Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @55.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 945.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What is your favourite piece of lost media/One you want found the most?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: What is your favourite piece of lost media/One you want found the most?  (Read 5159 times)
zj
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

View Profile WWW

water walterFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2024 @737.25 »

No longer lost as of this april, but nonetheless my favourite, Is Everyone Knows that/Ulterior Motives. I won't share too much about it to keep things family friendly, but it was recently found in an adult film from the 80s which the song was created for. The original poster who asked about its origin had uploaded the only "clean" part of the song. The artist found out about the internet's love for the song when it was discovered, and decided to remake it 40 years after its origin, as the original clean track has been lost to time. It's been widely memed, with people creating "lost" versions of other songs like this one from an "alternate universe" where Ulterior Motives is a well known song and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is instead lost.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024 @412.21 by zj » Logged

why dontcha have a peek at my site :eyes:
(23 years old)
this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click to feed him :3
Darmodej

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2024 @31.62 »

oh heres a list i post evey time i come across a topic like this

- 3d racing game from before 2007, primitive (?) graphics, third stage minimap kinda looks like mickey's head and the stage itself is in rain/night. might've used shockwave (was in flash folder) but couldnt find it on flashpoint last time i checked (several months ago? might check agian some time). not Need for Madness (although VERY similar), Redline Rumble or Super Drift 3D.

- short story or comic where animals go to an afterlife of riding bucket lifts going up or down

- an old informational youtube channel with a man and a woman talking about stuff, the episode i watched was about something in the ocean (earthquakes? black smokers?) (NOT nautilus or great big story) they had extreme 2007-2013 xkcd energy and people in the comments found the constant talking annoying at the time but in retrospect it was very charming

- christmas cartoon where a bird character says sì a lot (at least in the russian dub, idk for the original)

- video where guy keeps adding salt to a dish and says "more saaaalt?" in a funny voice

- black and white cartoon out of which i only remember a scene where a bathtub on legs climbs a tower. mightve had demons in or around it.

- russian language creepypasta/spooky youtuber. used this video for bait and switch a lot

- the exact sample of danse boheme from carmen used in this and this

- reaction video to mereana mordegard glesgorv where the guy repeatedly says "whats up with your eyes man". this one might be truly lost

UPDATE: two of these have been found

racing game is grand prix challenge 2, no footage but available at flashpoint
flashpoint://run/f335eb30-678f-490b-80aa-781a24f1d7f2

russian youtuber is flynnflytaggart's earlier videos
the woody bit is from a missing episode (reupload)

This just makes me think of the scene in The Nightmare Before Christmas, where Lock, Shock and Barrel are in the sentient walking bathtub on their way to kidnap the 'sandy claws' haha!

VERY PROBABLY, i might watch the full film
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024 @33.17 by Darmodej » Logged

ano, ja jsem on
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2024 @187.52 »

Two different things.

A song from long ago called Forest Of Wonder by MHM Production, and the Mother 3 Nintendo 64 prototype.

The former I heard in a very old minecraft video, but the people who made it seem to have kinda vanished off the internet, or atleast, have taken down any instance of their music existing. There was one time where I found it after asking on Reddit... But i forgot to save the song before the website that had the song shut down, which I'll always slap myself over honestly.

The latter one... Oh boy, that one I've been craving for years in all honesty. For context, before it became a GBA game, Mother 3 was going to be a game on the N64 for the DD addon, before being moved to the N64 itself, before being straight up cancelled and made into a GBA game. The only thing that exists online of the game is various pieces of footage from spaceworld showcases back in 1995 - 1999.

Mother 3 N64 was always fascinating to me, especially since it was apparently "darker than the gba version". If you've played the game, you'd know why that would be insane to play thru :D

directv game lounge, because i REMEMBER experiencing this as a kid and its still SUCH a cool concept to me and i want to experience it again. it was basically a channel exclusive to directv satellite service where you could play games with your remote that you had to pay money for, or just play like free demos of the game. it was so neat to see games on the tv i was playing with a remote that wasnt connected to my xbox or wii. its such a cool concept and i wish they kept it going, i know it was because of smartphone and web games getting popular so it wasnt profitable but dammit i would still pay for that TODAY if i could

also another one i'd want found is that lost kxt denton song just because its such an interesting case and seeing as the person who brought it to the internet's attention died due to a tumor (i think), itd be nice to see the search come to an end with it found and preserved.

dudee i always loved the cheap flashgame stuff that seemed to be everywhere as like a bonus on stuff.. most of that is lost now probably tho..

as for the stuff i'm interested in, theres only one i can think of that hasn't been mentioned here being the DHMIS TV pilot.. (for those who dont know Dont Hug Me I'm Scared was a surrealist youtube series that got a 6 episode run on british tv its fantastic) basically the only footage that exists is handheld cam footage of a film festival and i dont think its been 100% recovered which SUCKS tho it is funny how it technically exists in universe bc its joked about in the 5th episode of the actual tv show

oh yea also i swear i had vivid memories of playing like a mario 3D land 3d puzzle room like thing but on like the gamecube?? i have no idea if it was real or not but throwing it out there

new to oldnet be nice

Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2024 @972.95 »

A bunch of Cartoon Network and Lego flash games. I played them a lot as a kid.

The good news is that I was able to find some! There's a working version of Big Fat Awesome House Party, someone put all the Cartoon Cartoon Summer Resort parts up on github, and there's the biomedia project for all the Bionicle flash games.

But my holy grail would be a working version of Teen Titans Battle Blitz. I can see it's on Flashpoint, but I can't seem to actually play it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong :drat:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 37
Views: 6467
Last post August 27, 2024 @582.13
by Bone-A Lisa
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 18
Views: 6611
Last post August 31, 2024 @266.71
by greyskieshappymind
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by MemoryBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 2636
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi