Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @263.81 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Personal Announcements

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print
Author Topic: Personal Announcements  (Read 20500 times)
villain
Casual Poster ⚓︎

it/he/they

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Yellowest Scot AwardJoined 2024!
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2024 @653.00 »

@BlazingCobaltX Part of my goal was to have it be approachable to non/new fans. I'm delighted to hear my somewhat leviathan guide pages are entertaining! There are altogether too many boys to keep track of :happy: I'm not even done with putting up synopses for all the shows i've seen on the sentai side, but that's something to keep chipping at

Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Joined 2024!
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2024 @756.49 »

Got back from a long hiatus to update the comics section of my site since I'm currently working on making a workshop about them! Gave it an actual homepage (it previously redirected to the recommendations page) and wrote two reviews! I haven't written a review in ages so the writing is kinda bad, but the priority is conveying information. Also, since I have a spreadsheet on Notion where I'm tracking my progress reading everything, I thought I'd add the percentages to my site; I think it improves the feel even if it's just some extra text. At some point I've gotta add a favicon for that area, but that's for another day as the comic look isn't something that screams 'pixel art'.

I've also been working on a website specifically for stuff about my comic in the works, Breaker, but that's still in the early stages. I do have a nice background and finally troubleshot the navigation format (always the bit that kills me)!

Clear Skies!
ennui
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mood indigo

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: ennui

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2024 @928.39 »

i recently began working on my site again after a year and a half long abandonment :ohdear: i only had 2 pages on there but now i have a total of 4, not much but im brainstorming. my 2 recent additions: a page where i wax nostalgia on my wasted days on the 'net back when i was a kid, and the ever important about moi section. here it is

villain
Casual Poster ⚓︎

it/he/they

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Yellowest Scot AwardJoined 2024!
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2024 @616.62 »

@Dibs I had a peek at yours earlier and your design is great, the collage of webcomic pages united by colour adjustment works really well as a background. I like Inhibit and have been meaning to check out Ride or Die :eyes:

Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2024 @711.98 »

and the ever important about moi section.

I love the way you compiled your favourite books and albums! The gradient map is so stylish -- I might have to try something like that myself when I finally get to that area of my site!

@Dibs I had a peek at yours earlier and your design is great, the collage of webcomic pages united by colour adjustment works really well as a background. I like Inhibit and have been meaning to check out Ride or Die :eyes:

Thank you! I'm really proud of how the background came out -- I love tiling things to make them repeat, and the colour grade worked exactly how I wanted! Inhibit slaps, and I've been following RoD's creator on tumblr for ages so I'm just waiting for the time to be right to binge it!

Clear Skies!
ennui
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mood indigo

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: ennui

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2024 @835.97 »

I love the way you compiled your favourite books and albums! The gradient map is so stylish -- I might have to try something like that myself when I finally get to that area of my site!

thank you very much. i was attempting a texture type thing i had seen on other sites but i didn't know where to begin or what i was even doing. im pleased with the end result even tho it wasn't exactly what i had in mind. i did end up finding out what that "texture type thing" is called - freaking dithering. so now i might redo that section since im never satisfied.

did you make your background yourself? it's super cool, i dig it! the color palette reminds me of an old comic book store that exudes warmth and smells of vintage paperbacks. and thanks to your site ive discovered more places to seek out web comics  :happy: even more to add to my tbr list sigh

Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2024 @853.22 »

thank you very much. i was attempting a texture type thing i had seen on other sites but i didn't know where to begin or what i was even doing. im pleased with the end result even tho it wasn't exactly what i had in mind. i did end up finding out what that "texture type thing" is called - freaking dithering. so now i might redo that section since im never satisfied.

did you make your background yourself? it's super cool, i dig it! the color palette reminds me of an old comic book store that exudes warmth and smells of vintage paperbacks. and thanks to your site ive discovered more places to seek out web comics  :happy: even more to add to my tbr list sigh

Oooh gotta love dithering! Any way of limiting your colours will lead to fun results -- that's how I got my background to look like that! I whacked pages I liked from several comics on a canvas, sliced it in half and swapped their positions, and then filled in the middle so that they would tile vertically. Then I got a yellow and purple gradient map on top and reduced the opacity so that it nudged everything to that nice yellowy tone without making the colours unreadable. Making your own backgrounds is fun and can lead to some really nice results!
I'm glad you like my page and found it useful! I too am dealing with a lengthy tbr list -- may we both work our way through them eventually  :ohdear:

Clear Skies!
xixxii
Full Member ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Web 1.0 Picture Size Expertthe xixxiiJoined 2024!
« Reply #262 on: September 20, 2024 @699.10 »

i've been on a real web site kick lately and having a very nice time pondering silly things to do on line.

the web site has an rss feed now!
i made a little page for rubber duck debugging - a cheery little page with a comment box for when i/anyone else needs to work out a problem and look at a picture of a rubber duck.
i made a weird little guy generator! get yourself a strange little beastie! you can even put hats on them, which i think is a very good addition personally.

tertiaryapocalypse
Jr. Member ⚓︎

travelling through space at a very high speed

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: tertiaryapocalypse

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!bred :3Joined 2024!
« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2024 @896.20 »

made a new blog post today about the neocities cli! sharing it here especially since i'd love to get some more experienced coder's eyes on it  :omg:

TERTIARYAPOCALYPSE.a button reading long gone legends in black and white with an eye icon with a star pupil
tertiaryapocalypse
Jr. Member ⚓︎

travelling through space at a very high speed

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: tertiaryapocalypse

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!bred :3Joined 2024!
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2024 @896.89 »

i made a weird little guy generator! get yourself a strange little beastie! you can even put hats on them, which i think is a very good addition personally.

i remember seeing this when i explored your site about a week back! it's so fun, i love the way you've set everything up.

i'll have to check out the rubber duck page too  :grin:

TERTIARYAPOCALYPSE.a button reading long gone legends in black and white with an eye icon with a star pupil
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 33
Views: 5990
Last post August 14, 2024 @142.36
by WK_0
What inspired you to create a personal website?

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 41
Views: 6019
Last post July 11, 2023 @56.78
by Bede
Looking for affiliates for my personal site and site collective network

Started by AltairBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 1437
Last post January 20, 2022 @306.20
by Altair

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi