecube
N64
Nintendo (other)
Other company
Xbox
Playstation
SEGA

Author Topic: What home console did you play as a kid?  (Read 3511 times)
larvapuppy
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2024 @809.29 »

I had a hand-me-down Nintendo 64 from one of my mother's work friends back when all the kids had the Game Cube and even the Wii, but I didn't know the difference and loved it anyway. :grin: I feel quite lucky to have grown up playing the Banjo series and even Donkey Kong 64. I spent hours playing Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium. I still have my childhood collection and continue to enjoy the games to this day!  :cheerR:

Also, my uncle had a Sega Genesis and I remember he occasionally let me play Sonic when we visited.

the end of an era, one starts anew
sokil
Jr. Member ⚓︎

listen, there's music in the air

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: sokil
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2024 @833.28 »

they were technically hand me downs, but my first consoles were a ps1 and a gameboy advance. the first console that was actually "mine" (i think it was a christmas gift?) was a wii, back when they first came out. i still have all of them, actually! all in great working condition too. on the ps1, i played A LOT of crash team racing - that was one of my favorite games ever (i also played some of the ps4 remake and it's still pretty fun!). on the gameboy, i played a lot of pokemon; i had silver, crystal (which i unfortunately lost), gold, and firered. those were fun times. the same applies for when i eventually got a dsi (i have a 3ds too, but didn't play it as much as i did the gameboy and dsi).

i definitely spent most of my time playing wii, though. wii sports/wii fit, rock band (this was 100% my favorite), pokepark (my other favorite - and criminally underrated! this game was so fun), super mario bros...i'm sure if i went through my games, other stuff i used to play would come back to me. i also had a few gamecube games that i played on wii since i never owned a gamecube; out of that small lot, i mostly played the avatar: the last airbender game. as i got a bit older, i also played a lot on xbox 360, mostly skyrim, call of duty, and minecraft.

i also played tons of pc games as a kid - stuff like fish tycoon, feeding frenzy, diner dash, and of course mmorpg-like games like toon town, wizard101, etc, among various other things (including minecraft). but now i'm getting off topic so i'll stop there :p

my family did have a sega genesis (still do, actually), but we have no idea where any of the games went and i've never actually played anything on it before. nonetheless, it was a pretty neat discovery when cleaning the house one day years ago.

a drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind

Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2024 @906.02 »

The first home console I ever played was the N64, but it was at my Nana's house so I was only able to play it when visiting during the holidays. It wasn't until the wii came out that my parents could afford a home console. So while the N64 was my first home console, I spent a lot more time with the wii as a kid.

The gameboy color was not only my first handheld, it was my very first gaming console period. It was a hand-me-down from an older sibling. I believe at that point my siblings had moved onto Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, so one of them had given me their Red version too lol. But because I mentioned it with home consoles I'll do it for handhelds too: I spent the most time playing the Gameboy SP and DS.

Fave game from each console:
N64: Ocarina of Time
Wii: Twilight Princess
Gameboy: Red version
Gameboy SP: Tie between Minish Cap and Ruby version
DS: Diamond version

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2024 @153.59 »

Ohhh man i remember playing the Xbox 360 all the time, especially minecraft 360 edition and Call of duty, oh BOY those were some great games. I also had my DS with the grippy Nerf case in either black or blue, which i played Mario Kart DS and Pokemon Diamond on, which was followed by my blue 3DS which I used to play Super Smash Bros and Nintendogs + cats. I still have pictures from the 3ds, ill post some here so y'all can see!

* HNI_0099.JPG (34.02 kB, 400x240 - viewed 31 times.)

* HNI_0083.JPG (48.9 kB, 640x480 - viewed 21 times.)

* HNI_0009.JPG (25.27 kB, 400x240 - viewed 20 times.)

* HNI_0007.JPG (14.87 kB, 400x240 - viewed 22 times.)

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2024 @160.37 »

Ohhh man i remember playing the Xbox 360 all the time, especially minecraft 360 edition and Call of duty, oh BOY those were some great games. I also had my DS with the grippy Nerf case in either black or blue, which i played Mario Kart DS and Pokemon Diamond on, which was followed by my blue 3DS which I used to play Super Smash Bros and Nintendogs + cats. I still have pictures from the 3ds, ill post some here so y'all can see!

some more photos

* HNI_0049.JPG (31.03 kB, 400x240 - viewed 23 times.)

* HNI_0065.JPG (35.32 kB, 640x480 - viewed 24 times.)

* HNI_0047.JPG (36.33 kB, 496x504 - viewed 20 times.)

* HNI_0099.JPG (29.23 kB, 400x240 - viewed 25 times.)

Yaya

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2024 @316.30 »

I had the Sega Genesis 2, and then the Wii and now the Switch! Never got into the Xbox/PS series as I stuck to gaming mainly on my PC.
Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2024 @648.16 »

I remember my parents got me a SNES that was either on clearance or on sale cause the N64 was out. It was probably around 1999. They got me Super Mario World and Super Metroid with it, they knew what they were doing. I could never play Super Metroid too much as a kid though cause the aliens were scary (I only beat it like 2-3 years ago, one of my favorite games now).

slimeteefs
Casual Poster

👻it/he/they🦷

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2024 @650.28 »

Fun thread! I'm really jealous of some of the other answers but also very nintendo x) My main one was a gameboy advance and then i remember really going hard into the ds era but i used to want a ps2 or like, a game cube. I probably have the most memories of the regular DS and played the most games on it. i miss pictochat!!!

:dunno:
bugholder's epiphany
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2024 @950.59 »

It was a mix of the N64, Gamecube, and PS2. I think some of my earliest memories were of me playing Super Mario Sunshine on the gamecube :)
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2024 @758.69 »

The playstation 1, then the Playstation 2, and PSP.  :loved:
My first video games for the PS1 were Crash Bandicoot 2 and Tekken 3.

I'm old xD

Rico
Newbie ⚓︎

*screaming* *kazoos*

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2024 @765.79 »

My very first console was probably the Xbox 360 LOL (it's still one of my favorites. When I moved from Texas to NY, I hauled my 360 in my backpack all the way there). I also had a DSi and later, a 3DS. I was kind of late to the game console party. Mostly I just played on my PC as a kid  :pc:

FEED SPARKLEDOGTCHI
krish
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The People's Princess ♡

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2024 @773.84 »

My younger brother and I were wii kids! I later on got a DSI XL, but only I played with it really.

MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎

{this personal text box intentionally left blank}

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2024 @681.20 »

We used to take 12-hour road trips to see relatives over thanksgiving, and so my parents wouldn't have to put up with my brother and I we both got DS lites as early christmas gifts with copies of mario kart ds and new super mario bros. Mine was blue, his was red, and we played a good bit together on the trip. But I beat mario bros on that cartrip, my very first video game and I beat it like it was nothing. I felt super good about that as a kid and I still do. We also had a wii, xbox 360, and I got a WiiU and 3DS while my brother went PlayStation, but that original DS lite still has a place in my heart (and a junk drawer, the hinge and top screen are super broken :(

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2024 @837.53 »

I just realized upon looking at this poll again that I said nintendo, probably my DS. While that is true, I forgot that that's not the first game system i ever played, or even the one I played the most as a kid.

My dad was a pretty active fps player back in the day (especially halo 2/3, he has the ODST steelbook) and had an old xbox 360. When I was probably 5 or 6, we used to play the lego star wars games every night after dinner. I had a bright pink controller, it was this one:

It's one of the few things i remember from when I was that young. My dad still plays shooters today, just much less frequently, and we have an xbox one :)

Sorcer
Casual Poster ⚓︎

:)

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2024 @893.99 »

My first console was a GameCube, but I don't think I had it very long before getting a Wii. The only non-licensed game I had for GameCube in my childhood was Super Monkey Ball 2, but the disc doesn't work anymore.

But I absolutely grew up in the era of Nintendo spanning from the DS to Wii U. I have a lot of nostalgia for the casual side of Nintendo during the DS and Wii, particularly involving Miis, as well as Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomps Voyage - Playable edition development journal!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 21
Views: 6456
Last post February 27, 2022 @128.44
by ellievoyyd
What are you playing (or have finished)?

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 205
Views: 20270
Last post July 27, 2024 @862.20
by tarraxahum
Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 5720
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi