Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @206.44 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  What are some things that should be on every site?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are some things that should be on every site?  (Read 1259 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: November 07, 2022 @149.85 »

I need ideas and that’s why I’m asking you! What should everyone add to their site or just something interesting you would want on a site?

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022 @691.85 »

Every site should have a link list (which was more common before search engines became a big thing). Cool sites. Sites you visit often. Interesting webdesign. You make the categories.
That way, I share bookmarks between computers. And maybe someone else finds a hidden gem there too.
There are plenty of niche websites that you'll only find via link lists. Search engines don't really show every scrappy little website.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022 @718.44 »

Ummm every website should have a MelonLand forum graphic :tongue:

Sooo the main things I tend to look at on a site- An About Page, I like to know what kinda person is making the site - An art/music etc page, I like to see the things that this person likes to create, even if its just doodles or css buttons - The links page, as Gans said, I like to see who this site links too and what other sites they are into - The home page, well its just useful having one!

After that you can kinda do what you like - Blogs and photo journals are always cool.. The thing is, its not really about what stuff your site has, its more about whether that stuff expresses who you are. A site should express and showcase your individuality; thats the most interesting thing to see, and it can be done in any way. So it can be useful having a few standard features; but you dont realy neeeeeed them if you can express yourself in other ways :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
MeowChirp
Casual Poster

iMood: HydraTriangle

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022 @705.81 »

Ooo, this is a good thread to stalk... and well... I'm a bit ashamed but I don't seem to have half of these things listed so far on my site yet :omg:k: I'll have to get around to adding them, as they're all good ideas. I do have a resources page but only for writing links, I want to add more sections. Especially soon I want to add buttons to other personal sites (like the sites you guys have on here) and maybe join a few webrings, that would be cool. I don't know if I have any extra suggestions besides that. Although, E-Shrines to things you love are really cool and another thing I want to implement on my own site.
q
Newbie ⚓︎

StatusCafe: quest
iMood: qorner

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022 @108.34 »

i also think a links page is essential!! :grin: there are so many sites ive only found because of link pages, but in a similarish vein as that id also like to add graphics pages to here too!!! :omg:k: theres so many graphics and images ive only found because of pages like that, and (personally i think its) really fun to go and download old graphics, especially, from other neocities sites or archived sites! you never know what youre gonna find, i like downloading a ton of graphics to add when i dont feel up to working on my site itself, so its still technically working on the website if you realllly think about it :grin: ive also found sites with really good pages that list graphics or other resources tend to get linked a bunch since it helps people find them, so it can draw attention to your site!
Memory
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022 @127.26 »

I'm glad the links page is getting so much love.

My favourite part of old sites was usually the humour section. I especially liked reading fanfics where familiar characters all act like idiots, or short comic strips.
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Any/All

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022 @920.28 »

A webpage

:ozwomp: my beloved

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2022 @816.31 »

*cold sweat runs down my forehead as i realize i don't have a links page*

Usually on websites the first thing I check is the about.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 2188
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 29
Views: 7851
Last post July 17, 2024 @105.61
by Zombiethederg
Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 11
Views: 2492
Last post May 09, 2024 @874.49
by BUTCHBONEZ

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi