Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @194.83 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 26/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What is your favourite piece of lost media/One you want found the most?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What is your favourite piece of lost media/One you want found the most?  (Read 3559 times)
fedya
Newbie ⚓︎

wassup!!!

StatusCafe: fedya
iMood: fedya

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2023 @987.84 »

SHIDONNI! It's a partially lost browser game where you could draw something to be your pet! I'm pretty sure you also got to draw their food, too. I remember it very fondly. You could get a custom plush of your drawings, too!

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2023 @82.47 »

I think I potentially hold the only copy of a Soundcloud song I like. It was All Star with We are Number One Lyrics. I can't for the life of me find the original, but I have it recorded on cassette. I was looking for it because I got a new high end deck, and wanted to improve the quality of my tapes, but since the original song is gone, I think I might digitise the recording I have got and archive it somewhere.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Mela
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2023 @290.58 »

A while ago I discovered about the lost JoJo movie and, after watching the few scenes that were found, I'm still curious about how the full movie would be. I know people make fun of it because "there's no Speedwagon" and the artstyle is really different, but I'm still very curious about it and I actually think the style kind of fits the atmosphere of Phantom Blood.
litten
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Do what you want forever!

iMood: litten

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2023 @260.16 »

When Night in the Woods was being funded on Kickstarter back in 2014, some of the backing tiers had rewards such as your initials in the game, a background character based on you, a handmade zine, and/or access to animated shorts.

The zine was released and sent to those who pledged $50, but no copies ever ended up online and this thread by Scott Benson, the game's creator, contains the only images I could find of the contents.

As for the animated shorts, they were intended to be released sometime after they were all produced, but they were never finished and never released. At least one was completed as this steam community post confirms some Kickstarter backers did get to see it. This screenshot of the short was also linked in the post.

It would be nice if a backer uploaded their copy of the zine or if the first short was published, it's been more than six years since the game released and almost nine years since the Kickstarter.

watermelon3y3s
Casual Poster ⚓︎

my brain is glitching in liquid pain

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2024 @725.01 »

this one will probably never be resolved,but i feel very curious about the original pv (or mv) of the song CURE,which,now that you mention vocaloid,is the first song published in the internet by vocaloid producer GHOST! i remember one that has been said to be the original pv,but we will never know...interesting!

:melon: :transport: this is what ive come to be.
sokil
Casual Poster

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2024 @818.02 »

Hands down, the missing Doctor Who episodes.

There's quite a bit of the first two Doctors missing and possibly lost for good, due to the BBC's practice at the time of wiping or destroying "spare" copies of film. A lot has been recovered, either in whole or in part, thanks to other networks around the world that purchased the show for air and still have them for whatever reason (yay!) as well as home recordings--there are audio recordings of all the missing episodes apparently, which is awesome, but I'd just about kill to actually watch the episodes!

this is definitely a big one for me as well!

as for others, i suppose i should start with the biggest one: the most mysterious song on the internet! lost music is one of my biggest interests, being the complete music nerd that i am :p it's actually a pretty good song too! the hunt's been ongoing for at least a few years now; there's an entire subreddit (i think it's /r/themysterysong) dedicated to it that's still really active to this day. a lot is up for debate, but everyone seems to agree that the band is likely from east germany.

(if other pieces of lost media i enjoy come to mind, i'll edit this with them; this is definitely my #1 though!)

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2024 @963.23 »

Generic pick but Earthbound 64. Its just so interesting to me like it doesnt feel like a game that was gonna be real. I also just want to see if its actually darker than the actual Mother 3 like everyone says.
Also Kirby GCN! I need more Kirby in my life LOL

This one is pretty obscure but I watched a stream by someone named Dyvonne who was playing Mother 3. Currently part 7 of the series is lost which sucks because I remember that one being really funny. Unfortunately all I can find is a short clip that I screen recorded but the stream itself is gone :(

IDK if Id say I care too much about this search but I kinda want to see the Jeff the Killer image found. Not sure why? Maybe its cause its the longest search Ive seen so far in real time?

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

NEW PLASTIC TREE 5.29 !!!!1!!!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2024 @998.13 »

It was All Star with We are Number One Lyrics.
that is a wonderfully cursed thing to have on cassette lmao
the lost JoJo movie
Oh, back when i had my Jojos hyperfixation in high school i saw parts of that! I also thought it was pretty cool. Another piece of Jojos media that isn't necessarily lost, but a bit of a hidden gem, is Heritage for the Future, the older fighting game. I played it with Fightcade for a while, might get back into it now that i've remembered its existence.
i don't know of much /lost/ media per se, but I really enjoy the subculture(?) around nijiura maid music. I like Tsurai's stuff the most, though Yakui is the most popular. A channel called havoccc posts the most maidcore music i've seen.

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2024 @190.45 »

that is a wonderfully cursed thing to have on cassette lmao

There are more cursed things I have recorded onto tape before. ;)

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
xero333

StatusCafe: xero333
iMood: xero333

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2024 @620.32 »

The one I want, and I'm not even sure if it exists, is any live footage of Phil Anselmo doing his "Stupid f*ckin experts" speech from the Pantera 101 Live Proof album. I know there is footage from the gigs used in the live album, but I am yet to come across any footage of this particular part and it's killing me. I've been searching for years!

:pc: Bring back the old web! :pc:
Snow
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2024 @638.10 »

Half of Boards of Canada's discography is lost media. They supposedly made several albums and EPs in the 90s and late 80s that, to my knowledge, have never been made public. It's interesting how there seems to be a lot of information on the contents of the albums (run-times for each track, titles of all the tracks, etc). Various excerpts purporting to be from these albums have been leaked to the Internet over the years, but a lot of these albums have never been leaked in their entirety. It's all so mysterious. I hope I get to hear them at some point, preferably within this century.

IDK if Id say I care too much about this search but I kinda want to see the Jeff the Killer image found. Not sure why? Maybe its cause its the longest search Ive seen so far in real time?

The search for the original JTK image is interesting just knowing the lengths people have gone in trying to identify its origins. I went down the rabbit hole last year. IMO the lesser-known variation of the image (the one with the "Potato Head Eyes", I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about) is way creepier than the most popular JTK image associated with the Creepypasta.

It would be awesome if anyone managed to find the original image, but I think the likelihood of finding it is very slim, if not impossible at this point. The original image must be almost 20 years old by now and is probably lost to time. I think the most likely explanation as to its origins is that the original image was probably a screenshot of a random person doing a livestream from a dark room in the early 2000s, and that image was then heavily edited in Photoshop and several variations were made as a way of making fun of the individual in the screenshot, and from there those images spread and the infamous JTK photo happened to reach very far across the Internet.

I dunno, just speculating at this point.

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2024 @810.76 »

It would be awesome if anyone managed to find the original image, but I think the likelihood of finding it is very slim, if not impossible at this point. The original image must be almost 20 years old by now and is probably lost to time. I think the most likely explanation as to its origins is that the original image was probably a screenshot of a random person doing a livestream from a dark room in the early 2000s, and that image was then heavily edited in Photoshop and several variations were made as a way of making fun of the individual in the screenshot, and from there those images spread and the infamous JTK photo happened to reach very far across the Internet.

I def agree! I've seen the JTK pic so many times that its more like someone I see a lot. The other pic however makes me uneasy. Maybe something to do with the uncanny valley IDK. As for its origins I feel like its both impossible to find but also that we are so close to finding it. Mainly bc of blameitonjorges video on I think it was called lost media bounties? That makes me feel that we're so close to finding it. But with how long this search has been going on for I feel like this is as close as we'll get. Who knows. Id love to be wrong bc I do really want to see that original pic

Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2024 @157.41 »

A clip from a Vargskelethor stream from like nearly a decade ago. He was singing a song about the plot of JJBA and it was very very goofy but I think it also had a copyrighted instrumental so  :ohdear:

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

NEW PLASTIC TREE 5.29 !!!!1!!!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2024 @290.76 »

He was singing a song about the plot of JJBA
i've heard enough, i need to see this :ozwomp:

Snow
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2024 @475.69 »

i've heard enough, i need to see this :ozwomp:

A clip from a Vargskelethor stream from like nearly a decade ago. He was singing a song about the plot of JJBA and it was very very goofy but I think it also had a copyrighted instrumental so  :ohdear:

It's not by chance this, is it? Singing starts around 3:07 in the video.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4199
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4976
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1825
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi