Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @360.02 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects
| | |-+  Flood Script - Leaky Homepage Ring

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Flood Script - Leaky Homepage Ring  (Read 1735 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: March 26, 2024 @495.21 »

Flood Script - Leaky Homepage Ring!

Yes, my joke from the shoutbox is a real thing now  :tongue: And its a real thing you can use too! (maybe).

The Leaky Homepage ring is a webring / service that slowly fills your site with water that can be bilged away by visitors. Water levels are all synced on MelonLand servers and will update in real-time whenever someone bilges some water on a site; everyone will see the level rise and fall! (Each site has its own water level)

You can also keep track of all the sites currently being flooded by our severe here: https://melonking.net/free/software/flood

• For Neocities members - you need paid Supporter perks for it to work since it uses external scripting!
  • For Nekoweb - Fully working on the free tier!
  • For Other Hosted sites - You may need to check with your host in order to allow  "AJAX to other servers".

Its fully customizable and can be themed or even totally redesigned to suit your site!

Most of the info you need to get setup is on the link above, but here are some extra code over-rights you might find useful!
Code
<script>
   flood.disableInFrames = false; // Disables the flood if the page is loaded in a frame (Useful if your frame also floods)
   flood.disableMessages = false; // Hides the info message.
</script>

If you have any bug reports or feedback! Please do ask below! Also feel free to share any custom themes youd like to share!

For Server Coders:
I have attached the Node.js server code here if you'd like to review it or host your own flood server! I wont be offering support with this and you'll need to know how to use it (It's a Node.js module intended to have GET requests passed through from an express app) - but I hope u enjoy it!

* flood-server.js (2.93 kB - downloaded 5 times.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024 @515.13 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024 @521.02 »

This is amazing, like genuinely so fun and cute. I'll have to play around with this once I get Supporter...

Phoenix
Casual Poster

View Profile

mail buddyJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024 @615.20 »

Flood Script - Leaky Homepage Ring!

Yes, my joke from the shoutbox is a real thing now  :tongue: And its a real thing you can use too! (maybe).

The Leaky Homepage ring is a webring / service that slowly fills your site with water that can be bilged away by visitors. Water levels are all synced on MelonLand servers and will update in real-time whenever someone bilges some water on a site; everyone will see the level rise and fall! (Each site has its own water level)

You can also keep track of all the sites currently being flooded by our severe here: https://melonking.net/free/software/flood

• For Neocities members - you need paid Supporter perks for it to work since it uses external scripting!
  • For Nekoweb - Fully working on the free tier!
  • For Other Hosted sites - You may need to check with your host in order to allow  "AJAX to other servers".

Its fully customizable and can be themed or even totally redesigned to suit your site!

Most of the info you need to get setup is on the link above, but here are some extra code over-rights you might find useful!
Code
<script>
   flood.disableInFrames = false; // Disables the flood if the page is loaded in a frame (Useful if your frame also floods)
   flood.disableMessages = false; // Hides the info message.
</script>

If you have any bug reports or feedback! Please do ask below! Also feel free to share any custom themes youd like to share!

For Server Coders:
I have attached the Node.js server code here if you'd like to review it or host your own flood server! I wont be offering support with this and you'll need to know how to use it (It's a Node.js module intended to have GET requests passed through from an express app) - but I hope u enjoy it!

Noooo melondland is gonna flood  :sad:

"My Flames may flicker, but they Shall never die!"
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024 @664.43 »

Im getting some mixed reports from people; some people say it's working on non-supporter neocities sites - others say it's not. If anyone wants to try it out on their non-supporter site, please do so and let me know - you can inspect your site and check the console and network tab to see if connections are being blocked!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
serenefork
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a Beanie Buddy!

StatusCafe: serenefork
iMood: serenefork

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024 @112.63 »

I just added it to my non-supporter Neocities site and it seems to be working fine!  :ha: 
It might depend on when the site was created? Sometimes older sites have been able to use functions that have been removed for new non-supporter sites.

(he/they)

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024 @588.90 »

It might depend on when the site was created?
This explains a lot; thank you for the feedback!

@wygolvillage give it a try, your site is early 2023, so Id be curious if it works for you :omg:

Also here is an updated server script that contains some recent improvements!

* flood-server-2.js (4.09 kB - downloaded 4 times.)

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024 @625.35 »

This explains a lot; thank you for the feedback!

@wygolvillage give it a try, your site is early 2023, so Id be curious if it works for you :omg:

Also here is an updated server script that contains some recent improvements!

I've noticed my site has some external scripts work that others say don't work on non-supporter sites, like my "Last Updated" section on the bottom of my homepage, so I'm curious as to what's the deciding factor. Will try ASAP  :ozwomp:

Edit: The little icon has appeared in the corner of the page I put it on, but no water. So it seems like it's not working on my site.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024 @628.99 by wygolvillage » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024 @629.61 »

The little icon has appeared in the corner of the page I put it on, but no water. So it seems like it's not working on my site.
It is working! I spotted your site appear on the ring page - it just takes a few minutes for it to start visibly flooding ^^

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024 @686.66 »

Huh, yeah, looks like it is working.

Since my site is post-2022 I guess time/date isn't actually the factor then...? Curious!

Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: kolo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024 @739.95 »

Might the struggles with it randomly not working on sites be because of the 2024 CORS changes?

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ there is a dream world many miles inside me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ and i go there when i can ... many miles haunting me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2024 @745.31 »

Might the struggles with it randomly not working on sites be because of the 2024 CORS changes?

Aha, that's almost certainly the reason! So its any site created after Jan 2024.

This also means that Status Cafe widgets must be broken on new sites too  :sad:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024 @746.96 by Melooon » Logged

Skykristal
Full Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2024 @831.38 »

That's so fun!! I love stuff like that haha thanks for sharing it with us. I use it on my homepage now :transport:

oh also, I don't know if this is even a bug, or something that can be fixed.. idk about reporting it, but it jumps on mobile. (The height of the water jumps randomly while scrolling and then goes down again). it's probably not mobile optimised or intended for mobile use/browsers so.. idk if it's important to point out.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024 @837.78 by Skykristal » Logged

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
Yaya

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2024 @955.95 »

I just added! What fun! Love that since my site is garden themed it's a bit like watering a garden  :loved:

Thank You!  :ozwomp:
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2024 @82.93 »

I just added! What fun! Love that since my site is garden themed it's a bit like watering a garden  :loved:

Thank You!  :ozwomp:

What a funny coincidence, I decided on adding it to my own garden page!

WynnDawnstrider
Casual Poster ⚓︎

PicMix: WynnDawnstrider

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2024 @151.34 »

Oh this is super cute and fun! But now I have to wonder about the possibility of making stuff that floats on top of the water like boats or a rubber duck or something? Or have fish swimming in it?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What is an extremely messy way to write a hello world script?

Started by Icey!Board ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 9
Views: 2420
Last post September 03, 2023 @739.02
by Kallistero
I started a webring: Retroweb Ring

Started by BradEBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 2
Views: 1582
Last post June 27, 2022 @743.02
by BradE
HELP: Unity/C# Random Weather Script

Started by cinniBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1210
Last post May 17, 2022 @786.75
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi