Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @177.11 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Redundant topics?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Redundant topics?  (Read 763 times)
Mela
Casual Poster ⚓︎

PicMix: Melaaaa

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 28, 2024 @825.05 »

I was browsing the forum and I've noticed a few topics which are very similar to already existing ones.
I'm referring to those that are about the same subject but don't add anything new to discuss or share about when compared to the previous ones.

For example, I've seen at least four topics about general anime talk:

Favorite anime or animated series

Anime thread

What Anime are You Currently Watching?

favorite anime?

Obviously there's nothing wrong with the topics themselves, but they're all so similar. Since replying to older posts is normal in this forum, I don't see why we should need making new topics about the same exact thing after some time passes.

It feels messy. It's like splitting the same topic in two or more.
I mean, what if there were interesting replies in each of them and I wanted to reply to all of them? What if I wanted to quote someone from another topic? I can't split a discussion in two, it would be confusing and annoying.
One topic does the job just fine and better in my opinion.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
I hope I don't come off as rude, I just think that we should take a better look at previous topics when making new ones, especially when it's about a popular subject. Otherwise we might end up filling up the forum with redundant topics.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024 @826.77 by Mela » Logged
Skykristal
Full Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024 @828.84 »

Yeah duplicates or topics extremely similar to eachother are a bit messy. I feel like people either don't do research before posting, or don't like to necropost, even though it's not a thing here.

Maybe they can be merged together into one thread. Unless it's false memory, thread posts can be moved (by melon)

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible miracle

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024 @912.07 »

i feel similarly, i also feel like having (for instance) one general anime thread would facilitate better, wider, and potentially more interesting discussion than a more individualized topic purely because it wouldn't be so splintered, if that makes any sense lol

the holy inquisition finds you guilty of heresy and you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024 @950.27 »

Necroposting is quite fun but I remember that it wasn't welcome on several French forums between 2000 and 2010, never understood why.

But I do agree that some topics would gain in efficiency in being less diluted in numbers !
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024 @950.78 »

Feel free to report topics that you feel are redundant, chances are that they are merged. Probably won't be able to decide about this before the board closes in ten minutes :).

Necroposting is no problem here, as long as the post adds anything to the thread.

edit: This was easy to get an overview 'bout. Didn't merge "What anime are you currently watching" in, since it is not about the favorite anime but the current anime somebody watches. The other ones are now all in the "Favorite Anime" Thread. Thanks for making me aware :).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024 @954.92 by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024 @682.28 »

Feel free to report topics that you feel are redundant
Agreed on this point ^^ Small stuff moderation on this forum is mostly a community effort, so if you see something that you think needs attention it's important to report it otherwise chances are we'll assume that people like it being the way it is!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Mela
Casual Poster ⚓︎

PicMix: Melaaaa

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024 @358.54 »

Feel free to report topics that you feel are redundant, chances are that they are merged. Probably won't be able to decide about this before the board closes in ten minutes :).

Necroposting is no problem here, as long as the post adds anything to the thread.

edit: This was easy to get an overview 'bout. Didn't merge "What anime are you currently watching" in, since it is not about the favorite anime but the current anime somebody watches. The other ones are now all in the "Favorite Anime" Thread. Thanks for making me aware :).

Agreed on this point ^^ Small stuff moderation on this forum is mostly a community effort, so if you see something that you think needs attention it's important to report it otherwise chances are we'll assume that people like it being the way it is!

Got it and thank you!

I hope everyone will be more careful when making new topics so the forum doesn't get messy and we don't bother you when it's not strictly needed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

When Unread Topics start to pile up

Started by LyonidBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 12
Views: 1354
Last post August 11, 2023 @673.94
by BlazingCobaltX
Filler topics & other topic discussions

Started by DiffydaDudeBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 12
Views: 995
Last post March 15, 2024 @938.85
by j
Is there a way to immediately display topics by most recent?

Started by StonmannBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 4
Views: 124
Last post July 03, 2024 @652.50
by Stonmann

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi