This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 - @509.41
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  What are some things that should be on every site?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: What are some things that should be on every site?  (Read 3287 times)
JackFrost
Sr. Member
****
View Profile WWW


#MAYSGILLIAM2024
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: Autumn, 07 Nov 2022 @150 » Toggle Font Embed

I need ideas and that’s why I’m asking you! What should everyone add to their site or just something interesting you would want on a site?

Logged

https://digital-devil.neocities.org/images/photos/Gunpla/gm_cannon/GMpaper.jpg
https://digital-devil.neocities.org/images/site/49043.gif
Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan. https://digital-devil.neocities.org/images/frostnow.jpeg
Memory
Guest

« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 07 Nov 2022 @692 » Embed

Every site should have a link list (which was more common before search engines became a big thing). Cool sites. Sites you visit often. Interesting webdesign. You make the categories.
That way, I share bookmarks between computers. And maybe someone else finds a hidden gem there too.
There are plenty of niche websites that you'll only find via link lists. Search engines don't really show every scrappy little website.

Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 07 Nov 2022 @718 » Toggle Font Embed

Ummm every website should have a MelonLand forum graphic :tongue:

Sooo the main things I tend to look at on a site- An About Page, I like to know what kinda person is making the site - An art/music etc page, I like to see the things that this person likes to create, even if its just doodles or css buttons - The links page, as Gans said, I like to see who this site links too and what other sites they are into - The home page, well its just useful having one!

After that you can kinda do what you like - Blogs and photo journals are always cool.. The thing is, its not really about what stuff your site has, its more about whether that stuff expresses who you are. A site should express and showcase your individuality; thats the most interesting thing to see, and it can be done in any way. So it can be useful having a few standard features; but you dont realy neeeeeed them if you can express yourself in other ways :grin:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
DeltaFrost
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: deltafrost
iMood: hydratriangle

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 15 Nov 2022 @706 » Toggle Font Embed

Ooo, this is a good thread to stalk... and well... I'm a bit ashamed but I don't seem to have half of these things listed so far on my site yet :omg:k: I'll have to get around to adding them, as they're all good ideas. I do have a resources page but only for writing links, I want to add more sections. Especially soon I want to add buttons to other personal sites (like the sites you guys have on here) and maybe join a few webrings, that would be cool. I don't know if I have any extra suggestions besides that. Although, E-Shrines to things you love are really cool and another thing I want to implement on my own site.

Logged

q
Newbie
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: quest
iMood: qorner

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: Autumn, 23 Nov 2022 @108 » Embed

i also think a links page is essential!! :grin: there are so many sites ive only found because of link pages, but in a similarish vein as that id also like to add graphics pages to here too!!! :omg:k: theres so many graphics and images ive only found because of pages like that, and (personally i think its) really fun to go and download old graphics, especially, from other neocities sites or archived sites! you never know what youre gonna find, i like downloading a ton of graphics to add when i dont feel up to working on my site itself, so its still technically working on the website if you realllly think about it :grin: ive also found sites with really good pages that list graphics or other resources tend to get linked a bunch since it helps people find them, so it can draw attention to your site!

Logged
Memory
Guest

« Reply #5 on: Autumn, 23 Nov 2022 @127 » Embed

I'm glad the links page is getting so much love.

My favourite part of old sites was usually the humour section. I especially liked reading fanfics where familiar characters all act like idiots, or short comic strips.

Logged
Memory
Guest

« Reply #6 on: Autumn, 23 Nov 2022 @920 » Embed

A webpage

Logged
Cele
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: Winter, 14 Dec 2022 @816 » Toggle Font Embed

*cold sweat runs down my forehead as i realize i don't have a links page*

Usually on websites the first thing I check is the about.

Logged

https://64.media.tumblr.com/f339750d47b841f86b411f210c89bc48/a3f9ac693d24060d-e8/s400x600/2fce684b29380077b902465628201ec7b63f98ff.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/7fa851235decd83fb1f04728a2473956.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/f082aecc2519321c0a13c39f701907bf.png
https://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/gothorita.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe